So the launch went through. Different stores around the world are having the phone available. The hype is increasing so, BlackBerry, WHERE ARE MY PASSPORT ADDS? I mean, haven't we learned from our past that we do need to advertise the hell out of this phone?!

SERIOUS MOBILITY FOR SERIOUS BUSINESS!

I want my adds all over the Web!!!

Posted using the fabulous 10.3.0.1052 on my Z10
    09-29-14 10:49 AM
    You don't advertise to big corporations through standard commercials to the masses.

Unless you are a CIO or some sort of tech executive or director, you won't see any general advertising.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-29-14 10:51 AM
    You don't advertise to big corporations through standard commercials to the masses.

Unless you are a CIO or some sort of tech executive or director, you won't see any general advertising.

Posted via CB10
    So you are saying it will be advertised on "special business magazines" only? I don't think that will drive the amount of sales they pretend from the enterprise sector. Do you think those 200.000 phones sold where bought from business men? Not me. I mean, they probably are but not I don't think they new about the phones trough the "regular business channels"

09-29-14 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think you need both. Consumer demand is what made many corporations move to BYOD policies. Too many consumers wanted to use their iPhone & Androids in the workplace instead of BlackBerry's. Eventually, CIO's caved to the pressure.

I agree that BlackBerry doesn't need to advertise as much through traditional means for a corporate focused device, but they do need to invest some into winning back the hearts and minds of the end user who may be considering buying a rival device for use at work.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    09-29-14 12:51 PM
    ^ agreed. More on BlackBerry side better chance corporations will move quicker to adopt. Remember all CIO, CFO, and CEO positions are held by general consumers who often have a family life no different than you and I. Others around them influence their decisions more than people think.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:26 PM
    Here you go

09-29-14 02:28 PM
    I like that

Here you go

09-29-14 03:22 PM
    Maybe when AT&T makes up its mind when it will release the passport them we will see some commercials here in the US
    09-29-14 03:23 PM
    So you are saying it will be advertised on "special business magazines" only? I don't think that will drive the amount of sales they pretend from the enterprise sector. Do you think those 200.000 phones sold where bought from business men? Not me. I mean, they probably are but not I don't think they new about the phones trough the "regular business channels"

yeah, you're right. if you do see an ad, it would probably be in a business magazine. It would probably be in a trade magazine. You advertise where your target audience will be, otherwise it's a waste of advertising dollars.
    09-29-14 07:40 PM
    Here you go

Step in the right direction but I would have preferred to have some voice interaction in there to keep my attention somewhat..

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-29-14 08:49 PM
    Step in the right direction but I would have preferred to have some voice interaction in there to keep my attention somewhat..

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    I've seen it on launch day. But if you don't go to their website you don't get to see is. Maybe as little as advertising online through business insider, bloomberg, and sites like those would drive traffic to their website and potential buyers, but I haven't even seen that yet...

09-30-14 07:21 AM
    Amazon.de seems to be giving them a hand too. It's not shown every time though as they do have a few ads that they're cycling through.
    "Unusually quadratic. The new BlackBerry Passport"
    Attached Thumbnails Where are my BlackBerry Passport Commercials?-amazon2.png  
    10-01-14 01:59 PM
    Here you go

i can't help thinking about the Visa prototype (is it 'Visa' the one with its sliding keyboard) when i see those visual effects in this ad.
    10-01-14 02:04 PM