The most logical place to take the PassPort IMO, is full touchscreen on a separate model.
    +1
    05-04-15 08:23 PM
    Key combo to activate shift key and have symbols on keyboard. Then give me customize backlight leds and make internals faster / stronger. I live in a poor reception area I would love and would pay extra for a beefy internal antenna and a huge battery. That's just me. The rest, meh, keep the black on steel look, little thinner for pocket removal.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-04-15 08:35 PM
    Rather then having the half virtual half physical keyboard, what if they keys were little screens encased in clear plastic. This way the tactile physical keyboard still exists, but with the press of say a designated key the letters change to numbers etc. Would be pretty awesome imo.

Not saying it's plausible or cost effective, but would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:40 PM
    Rather then having the half virtual half physical keyboard, what if they keys were little screens encased in clear plastic. This way the tactile physical keyboard still exists, but with the press of say a designated key the letters change to numbers etc. Would be pretty awesome imo.

Not saying it's plausible or cost effective, but would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    There was some tech like that demod a few years ago, where part of the touch screen turns into tactile keys and then fades back to all touch.
    05-04-15 08:47 PM
    Yes number one need... so keyboard sits higher up offering a better typing experience....
    Exactly. Yes.
    05-04-15 09:21 PM
    Bigger battery. Updated software (Google Services, better camera, etc)

That's it! Size, form factor, screen, etc are all fine as-is. I'd imagine a CPU and RAM bump would make sense to make it "new", but in all honesty it doesn't need one.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    05-04-15 10:38 PM
    Ok,...we have versions 1.0 (original Passport) and version 1.1 (AT&T version). The question is, what will version 2.0 of the BlackBerry look like?

Things I'd like to see:
    #1 - A Trackpad. (let's face it...it would be an awesome addition)
    #2 - Faster processor (why not?)
    #3 - 4 GB of RAM (...why not?)
    #4 - 1/4" to 3/8" taller Screen!
    #5 - 4th Row of Keys (why not?)
    #6 - 4000mah Battery (...again, why not?)

In essence, just merge the Classic and Passport, but retain the W I D E SCREEN form factor!

They can call it what they want,...just build the damn thing!

Mr. Chen...are you reading this?

Posted via CB10
    If they had any brains they wouldn't take it anywhere based on current sales which are minuscule. Further investing in such a niche device would only prove beyond a shadow of a doubt how out of touch they are with the market. No offence to the Passport as I think it is a cool phone. However, the general market does not agree.
    05-05-15 06:55 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    If they had any brains they wouldn't take it anywhere based on current sales which are minuscule. Further investing in such a niche device would only prove beyond a shadow of a doubt how out of touch they are with the market. No offence to the Passport as I think it is a cool phone. However, the general market does not agree.
    I think they will hold off until sometime next year with either Passport 2 or Classic 2.

The Porsche Design Passport will be cool and we may see that before any refresh of these two models...

They will come out with the distinctive high end Slider.. and that will be flagship for remainder of this year and early next imo..
    But I do expect more innovation and unique phones from Chen.. he's just not interested in "same as everyone else" phones at the high end...

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-05-15 07:03 AM
    More premium casing or shell and overall super faster phone (if possible) Also improve the camera in order to silence some critics. In other words, just do what Apple does with the iPhones
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    05-05-15 08:18 AM
    A bigger screen, trackpad, and 4th row would make for a mini tablet with a keyboard. But I like the idea.
    05-05-15 09:26 AM
    Make the keyboard as wide as where your thumbs naturally end up. Better ergonomics would be appreciated.
    05-05-15 09:27 AM
    IMHO, fast and dirty ?
    Remove PKB and make all touch version. Specs unchanged.
    Optional sweetie ? use a curved screen
    05-05-15 09:38 AM
    IMHO, fast and dirty ?
    Remove PKB and make all touch version. Specs unchanged.
    Optional sweetie ? use a curved screen
    That is another option. But with rounded corners.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-05-15 09:46 AM
    I'd like to see the keyboard become a trackpad, say the centre of the keyboard: TYGH and space bar keys (to support both left and right handed users).

Obviously this should ne optional to users as not everyone will like it, and also be turned off when using actions like the keyboard.

I'd also like to see more touch enabled parts of the phone, for example: making the volume buttons touch enabled aswell as physical (like the keyboard) so a soft double tap rather than a physical tap will open a certain app like the camera, or maybe swiping down across the three will scroll (like the old Blackberry's with the scrolling wheel to the side)

Idk id just like to see a little more of the touch/physical button mix on the device, afterall thats what makes the passport so intriguing and its probably the only feature that makes people Wow.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 10:12 AM
    I agree with you both on this due to me buying the seidio convert case and holster combination and I found typing with the full case over the passport was easier on my hands. Reading this thread I think it's due to the bottom of the case having a higher chin that's made it easier. Just my opinion.

Posted from my BB10 passport
    05-05-15 10:58 AM
    Make the keyboard as wide as where your thumbs naturally end up. Better ergonomics would be appreciated.
    Because everyone has the same size hands right?

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    FCSC likes this.
    05-05-15 11:13 AM
    Because everyone has the same size hands right?
    Not everyone has the same size hands who use a previous BlackBerry pkb device. But they're more pleasant to type on.
    05-05-15 11:24 AM
    I'm not sure about making the PKB a trackpad. Wouldn't stray touches send the insertion point all over the screen. As it is, I can't stand when that happens with my ThinkPad touchpad; I don't think I'd want it on my Passport.

Now that I've experienced double typing on my Passport, I'm getting cooler to the whole PKB idea, especially after having the same problem on the Q10 and, a few years ago, several consecutive 9780s. So I'd be interested in an all-touch model, although I realize the LG Vu 3 with similar form factor wasn't a hit -- and for that matter the Passport itself wasn't a hit. But we're just daydreaming here, right?

In terms of specs, I think the current 3 GB of RAM is fine; a faster processor is always better. Don't need more MP in the camera, but perhaps better optics and definitely better image processing software. And if they want to keep me as an all-touch customer, they could add flow/swype to the VKB.
    05-05-15 12:54 PM
    I guess someone should market a PP chin extender. Modify a case and add a piece of Plastic under?
    05-05-15 01:55 PM
    In essence, just merge the Classic and Passport, but retain the W I D E SCREEN form factor!

They can call it what they want
    Classport?

I would definitely like to have a passport with a traditional BlackBerry keyboard though. No virtual keys.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-05-15 03:06 PM
    I'm not sure about making the PKB a trackpad. Wouldn't stray touches send the insertion point all over the screen. As it is, I can't stand when that happens with my ThinkPad touchpad; I don't think I'd want it on my Passport.

Now that I've experienced double typing on my Passport, I'm getting cooler to the whole PKB idea, especially after having the same problem on the Q10 and, a few years ago, several consecutive 9780s. So I'd be interested in an all-touch model, although I realize the LG Vu 3 with similar form factor wasn't a hit -- and for that matter the Passport itself wasn't a hit. But we're just daydreaming here, right?

In terms of specs, I think the current 3 GB of RAM is fine; a faster processor is always better. Don't need more MP in the camera, but perhaps better optics and definitely better image processing software. And if they want to keep me as an all-touch customer, they could add flow/swype to the VKB.
    I'd like to see if it would possible to turn the pkb into a trackpad while the keyboard is in scrolling mode by doing something along the lines of double tapping the spacebar, and possibly have even the TYGH keys be the track pad but you activate with a double tap on space. I frequently think that a trackpad would be useful especially for one-handed use.

It's a little frustrating for example that in the native browser they have a BlackBerry has a shortcut key setup for looking at your tabs (W), yet there is no way to navigate them without using your touchscreen which essentially ruins the whole point of having a shortcut key in the first place.

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    05-05-15 03:32 PM
    I guess someone should market a PP chin extender. Modify a case and add a piece of Plastic under?
    People looking for a bit more chin should try the BlackBerry hardshell case. It adds a little lip below all the keys except the space bar and I find it provides a nice gripping point for the thumbs while typing.

Posted from my Passport
    05-05-15 03:33 PM
    I'll talk only about trackpad ( forget about it ) seriously, passport with trackpad (n)

CB10 - Q10
    05-05-15 04:31 PM
    I want a touch-only version of the Passport retaining the same dimensions with a taller screen (still wider and easier to read) but more compatible with apps. Include the Z30 style back cover, QI charging, a better front-facing camera, 4GB RAM and that is pretty much my dream phone currently.
    05-05-15 06:05 PM
    To me, the Passport is the G-class Mercedes (Google it if you don't know what it is).

It's that boxy SUV, where some people are like, "ewwww who would ever buy such an ugly car?" but other people love them if they can afford them, and the design is what makes it distinguishable. It's had the same basic square design since it debuted in the late 70's, and it's iconic.

I think BlackBerry, like Mercedes, should pretty much keep the shape, but add some updated specs. I'm not a spec freak, so I'll leave that to other people to imagine.
    05-05-15 06:15 PM
102 1234 ...