Ok,...we have versions 1.0 (original Passport) and version 1.1 (AT&T version). The question is, what will version 2.0 of the BlackBerry look like?

Things I'd like to see:
    #1 - A Trackpad. (let's face it...it would be an awesome addition)
    #2 - Faster processor (why not?)
    #3 - 4 GB of RAM (...why not?)
    #4 - 1/4" to 3/8" taller Screen!
    #5 - 4th Row of Keys (why not?)
    #6 - 4000mah Battery (...again, why not?)

In essence, just merge the Classic and Passport, but retain the W I D E SCREEN form factor!

They can call it what they want,...just build the damn thing!

Mr. Chen...are you reading this?

Posted via CB10
    gg bb likes this.
    05-04-15 10:34 AM
    Me, I'd really just like to see further software enhancements. Of course, an even better camera would be nice, and I miss the amazing speaker on the Z30 (better bass) otherwise I think they nailed the form factor of the Passport and I certainly wouldn't want any screen, keyboard, or trackpad changes unless they managed to do so without changing the size overall.
    05-04-15 11:02 AM
    I don't think I like the idea of making the Passport any larger. I would appreciate the extra Ram and larger battery. As far as design changes, I would make slight changes to make the device more comfortable to hold. I'm not saying the device is not comfortable. Nor am I saying it's perfect. The device was designed with an actual passport in mind. Changing the design ruins that inspiration.

Posted via CB10
    Mads Olsen likes this.
    05-04-15 11:10 AM
    Next step is cramming all that passport power into a Classic chassis...that would be an instant buy for me

Posted via CB10
    amathtools likes this.
    05-04-15 11:33 AM
    I would like to see better software (64bit) with 64 bit processor with nice clock frequency jump and smaller arch. Same size battery with even lower consumption from upgraded hardware/optimized software, Better camera, waterproof...... all I can think of right now.
    05-04-15 11:38 AM
    You don't need a 4th row of keys (once you've gotten used to it), so I would scratch that one and use the space savings for whatever else.

Similarly, does it really need a trackpad? They just need to enable the keyboard to also act like a trackpad,.. no need to even move your thumbs off the keyboard area.

Larger battery is fine as long as it's feasible, same with higher specs (keep it as the flagship).

Posted via CB10
    conite, bp2k7, Shadowyugi and 2 others like this.
    05-04-15 11:41 AM
    Similarly, does it really need a trackpad? They just need to enable the keyboard to also act like a trackpad,.. no need to even move your thumbs off the keyboard area.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The whole keyboard as a trackpad is way better than adding another row to accommodate it. I can then use it at whatever point my thumb hits the keyboard instead of maneuvering to a static trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    05-04-15 11:45 AM
    Put a Q10 style 4-row keyboard on it and extend the length slightly to accommodate typing. But keep the touch-sensitive features that exist today!

Simple really. Then release a Q10 update which is exactly like the Q10 today but with PP memory and processor. Keep the replaceable batteries as that is an essential feature for many users!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:04 PM
    Hmm, I see some of you are on this,...cool! Note, I doubt if the entire Keyboard can be a Trackpad. It probably would be best if a given Key(s) was/were assigned for Trackpad only duties,...say, T and Y for independent Trackpad duties. The question would be when will it be Trackpad,...and when will it be the appropriate Character key?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:05 PM
    No trackpad on Passport II. No thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:07 PM
    Ok,...we have versions 1.0 (original Passport) and version 1.1 (AT&T version). The question is, what will version 2.0 of the BlackBerry look like?

Things I'd like to see:
    #1 - A Trackpad. (let's face it...it would be an awesome addition)
    #2 - Faster processor (why not?)
    #3 - 4 GB of RAM (...why not?)
    #4 - 1/4" to 3/8" taller Screen!
    #5 - 4th Row of Keys (why not?)
    #6 - 4000mah Battery (...again, why not?)

In essence, just merge the Classic and Passport, but retain the W I D E SCREEN form factor!

They can call it what they want,...just build the damn thing!

Mr. Chen...are you reading this?

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on all those points.
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-04-15 12:43 PM
    No huge batteries please, passport is big enough,
    More efficient 14nm components should improve battery life more than a bigger battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 01:53 PM
    Agreed. Slim down the junk code in the software. But you CAN make the battery user-replaceable. Now that would make it better!

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    05-04-15 01:59 PM
    I just want the chin to be HIGHER/LONGER (not wider), so the phone doesn't kill my fingers and thumbs in prolonged used of typing. Otherwise, make a chin extender as an accessory.
    05-04-15 02:03 PM
    1) Much better camera, faster auto-focus is a must
    2) A mini stylus would be awesome, I miss my palm
    3) Bigger screen (smaller frame, overall size the same)
    4) A chin and rounded corners (ATT version)
    5) More colours, Green would be awesome
    6) More built in home screen customization (weather, stocks...), a notification center
    Sexy Sadie and amathtools like this.
    05-04-15 02:04 PM
    I just want the chin to be HIGHER/LONGER (not wider), so the phone doesn't kill my fingers and thumbs in prolonged used of typing. Otherwise, make a chin extender as an accessory.
    Yup, they could have used the Q10 and previous devices as a guide. But, on no, they had to stick to the ridiculous "passport" design.

If they had put that square screen into an enlarged Q10 body + keyboard with passport specs, it would have flown off the shelves...

Expect next device is a derivative of the Classic. Or a Slider. "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory". A continuing theme at BlackBerry alas.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:07 PM
    Yup, they could have used the Q10 and previous devices as a guide. But, on no, they had to stick to the ridiculous "passport" design.

If they had put that square screen into an enlarged Q10 body + keyboard with passport specs, it would have flown off the shelves...

Expect next device is a derivative of the Classic. Or a Slider. "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory". A continuing theme at BlackBerry alas.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I personally don't mind with the "passport" design. Just wish the chin part to be longer/higher for my typing experience, is all. Even by taking up a bit of the screen. I type a LOT, and that chin extension--like the round version from AT&T, really matters.
    05-04-15 02:23 PM
    Give the overall shape a diet, my biggest gripe is I had difficulty comfortably placing phone
    in my front pocket and no I don't wear skinny jeans. More app friendliness would be appreciated,
    ie: my bank no longer provides an app for BBP.
    05-04-15 02:38 PM
    The most logical place to take the PassPort IMO, is full touchscreen on a separate model.
    05-04-15 05:05 PM
    Well, I personally don't mind with the "passport" design. Just wish the chin part to be longer/higher for my typing experience, is all. Even by taking up a bit of the screen. I type a LOT, and that chin extension--like the round version from AT&T, really matters.
    That is exactly what is wrong with the design

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:12 PM
    Not as wide model...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:09 PM
    Just want better specs, removable battery, 14nm.

keep screen res, battery same.

f trackpad on 10.3.2.5 can even pinch to zoom from keyboard.

I like dimensions as they are, even weifht and feel. Just eant removable battery, or for battery replacement for current passport.

And NO ROUNDED CORNERS SQUARE FOR LIFE!
    hlg8888 likes this.
    05-04-15 06:19 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes number one need... so keyboard sits higher up offering a better typing experience....

Looks like they incorporated that in PD Passport.. and it's the biggest improvement I can think of...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:55 PM
    Here's what I would do, after using both the unlocked & AT&T (settled with AT&T even though original looks much better):

• Maintain ibeam construction, it's just sexy
    • Maintain overall dimensions of OG passport
    • Give all colors textured grippability of OG
    • Have frame slightly lip above screen like AT&T
    • Smaller top bezel, allowing screen to shift upward and more room for same size bottom chin as AT&T
    • If other bezels can be diminished, make divice device smaller
    • Wireless charging
    • Latest snapdragon chip with 4GB RAM
    • Always listening BlackBerry Assistant
    • Wacom digitizer layer
    • Android lollipop runtime with root and all google services
    05-04-15 07:01 PM
    Hmm, I see some of you are on this,...cool! Note, I doubt if the entire Keyboard can be a Trackpad. It probably would be best if a given Key(s) was/were assigned for Trackpad only duties,...say, T and Y for independent Trackpad duties. The question would be when will it be Trackpad,...and when will it be the appropriate Character key?

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that be a super small trackpad?
    05-04-15 07:07 PM
102 123 ...