Update on my Passport-

To recap, my Passport had been working flawlessly for the c 6weeks that I had it. I was the company's best salesman as I loved the device.

The battery completely discharged (for the first time) on the way home from the airport. I plugged it into the charger, and when it came back on, it had display issue (pictures below). I've had no prior issues.

I have had it in the factory protective case, and have never dropped it, got it wet, etc (I know, everyone says that....)

Here is what my phone store just told me (below). I just expained my situation to them, and they are following up with BBRY. Given the perfect condition of the phone, I'm unfortunately done with BBRY if that is their stance. Sad, as the Passport really got me excited for the first time in a long time about BBRY. (so much so that I bought some stock).

Is this a common problem?

>>>Morning
    Unfortunately the screen fault on your phone has been caused by impact damage. We are looking in to getting it repaired and will get back to you as soon as we know the cost involved.<<<
    Attached Thumbnails When I turn on my phone why am I just getting different screen colors on the display?-img_1542.jpg   When I turn on my phone why am I just getting different screen colors on the display?-img_1545.jpg   When I turn on my phone why am I just getting different screen colors on the display?-img_1546.jpg  
    12-11-14 06:07 PM
    First time I've ever seen it on a passport, but I have seen identical artifacts on other phones that have been dropped.

They are understandable in their assessment - usually offset/corrupt pixels in an LCD display is due to shock. Even if you have never dropped it yourself, I can see why they made that assessment. I would take pictures of all four sides and corners of the case, and all four sides and corners of the device, and reiterate that it has never been dropped and see if it helps your case any.

Sorry to hear.
    bakercdb likes this.
    12-11-14 06:27 PM
    Please let me know

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:46 PM