Interested to see what those of you (who are likely far more savvy than I) do when you want to put down the daily driver and swap to another phone.

Say you don't want to take your Passport on horseback or risk your "baby" when kayaking, etc.

Any best practices? I know that SMS messages can get 4osed up when moving between devices because only the then-local messages will stay with the phone on which they were received...

Etc., etc.

I love to learn new, more-efficient ways to do all things BlackBerry!

Please share!

String
    03-17-17 07:02 PM
    I take my SIM out - Put in new phone
    I take my SD card out - Put in new phone

Yep, that's about it.
    00stryder likes this.
    03-17-17 08:55 PM
    Bla1ze,
    I had to write all that down! Thanks! Lol

So, it's possible to have a sim in 2 phones in one day. I suppose the idea of having a way to keep a continuum of messages is not feasible... two messages from this person in the morning on phone A... messages through the day from same person on phone B... sim and SD card back into phone A... and a message-gap would become evident...

Perhaps I'm overthinking it. Or, everyone who does the sim-swap just deals with having hinked-up messages... mostly sms/mms...

Thanks for adding my punctuation. 👍
    03-17-17 09:12 PM
    Bla1ze,
    I had to write all that down! Thanks! Lol

So, it's possible to have a sim in 2 phones in one day. I suppose the idea of having a way to keep a continuum of messages is not feasible... two messages from this person in the morning on phone A... messages through the day from same person on phone B... sim and SD card back into phone A... and a message-gap would become evident...

Perhaps I'm overthinking it. Or, everyone who does the sim-swap just deals with having hinked-up messages... mostly sms/mms...

Thanks for adding my punctuation. 👍
    I recall Tmo have program one number for up to 5 devices but yeah the sms message history not transferable, stay on your avtive device I think
    03-17-17 09:43 PM
    03-17-17 09:47 PM
    I put my sim into multiple phones every day. Usually different os's though. But yeah, I don't transfer anything over. I always prefer to start fresh. Yeah it's a pain and takes some time but avoids bugs and issues.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    03-17-17 09:51 PM
    What happens when you move the SD card from a passport say to a priv, does the sim card get new directories added? Or is it untouched? Will an android app right new directory? Does data integrity get munched? Have both phones but to scared to try

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 11:41 AM
    What happens when you move the SD card from a passport say to a priv, does the sim card get new directories added? Or is it untouched? Will an android app right new directory? Does data integrity get munched? Have both phones but to scared to try

Posted via CB10
    If by sim card you actually mean the sd card then...

Yes the sd-card gets new directories added by the new OS, but it does not delete the old ones or mess with existing data by itself, it might merge folders it's trying to create if there are existing ones.
    it will probably be a pain to keep track which OS uses which file-tree and when they both use one through.
    03-18-17 02:14 PM
    1. Spend vast swathes of time choosing new phone, primary considerations being battery life and audio quality
    2. Order new phone
    3. Await arrival of new phone
    4. Eagerly open up new phone
    5. Play around with it for a few hours
    6. Discover that new phone's audio quality is atrocious and battery life is a joke compared to Passport
    7. Return new phone and stick with Passport

That's my usual routine.

Posted via CB10
    nhatanh181 likes this.
    03-19-17 03:04 AM
    1. Change the sim card from q10 to passport after work.
    2. Whatsapp activation

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 03:57 AM