It looks like device connections which I'm not sure what that's really for. Another 10.3 feature that I don't need?
    I know I turned it off but the symbol remains.
    Any ideas and also why I need this?
    What's this symbol?-img_20170215_075519_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 06:57 AM
    It means BlackBerry Blend is enabled on your device and connected to your PC.

This only shows up once you've established a connection. It's not something you do by accident, so you must have set it up at some point.

Go the BlackBerry Blend app and turn it off there if you're not using it.

Joel
    02-15-17 07:04 AM
    ^agree with this^. Blend is connected. In your other post you said you turn it off when not in use so I guess you have never notice it before.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 08:09 AM
    You should try it. Maybe you'll be able to utilize it well especially if you work most of the time on your computer.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 08:13 AM
    Well since it's been off as someone said it interfered with texting, I don't get it. Why is it still there? Now get this..i turn blend on and the symbol goes away. *sigh.*

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 09:06 AM
    Well since it's been off as someone said it interfered with texting, I don't get it. Why is it still there? Now get this..i turn blend on and the symbol goes away. *sigh.*

Posted via CB10
    You most definitely have a corrupt OS. Security Wipe, fresh autoloader. Start there and see what happens. Don't install any Apps or you Back up.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 12:55 PM
    But I need the contacts mail and the few apps I do use. . so what do I do?
    02-15-17 02:45 PM
    But I need the contacts mail and the few apps I do use. . so what do I do?
    Understand. But at this point you need to find our what going on. If it's the OS or you Back up or an App. So start with a clean Install and go from there.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 03:13 PM
    I was thinking that I have a clean unlocked backup passport I bought on Ebay. If I fire that up and upgrade to 2205 then install the backup -- that would be telling, right?
    02-15-17 03:23 PM
    I was thinking that I have a clean unlocked backup passport I bought on Ebay. If I fire that up and upgrade to 2205 then install the backup -- that would be telling, right?
    Just install the back up on that one first and see what happens.
    02-15-17 05:13 PM
    Make sure that it's not just an issue with the Blend icon. In the past I had it happen a couple times where I was using blend and I took my phone to another location without disconnecting first and then later when I shut blend off the icon remained. After reconnecting later and then properly shutting down the connection with blend on my computer I was able to turn off on my phone and the icon disappears.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 06:17 PM
    Make sure that it's not just an issue with the Blend icon. In the past I had it happen a couple times where I was using blend and I took my phone to another location without disconnecting first and then later when I shut blend off the icon remained. After reconnecting later and then properly shutting down the connection with blend on my computer I was able to turn off on my phone and the icon disappears.

Posted via CB10
    This is the most correct answer. Don't wipe your phone. Establish the connection on your desktop and properly disconnect your device. The icon will be gone after you toggle it. I've had this several times while using multiple devices to connect to Blend. Don't wipe your phone until you've tried this.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 06:21 PM
    This is the most correct answer. Don't wipe your phone. Establish the connection on your desktop and properly disconnect your device. The icon will be gone after you toggle it. I've had this several times while using multiple devices to connect to Blend. Don't wipe your phone until you've tried this.

Posted via CB10
    Ops is having other issues that he has posted in another thread, this is just one of them.
    02-15-17 07:44 PM
    Ops is having other issues that he has posted in another thread, this is just one of them.
    Ah, ok. Makes more sense now.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 03:24 AM
    Ur blackberry blen is enabled u can shut it down from the quick settings

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 04:26 AM