This might still be a bit far fetched.. but any idea what's after Passport? Would BlackBerry be continuing this series?

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    04-26-15 08:48 PM
    I sure hope the Passport continues, my wife has the white one and I carry the black version. For BlackBerry this is an amazing device and to see it enhanced or optimized or "beefed up (spec wise)" is always a plus. To add to or upgrade this flagship device gives us who own the current Passport something to look forward to!
    Last edited by dirtyberry75; 04-26-15 at 09:18 PM.
    04-26-15 09:06 PM
    Chen already confirmed that they are working on a successor to the passport. On top of that we know BlackBerry is working on two new versions of the existing passport. Those being the Porsche design model and the Olso.

Sent from my Passport
    04-26-15 09:09 PM
    If BlackBerry will not or no longer be profitable as 'hardware business', the Passport maybe the last of its kind that we are going to see...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 10:06 PM
    Bring me a 4 row passport. This my only complaint

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-26-15 10:30 PM
    Bring me a 4 row passport. This my only complaint

Posted via CB10
    I don't mind 3 rows. I rarely use the top virtual keys.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 11:03 PM
    I am leaning toward Slider version, with bigger / higher res screen and physical, touch-enabled keyboard of Passport.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    Bor Navas likes this.
    04-26-15 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    04-26-15 11:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    You must have used them at least twice in that reply!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-26-15 11:58 PM
    Haha, I mean like opening up the entire top keys for other symbols and numbers. The common symbols on the virtual row is fine. For 'period' I used double space.

04-27-15 12:01 AM

How do you figure? Double space for periods and double swipe down for keyboard mapping.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:02 AM

Once, really. The 3.
    04-27-15 12:03 AM
    Once, really. The 3.
    That's what I thought too until I remembered the keyboard mapping. Really comes in handy if you can train yourself to use it.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:06 AM
    After Passport...hmmmm...Visa, Student Visa, Work Visa, Green Card? Introducing the all new BlackBerry Visa!

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    04-27-15 12:21 AM
    After Passport...hmmmm...Visa, Student Visa, Work Visa, Green Card? Introducing the all new BlackBerry Visa!

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    One 'Fugitive' Special Edition, please. :-)

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    04-27-15 12:46 AM
    The Passport timeless design..please do not change. This is the best design ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:55 AM
    Next thing for passport would be an os update allowing users to make more use of the track pad features of the keyboard. Maybe a pointer in the browser. Or maybe the next passport should have a track bad so it can be easier to use with one hand.

Posted via International Passport
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-27-15 03:24 AM
    Really needs an ability to run android apps from the microSD card...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:21 AM
    I'll just repeat what I said in another thread yesterday: Just refine the concept, by switching to AMOLED, so that the screen can extend all the way to the edges (2 extra mm in every direction), and behind the keyboard, enabling dynamic glyphs on the physical keyboard and thereby eliminating the need for the virtual one. (also providing better image quality and power draw, but why stop there? )
    04-27-15 04:38 AM
    If BlackBerry will not or no longer be profitable as 'hardware business', the Passport maybe the last of its kind that we are going to see...

Posted via CB10
    The people have been saying this for about three years now, and it simply isn't true.

John Chen said they are doing a Classic and Passport successor, and there's also the Oslo and Keian codename device, based off the Passport.

If BlackBerry was looking to get out of hardware, they wouldn't have said all this or shown off the slider in black and white at Mobile World Congress back in March.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:52 AM
    Well I know I'm buying another one if the one I have will reach the end of its life. I just love how it looks. Perhaps I'll get the Porsche Design version or whatever strikes me as interesting.
    I'm seriously considering a white Classic (as a second phone), but I'll wait till fall for a price drop.
    04-27-15 05:17 AM
    The people have been saying this for about three years now, and it simply isn't true.

John Chen said they are doing a Classic and Passport successor, and there's also the Oslo and Keian codename device, based off the Passport.

If BlackBerry was looking to get out of hardware, they wouldn't have said all this or shown off the slider in black and white at Mobile World Congress back in March.

Posted via CB10
    A wounded soldier will not die instantly if his wound is not that critical. But if that wound is not properly treated, he may loss a of blood or dies with infection.

The question now, is BlackBerry already recovered from their loss? Or they are still bleeding with money?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:47 AM
    What about a passport slider? How do you think that will look/work?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:37 PM
    I would love to get the next-generation Passport when it will be available.
    It would be very uncomfortable for me switching back to the regular slab form factor.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-27-15 01:38 PM
    That's what I thought too until I remembered the keyboard mapping. Really comes in handy if you can train yourself to use it.

Posted via CB10

Please explain the above. I have read the term 'keyboard mapping", but don't understand what it is. Thanks!
    04-27-15 02:04 PM
43 12