Got into a BlackBerry z10 about month ago from I phones left due to work from being a BlackBerry, used one from scroll wheel days and lived them even all the battery pulls. Well maybe not those.

Anyway back in love again got the z 10 for nothing so no loss if I didn't like it but looking at passport now how is it the screen in direct sun light? Just got back from Mexico and forgot how BlackBerrys are very useful in bright light unlike my iPhone which was terrible.

Also I know what really will be gained for me if I move to the passport from the z beside the usual answers?

I know I know battery life, speed, but software looks the same call quality? Maybe? I use the phone for work real phone calls, emails, texts, printing, faxs, expense reports, data logging etc.
    I'm Just spit balling I guess this z even being old is pretty damn impressive. What was I thinking ugh I phone hated it so.

Thanks just thinking out loud as my wife could careless with my dilemma lol she enjoys her iPhone plus yawn.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:11 AM
    I don't have a Passport but some of the owners will chime in soon and tell you what I have heard....they all LOVE it!
    They say once you try Passport you won't ever go back to a Z10 or even a Z30....
    02-18-15 12:25 PM
    I am enamored with my Z30 (best touch device I have ever used) but my Passport arrives this afternoon. I will be noting my thoughts in a few weeks after I have adapted to the hybrid PKB and innovative features of the Passport. *If you are a dedicated all touch person the Z30 is a phenomenal workhorse and value. (and perfect all touch size) The Passport is going to have to blow me away to replace my Z30 as my daily device. (and I hope it does)

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    02-18-15 12:43 PM
    I would have happily stayed with my Z10 if the battery lasted more than 14 hours. If you're not that type of user, you'll likely be fine with the Z.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-18-15 01:28 PM
    The Passport is a weird little (well.. not so little) device.

I wasn't big on the square shape or three row keyboard at first, but I bought one (then another, red one) anyways, and now I can't imagine using anything else. It's almost... beyond a phone but not quite a tablet, like it's own type of product. The screen is super bright, the battery life is tons better than the Z10 (I got one when it came out), and the keyboard is like something from the future. It has totally changed the game in terms of typing on a phone for me, though the keyboard took a couple weeks to really get used to, especially after using a Z30 and Q10 right before I got my Passport. The word flicking thing I loved on my Z10 and Z30 is even more useful and "fun" on the Passport, probably because there are real keys so you know you for sure flicked.

Also, the feel of the Passport is much nicer. The Z10 kind of reminds me of a sports car or something, while the Passport is like a huge limo or yacht. The Z10 felt nice to hold, but it was very light. The Passport is heavier but the stainless steel sides, frets and back strip make it stand out. The Z10 is indistinguishable from pretty much all other touch screen phones, but the Passport will have people asking what type of phone it is. The Passport gives you more room to "spread out," I compare it to flying first class vs. economy. The Passport is first class. The big screen makes things easier to read and see, while the big keyboard means your hands aren't cramped.

I love the Passport, it is a masterpiece that showed me that BlackBerry still can make something that makes me (and others) go "wow."
    02-18-15 01:54 PM
    I had a Z10 at one time but the Passport is just so much more. Yes the software is the same but the hardware is not. The Passport is so much faster in all things and the keyboard is great. Coming from the Z10 you will be used to the flicking of words which you can still do on the Passport. It takes a couple days to get used to the size but I don't find it too large at all.

I have been impressed with the battery life and really the screen. I can easily see it outdoors without the brightness turned up all the way. The build quality of the phone is excellent all around. Call quality is great and I use the phone for business myself. I haven't found another device that does texting email and social as well as the Passport. I love mine and highly recommend it to others.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:05 PM
    Both the Passport and Z30 use the Paratek antenna system, often giving superior reception compared to other BB10 devices (or most other smartphones too).

Passport is first BB10 device to use an OIS camera. (Optical Image Stabilization)
    micher likes this.
    02-18-15 02:26 PM
    Thanks guys I read all your replies and appreciate the answers. I forgot to include. I purchased 6 stock batteries and the secondary charger, and also two Chinese 4500 (3500) batteries and make it for my 0600 till 2330 days.

Even this flick keyboard is so much better than that toy I phone I don't sound like such a fool anymore without proof reading.

I'm on this thing a absolute ton I'd be considered a very heavy user have 30 GB AT&T plan and use most of it ever month. Not watching videos either well not much shhh. Lol.

Once again thanks for the responses.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:20 PM