Pardon my ignorance, I have read about VPN but still in the dark about it. Would it be useful to the ordinary person in the street? Could I use it for my family for secure connections? Transferring pics and files? Please don't shout at me, I am new to vpn's and the like.

Posted via my White Passport!
    06-03-15 09:14 AM
    Yes you can use it and there are beneficial services out there. It's good when your not on a private network it helps secure your information while let's say Starbucks WiFi. Limits people's ability to sniff your traffic as your information is encrypted.

There are good apps out there and services that you can use for your laptops and you pay for the fee to connect. Since these use apps sometimes they (the app) doesn't work on a BlackBerry device, as BlackBerry doesn't allow apps to have access to network settings like that.

There are services if forgot the name but people will probably recommend it here that has the manual information to input into your BlackBerry and will allow you to connect to their service. And have simple applications for your other devices.

The other way is to create your own von by using a raspberry pi and what not and hooking it up to your own network. This is probably the beat as you aren't handing information to another company. But there are so many different options so I understand why you are confused.

Dam have to do a restart I'll get more information ok after my device restart

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:24 AM