I have been dealing with a ridiculous run around with Bell Canada with trying to get a Blackberry Passport. I cancelled my line with them months ago and paid the early cancellation fee. I went with Wind and found cell service deteriorating in my area (Hamilton) over the past few months. Anytime I make a call, no one can hear me. I have switched numbers, even switched phones. Wind cannot troubleshoot it, so it was going to be "Back to Bell" I go.

Ordered a new line and a passport online on December 24th. I do realize there are delays in timing based on the holiday season we are in, but bear in mind, had I not had to work Christmas Eve, I would have gone in store and had the line and phone on the spot.....so the ensuing story seems to be a bit of a shenanigans. I was given by the rep what my new number would be and that it would be considered active and added to my account within 12 hours. December 29th, said number is still not active and unable to add it to MyBell Online. Speak to a rep online who states it is just processing and for me to phone the warehouse. Warehouse rep tells me it is processing and to wait until the end of Monday and I should get the email with tracking info. December 31st, get told by a different rep to just wait for the phone to show up but cannot answer why I have not received confirmation yet. Gets mad and we get disconnected. I call back and get told to just wait until after New Years. This brings us to today......get frustrated waiting on this non-existent line and call Bell to cancel both the order and line and told by the rep that no line is in place, the number given to me does not exist and she sees no order tied to that number whatsoever....so in an essence, the order never really took place.

So here I am, at my house......waiting on meeting someone on kijiji selling one BNIB. So frustrating. I think as soon as my FIBE TV commitment is done, I am done with Bell permanently. All I wanted was a Passport and decent service. I guess that was too much to ask. Yet, all this time I keep getting congratulated on being a loyal Bell customer. Good Grief!
    01-03-15 10:04 AM
    Sounds like a nightmare! I would drop them too!
    Good luck in getting your Passport. At least you have the opportunity to buy and use one. Some of us don't.
    01-03-15 10:09 AM
    You are within the timeline to cancel all together. Bell customer service is the worse of all three companies!

I'd go to Rogers and get it in store with new activation! Remember thier are always in-store dealer incentives for new customers activating new service!

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 10:09 AM
    Yeah that's the ridiculous part. My calling today was to cancel the order and the line as I am so turned off by the lack of professionalism and the run around. My trying to cancel was me being told by the rep that she can't cancel something that is not in her system as the number given to me shows up as invalid. She said that without a confirmation email it is likely to not be shipped. So I said, but what if it is shipped?? They screwed up creating the account to begin with. I don't want my name tied to a line that was "supposedly" never activated. She stated that by her computer it doesn't exist and in worst case if it does show up, just send it back and I cannot be charged for anything. I was being a ***** when I said, "Yeah except for shipping on my dime?!"...lol
    01-03-15 10:16 AM
    At least with going to a company with the phone already in hand, I an't be tied to a contract. Maybe I will go with Koodo? Does anyone have any experience with monthly on Koodo?
    01-03-15 10:18 AM
    Make sure you test the device before the deal is done.

I had 2 Passports that had problems with the light sensor. Cover the light sensor to the left of the BlackBerry logo. The screen should go dim and not extra bright.

And of course, physically check the device!

Good luck! You will love the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 10:21 AM
    At least with going to a company with the phone already in hand, I an't be tied to a contract. Maybe I will go with Koodo? Does anyone have any experience with monthly on Koodo?
    I have Koodo as a backup line and the customer service is mostly a self serve online experiece. Koodo is owned by Telus so whatever the Telus service is like in Hamilton you'll get the same with Koodo.

Personally, my wife has been on it for years and it's been great, except unlike Telus they don't the new BlackBerry phones as part of their upgrade system. Data and phone is the same as my fido line.

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 11:15 AM
    Device tested and all working fine. I am now a happy Passport owner! YAY. I also love that I preordered a Stilgut leather case that fits it perfectly and a 128gb micro sdhc card
    01-03-15 11:28 AM
    I'm a fan of rogers, they've been good to me, I have a good plan and a passport lol, great service in the areas I travel the $5 roam in the states plan is cheap and decent option. The customer service is pretty good or at least for me. I recommend rogers to most people. And no I don't work for them lol

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-03-15 11:47 AM
    I'm in the Hamilton area and on Telus. I've been with them since 2003. Never an issue with billing or customer service. As long as this continues, I don't think I'll ever switch. I had Bell at one point or another for just about everything. If it wasn't for the fact they own the neworl lines and such, I'm 100% positive they'd be out of business by now.

Enjoy your new passport. As far as phones go, I don't think I could have picked a better fit for me. This thing is awesome, and does everything I need and way more.

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 and rick0415 like this.
    01-03-15 12:23 PM
    Device tested and all working fine. I am now a happy Passport owner! YAY. I also love that I preordered a Stilgut leather case that fits it perfectly and a 128gb micro sdhc card
    So are you with Bell or with another carrier now?

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 12:23 PM
    Wherever you go, make sure that they give you a discount on your bill. If you sign up on a month to month contract, most carriers will be able to take the subsidy price off of your bill. This usually means a 10% discount per month. Just make sure to ask. Not everyone does this so they won't give it to you automatically. You have to say "Hey, since I purchased my phone outright and you guys aren't subsidizing the cost of it, will that affect my bill?" And that should get you a cheaper plan at any of the carriers that would have signed you up for a 2 year term otherwise.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-03-15 12:31 PM
    I believe Kudos runs on TELUS network!

I'm use to work at Rogers and yes these issues with Bell is quite common I'm afraid BUT do not forget when you speak with any reps on the phone with bell get thier name and doumentation#. If an issue arises if you have not documented, you may be up in flames. If they cannot trace, which is hogwash btw. They just didn't want to deal with your problem created by another rep as I hate to say this but is true.

Escalate to a manager and have them deal with your case as opposed to many reps which WILL not take resaponsiblity for anther reps screw up.

Like I said go to ROGERS best coverage,highest data speed, and better CS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 01-04-15 at 03:21 AM.
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 12:37 PM
    I got mine thru Bell, and a "corporate share plan" got the Passport within weeks of release thanks to the "corporate share provider" ...but I can understand your frustration, no Bell stores in my area even display the Passport, let alone carry it... You can touch a "dummy" Passport @ Telus & Best Buy...and local best Buy said they had a cabinet full of them, but since they are all iphone/Android junkies they don't even pull the product out or offer it to customers...WTF? I had to call Bell once for some tech help & the rep was shocked I had a Passport, he hadn't seen one himself ore even knew Bell was carrying it!
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 12:51 PM
    I'm on Virgin mobile, my hubby is on Bell. He hates bell with a passion and is in the process of paying out Bell and going back to VMC. I have not one complaint about Virgin even though they're owned by Bell, they are so much better. The only thing is they don't have passports for sale (I bought mine from shopblackberry)

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 01:18 PM
    I'm on Virgin mobile, my hubby is on Bell. He hates bell with a passion and is in the process of paying out Bell and going back to VMC. I have not one complaint about Virgin even though they're owned by Bell, they are so much better. The only thing is they don't have passports for sale (I bought mine from shopblackberry)

Posted via CB10
    Also with Virgin here... no complaints other than the lack of BlackBerry products. However, they've been quite good to me. I've been with them about 5 years. Not much BS from them. One of the few 'big' companies that still seem to hold good customer service as one of their values.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 01:39 PM
    No, I won't go with Bell....about to head out to the mall now and see which plan I will end up on. I am reluctant to deal with Rogers as I had an incident with them years ago where each monthly bill was almost 2x the amount of the previous bill. They couldn't properly justify the charges so I got rid of them. Considering the Koodo unlimited calling and 5gb of data for $94
    01-03-15 01:48 PM
    Go to Telus, they're much better than Koodo even though it's really the same company. If you already have the phone, you can get an unlimited talk+text plan for $40/month, and 4GB of data for $45. Should be plenty, I've never exceeded 2.5GB even though I run my tablet on the hotspot for a couple of hours every day.

I used to be with Rogers, but I paid a penalty to leave early because they kept charging me for services I didn't use, and no amount of arguing and escalation made any difference. I've been with Telus since early 2011, and never an unpleasant interaction. They've repaired my phones on warranty, including my double typing Q10, with loaner phones for the 2-3 weeks that my phones were absent. They've also deleted a $120 data surcharge when I downloaded a movie on my bridged PlayBook and the connection kept dropping out. And they've never questioned or made fun of my choice of BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-03-15 03:15 PM
    Telus $150 on 2 year term. I've been with them for over a year and I am very happy with their service (reception, customer service and freebies even small things like a free calendar).

BlackBerry� Passport | Smartphones | Mobility | TELUS.com

Or you can buy one at full price SIM unlocked from BlackBerry directly.
    01-03-15 03:19 PM
    If you have your own hardware it is best to go with Koodo because they give you 10% discount for bring your own device promo. Koodo is a discounted phone company by Telus. You get the same roaming agreement between Bell and Telus so therefore, Koodo coverage is the same as as Bell.

bungaboy and Gadgetgirl38 like this.
    01-03-15 04:34 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I already had the phone...so I went with Koodo and got unlimited Canada-wide, calls, text, voicemail, call display and 5 gbs of data and 10% monthly discount for bringing my own phone. So $84/month all in.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-15 04:40 PM
    Go to Telus, they're much better than Koodo even though it's really the same company. If you already have the phone, you can get an unlimited talk+text plan for $40/month, and 4GB of data for $45. Should be plenty, I've never exceeded 2.5GB even though I run my tablet on the hotspot for a couple of hours every day.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Al, how do you able to get 4gb of data with unlimited talk from Telus? Is there any tip for me to negotiate with Telus? I had went through with them at least 3 contracts and can get them giving me 6 gb of data with unlimited talk for $65. Would someone here show me the way, is this possible? Thanks guy.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:47 PM
    Sweet deal! The lady got her passport everyone.
    Thanks for the advice. I already had the phone...so I went with Koodo and got unlimited Canada-wide, calls, text, voicemail, call display and 5 gbs of data and 10% monthly discount for bringing my own phone. So $84/month all in.
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 04:48 PM
    Then, by all accounts, you've had a very good day. Congrats and enjoy!
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    01-03-15 04:50 PM
    Absolutely! Best day of 2015 so far!
    habs_fan and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-03-15 05:02 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD