Hello everyone I am new here and need some help. I just bought a Passport from EBay and am preparing for what I need to do to make the switch. I currently have an IPhone 6 Plus with AT&T hence the reason why I am selling it. I don't understand why iPhones are so popular I think they are hugely over rated.

With that said what do I need to do to switch? Do I just swap the sim card and everything is good? I appreciate any help, and look forward to spending more time here at this site now that I will have a real phone.
    Montmartre likes this.
    12-27-15 04:37 PM
    Download Device Switch from BlackBerry World.
    http://www.deviceswitch.com/

Then do the same on your iOS device. Follow the instructions in the app.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813 | Bell | via CB10
    southlander and Montmartre like this.
    12-27-15 05:09 PM
    Awesome thanks
    12-27-15 05:16 PM
    What about the service part is that the sim card?
    12-27-15 06:15 PM
    What about the service part is that the sim card?
    Yes. The Sim links your phone number/service to the device. You can move it back and forth.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-27-15 06:23 PM
    I appreciate all the help. So excited to be done with iphone
    southlander likes this.
    12-27-15 08:37 PM
    You need to make sure the Passport uses the same sized Sim. There are different sizes. My Passport has a nano sim I think. Any newer iPhone likely uses the same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 12:38 AM
    Don't forget to deregister iMessage before you swap SIM cards.

Or does Apple have that sorted yet?

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and southlander like this.
    12-28-15 10:38 AM
    I am not sure. I know when I sold my wife's iPhone awhile back I had to delete it from the cloud or something like that. Not sure if that takes care of it all.
    12-28-15 01:05 PM
    Enjoy spending time with your loved ones because you'll be spending less time with your phone!

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-28-15 04:29 PM
    Don't forget to deregister iMessage before you swap SIM cards.

Or does Apple have that sorted yet?

Posted via CB10
    You have go to a website to get 100% deregistered.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-28-15 04:38 PM
    Genti why is that? That's what I want just curious why you say that
    12-28-15 05:40 PM
    Genti why is that? That's what I want just curious why you say that
    From experience, iphones are like toys, there's always smth to do with it, games, social media, checking your pulse, whatever else. You end up having it on hand all the time and playing once in a while.
    Not that you cant do most of them with the passport but there's smth about BB10 that makes it focused around communication and you pick the phone mostly when you really need smth, being it checking a mail, writing a message or searching smth in the web.
    So now with the BB10 I keep the phone away... never did that with the iphone

kertong likes this.
    12-29-15 04:21 AM
    So now with the BB10 I keep the phone away... never did that with the iphone

this is actually one of the reasons I was drawn to the bb passport - I was always checking my ios/android phones and it was a distraction - i'd pick it up out of habit without even having a reason to check it.

now, the 'app gap' people complain about on bb is actually something I see as a plus. and unlike android/ios phones, my apps aren't constantly spamming my notification areas with nags and upsells. the hub is all I need! I scan through it, mark read or file a few messages, maybe reply here or there.. then I put it down. no launching through 3-5 different apps flicking notification refreshes compulsively and hopping around.

but, at the same time... I love the design and look of my passport SE so much I find myself fondling and admiring it non stop... so ymmv!

Blackberry Passport SE (primary), Blackberry Priv, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    12-29-15 04:29 AM
    this is actually one of the reasons I was drawn to the bb passport - I was always checking my ios/android phones and it was a distraction - i'd pick it up out of habit without even having a reason to check it.

Blackberry Passport SE (primary), Blackberry Priv, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    EXACTLY! Such a waste

12-29-15 05:09 AM
    From experience, iphones are like toys, there's always smth to do with it, games, social media, checking your pulse, whatever else.

LOLzzzzz

Why? To make sure you're still alive after being in a mind-numbing, indefinite zombie state of non-stop Snapchatting and Flapping the Bird or whatever the heck these darn kids are into these days?
    12-29-15 06:26 AM
    Thanks guys that makes me even happier about the passport. I hate that I am constantly looking at the iPhone for no reason. I want the passport for exactly the reasons you mentioned.
    12-29-15 09:56 AM