I am a Z10 owner, and owned a 9900 before, so I am sure the whole physical keyboard thing I could get on with, even though I love the virtual on my z10.
    My issues are that I would be hesitant about changing to a passport, one- my z10 has performed and is performing so flawlessly I couldn't justify the cost .

My other thought is I have always used Seido combo cases on all my BlackBerry's as I wear my phones horizontally on my waist and can answer calls "gunslinger " style it is so convenient.

I am curious as to how a new seido combo case for the passport would look on my waist? And whether it would look stupid and would it work? I saw a galaxy note 2? Clipped to a person's waist and it looked ridiculous and I wondered if when they sat
    down it would break it in half?

I am a big guy 6-3" so maybe it could work? That when I twisted the case sideways, I could still sit without it gouging a groove in either the top of my thigh or in my stomach?

I know with my z10, it's been an issue answering a call from a sitting position with certain types of clothing I am wearing and am just musing, I would hate having to use my pocket to keep my phone??? Mmm

Thoughts and comments welcome,

Regards David

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    08-27-14 08:08 AM
    I am a Z10 owner, and owned a 9900 before, so I am sure the whole physical keyboard thing I could get on with, even though I love the virtual on my z10.
    My issues are that I would be hesitant about changing to a passport, one- my z10 has performed and is performing so flawlessly I couldn't justify the cost .

My other thought is I have always used Seido combo cases on all my BlackBerry's as I wear my phones horizontally on my waist and can answer calls "gunslinger " style it is so convenient.

I am curious as to how a new seido combo case for the passport would look on my waist? And whether it would look stupid and would it work? I saw a galaxy note 2? Clipped to a person's waist and it looked ridiculous and I wondered if when they sat
    down it would break it in half?

I am a big guy 6-3" so maybe it could work? That when I twisted the case sideways, I could still sit without it gouging a groove in either the top of my thigh or in my stomach?

I know with my z10, it's been an issue answering a call from a sitting position with certain types of clothing I am wearing and am just musing, I would hate having to use my pocket to keep my phone??? Mmm

Thoughts and comments welcome,

Regards David

im sorry to disappoint you but all cases you put on your waist looks extremely silly. like wearing socks and sandals
    illlya, rambo47, Cracklen and 1 others like this.
    08-27-14 10:33 AM
    im sorry to disappoint you but all cases you put on your waist looks extremely silly. like wearing socks and sandals
    Mmmm you haven't disappointed me, I live in Jamaica so often times my shirt is untucked and covers the phone.....if it's in a pocket, I often won't hear or feel it (cargo pants) and without the ability to clip it to my waist I am more apt to leave it on a table or forget it, the clip is a reminder - I touch my waist as a check.
    I have never lost a phone and it has never fallen out of my pocket , fallen into a toilet, been misplaced or forgotten (use phone clip back in holder) and I have also pretty much never missed a call.

My wife who has a Q10 AND a S3, is often hell to get a hold of as she doesn't hear it, why?

A) my phone was in my bag
    B) I don't have pockets in my dress/skirt/jeans/ pants
    C) I left my phone on my desk
    D) I left it upstairs

Each to their own, I guess

And yes socks and sandals 100% agree with you.....ugh

Regards David

dbiv5445 likes this.
    08-27-14 10:52 AM
    Damn.j guess I'll just look silly since I use my z30 OEM holster every now and then.....I hope I'm not judged by my peers just because I use a holster. Such is the life that we live in.....oh well......

Posted via CB10 with my z30
    08-27-14 11:13 AM
    I think there is a place for the holster...

Just got 42 Z-30's for operations staff and at work they look fine, ready and equipped.

Was out on the weekend with one guy and he had it on...a small thin guy and there it was, stuck out like some growth that needed medical attention.

Time and place I would say is in order for rocking the o'l hostler.

Me I'm a naked guy, maybe a pouch.....never could wear the holster.
    08-28-14 04:51 AM
    I think there is a place for the holster...
    That place was 2005.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    08-28-14 04:23 PM
    "..thought is I have always used Seido combo cases on all my BlackBerry's as I wear my phones horizontally on my waist and can answer calls "gunslinger " style it is so convenient....."

Shoulder holster !?

Actually something popped on a google.ca search ....
    My Apple Newton: Shoulder Holsters: for the armed and dangerous Newton
    08-28-14 04:43 PM
    "...I hope I'm not judged by my peers just because I use a holster. Such is the life that we live in.....oh well...... "

No different than how primarily over 40 yrs back, peoples were judged/labelled when seen with shirt pockets laden with pens, pencils and maybe a straight edge, . . . . Then in the late 70's into 80's where some would wear their calculators off their belts utilizing the factory installed case/belt loop . . . . .
    08-28-14 04:51 PM
    Well, I don't need to keep up with the Jones's, and once again, if I'm going to be judged by a freakin' holster than I guess I don't need to give that ignorant person(s) the time of day.

Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-28-14 07:07 PM
    "...I hope I'm not judged by my peers just because I use a holster. Such is the life that we live in.....oh well...... "

No different than how primarily over 40 yrs back, peoples were judged/labelled when seen with shirt pockets laden with pens, pencils and maybe a straight edge, . . . . Then in the late 70's into 80's where some would wear their calculators off their belts utilizing the factory installed case/belt loop . . . . .
    Calculators on belt???....i missed that fashion statement.....i guess new yorkers were to cool (or too ignorant) for that....lol....

08-28-14 07:08 PM
    Shoulder holster !?

Actually something popped on a google.ca search ....
    My Apple Newton: Shoulder Holsters: for the armed and dangerous Newton
    Indeed.
    http://www.ldwest.com/

On a serious note, I still find the holster to be useful and would probably get one for the Passport because:
    1) I have a much better chance of feeling the vibrations so I don't miss messages and calls.
    2) I don't want to put the phone with my keys and my other pocket has a wallet.
    3) It allows me to see the latest message more quickly, not having to fish the phone out from the recesses of a pocket.
    4) No risk of pocket dialing.
    5) Power saving mode with the magnet (can be replicated with the magnetic pouch).

My only issue is that it really messes up the lines of a jacket, and I don't like to walk around with my jacket unbuttoned.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-28-14 10:28 PM
    "...My only issue is that it really messes up the lines of a jacket, and I don't like to walk around with my jacket unbuttoned. ..."

Acquaintance who know a good tailor, who fits suits on security personnel ?

nite.
    08-29-14 01:00 AM
    "...My only issue is that it really messes up the lines of a jacket, and I don't like to walk around with my jacket unbuttoned. ..."

Acquaintance who know a good tailor, who fits suits on security personnel ?

nite.
    Passport will be thin enough to put in a jacket breast pocket without spoiling the lines.
    08-29-14 11:44 AM