I have not had a problem with call quality on any BlackBerry phone that I had. Same is true with the Passport. I have always been on AT&T.
    BBM Video chatting with nonna last night via my niece's Q10, (I think) and even that was totally clear.

that's one thing that I always appreciated; the call quality of the BlackBerries.
    12-09-14 10:42 AM
    Amazing sound quality.

Posted via CB10
    nick57 likes this.
    12-09-14 10:55 AM
    My call quality has been excellent on the passport. Most everyone has asked me if I changed phones and tell me the call quality is better then when I was using my iPhone 6+.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-09-14 11:24 AM
    Better than the z30 and much better than samsung s5 or iphone 5

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 05:07 PM
    For the time being, I have resorted to using the native Headphones or the Speakerphone. The Call Quality is absolutely brilliant - which is why its a tragedy when it fades in/out on direct usage for a few of us! Hope it is something that can be fixed soon. I shifted to the native headphones so that I didn't have to worry about the charge remaining on the Bluetooth Headset - and the incidental advantage is that I can now access FM Radio when I want to!
    12-10-14 08:40 AM
    My partner recently upgraded from a Q10 to a Passport on the Bell network and has also experienced poor call reception with a couple of dropped calls per day (confirmed by Bell). On her ferry commute the Passport is unusable whereas her Q10 and my Z30 typically maintain connectivity. I installed Signal Tracker on her Passport which shows lower power readings (averaging 8 to 10 dBm) than my Telus Z30 (Bell and Telus share towers though admittedly the test is lacking in controls!).

Having said that, when reception is good, her Passport sounds as good as the Q10 did and considerably better than her Bold (work issued running on Telus). I am crossing my fingers that a radio software update will fix this and bluetooth connectivity issues.
    12-20-14 09:21 PM
    As said above, "The Call Quality is absolutely brilliant "
    That's enough said.
    12-20-14 09:27 PM
    The speakerphone is amazing on this thing. Regular earpiece is great too but I was spoiled by the Z30 prior to this so for me it's not a huge difference. Call quality is as good as it gets.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-14 09:57 PM
    Loud and clear. In my experience, I can see why it's a USP for the Passport. In fact, so much so, I feel there's something wrong with the device when I am using any other device.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:37 PM
    Been reading all these posts and now I realize I am not the only one with call quality issues (on the part of the person I talk to, my voice fading out abruptly for a brief period of time). So, software, hardware or network issue? I had no problems with my previous Z10 (kinda miss that phone already...). In this price range and with these specs, the Passport really shouldn't behave like that. I sometimes even feel embarased to even make a call. Should I return it? It's under a two year warranty.
    01-22-15 02:45 PM
    Call quality is awesome for me...no problems to report here

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:17 PM
    I also had call quality issues and had to get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 04:28 PM
    I love the sound when you do BlackBerry to BlackBerry voice calls. Amazing sound quality. Its like the purr of a jaguar, distinctive.

Passport. The way forward.
    01-23-15 02:26 PM
    Yes, it's getting replaced as soon as possible. The sound is awful on my partner in conversation's side. Shocked to learn that, since all my previous BlackBerries had no problem whatsoever in this field. Miss my old Z10 already. Lucky me, ha?
    01-24-15 11:02 AM
    i was soooo disappointed to find out from folks i was calling that i sounded muffled. I've had my passport almost a year and believe it to be the best smartphone ever...and I'm a phone-a-holic.

anyway you were right on..... the pinky did it!!!

Thank you
    12-15-15 08:08 PM
    no issues so far
    12-19-15 05:04 AM
    There are times that I talk to friends that have Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and 5, my brothers iPhone, and a few other phones other than Blackberry... and had HD quality. Just as if they're in the same room.
    There are times when I talked to Galaxy Note that and had very poor quality, and no it wasn't bad reception on either side and on the same Telco network... just very poor quality.

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    12-21-15 11:03 PM
    I've found it not as crystal clear as I've come to expect from BB devices. Loudness isn't great. May be the way I'm holding the phone, though.
    12-22-15 12:18 AM
    I'm on the Retail BB Passport with OS 10.3.2.2836 and call quality whether direct on device or via speaker phone is excellent. No complaints. Very gratefully. :-)
    12-22-15 12:44 AM
69 123