Hi there CrackBerry community!

I am an Android/iPhone user as of now (had an affair with BB back in the day) and the Passport is tempting me to abandon ship. Thing is I already bought a smartwatch (kairoswatches, since this is my first post I can't post links) and it is iOS and Android compatible. The question is how does BB play with android smartwatches?. Anybody has a personal experience with, say, a pebble or a samnsung gear and is willing to comment? In case it is not compatible as of now, do you guys think BB will address the subject with software updates? I wouldn't want to buy a Passport only to find out it wont work with my watch.

Thanks for reading!!
    mhw100 likes this.
    10-01-14 07:30 AM
    I do have experience with this! Pebble works good with my BlackBerry via both the Android app, limited function, but it's good for updating firmware and the 3rd Party BB app Talk2Watch. Talk2Watch was written by a BB programmer and CB member who was also a Pebble owner, and it makes our Pebbles pretty much fully functional. Now I also own a Martian Notifier, and THAT is a totally different story. While the Android app does load on my BB, practically nothing works, and no notifications work. I have no clue what your experience is going to be with the Kairos (Cool looking watch BTW!). However my recommendation at this point would be to either get a Pebble or wait to see what BB does. Rumor has it they MAY be working on a watch. (But you know how rumors go!!!)
    I do have experience with this! Pebble works good with my BlackBerry via both the Android app, limited function, but it's good for updating firmware and the 3rd Party BB app Talk2Watch. Talk2Watch was written by a BB programmer and CB member who was also a Pebble owner, and it makes our Pebbles pretty much fully functional. Now I also own a Martian Notifier, and THAT is a totally different story. While the Android app does load on my BB, practically nothing works, and no notifications work. I have no clue what your experience is going to be with the Kairos (Cool looking watch BTW!). However my recommendation at this point would be to either get a Pebble or wait to see what BB does. Rumor has it they MAY be working on a watch. (But you know how rumors go!!!)
    pre456 and MartinAlva like this.
    10-01-14 08:54 AM
    Now I also own a Martian Notifier, and THAT is a totally different story.
    Thanks on the info and thanks for naming the Martian, I had forgotten about those. Just bought one for my wife
    10-02-14 06:39 AM
    Hi PK, any ideas if 10.3 (Passport) with Pebble will let you see who is calling on the watch? This was/is a huge limitation in the past.
    10-08-14 12:29 PM
    I was fooling around yesterday and for the life of me I couldnt get the Samsung Gear Neo wat!ch to connect. During the bt connection passkey it would accept then error message showing not accepted after ward!!!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-08-14 12:46 PM
    I'm curious! Can you explain in more detail your experience with the Pebble watch!?

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-08-14 12:47 PM
    Obviously it's THIS one, but since its not available at the moment I think Pebble will do just fine
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    10-08-14 12:49 PM
    Obviously it's THIS one, but since its not available at the moment I think Pebble will do just fine
    Any idea when would the Rado watch for BlackBerry be available?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:39 PM
    Man I had no idea this was a possibility. When? Would definitely buy it, no problem. Looks fabulous.
    10-08-14 02:53 PM
    Being that I have an android also I mostly just use my Android with my smartwatches. That being said I did play around. Talk2watch works great, YES there are limitations, no BBM for example, and yes with calls you can only see that someone is calling you don't get the name and number, but emails and sms work great, you can also control music and you can get weather.
    10-08-14 03:48 PM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:51 PM
    Being that I have an android also I mostly just use my Android with my smartwatches. That being said I did play around. Talk2watch works great, YES there are limitations, no BBM for example, and yes with calls you can only see that someone is calling you don't get the name and number, but emails and sms work great, you can also control music and you can get weather.
    I swear I can't understand why getting who called is a limitation, whilst my jawbone era reads the numbers in my ear without any software!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-08-14 03:55 PM
    The developer of Talk2Watch had indicated he would have the caller id implemented with 3.1 (if BBRY makes the API available) but it sounds like he's been getting a cold shoulder from BBRY's development resources as they have lessened their developer outreach and perhaps lost interest, or bandwidth, in further development.

I hope not, the Pebble Talk2Watch combination is great, it makes it easy to decide if it's important to grab your device for a critical notification or simply wait until a more appropriate time. Currently it will indicate you have an incoming call but not the name or number of the caller. Truly valuable if you are carrying the phone in a pocket or even holstered, you will almost never miss a notification or call.
    10-14-14 11:12 PM
    No need to fear that. I'm still working on T2W, currently preparing a huge update and caller id is already working in my beta.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:07 AM
    No need to fear that. I'm still working on T2W, currently preparing a huge update and caller id is already working in my beta.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that's awesome news! And here I was getting ready to sell my Pebble. May just have to hold on to it a little longer..

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    10-15-14 04:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Excellent news! I use your app with my PS!!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-15-14 04:58 AM
    I currently have the Pebble paired with my Passport, and the best watch in my opinion, it's a notifier: a filter for when I will pull out my phone- not a replacement; or wrist phone.
    The Passport is suited for this I think! Because when you pull it out you are prepared to do some work and not just cause you thought it might have vibrated?!? So I fully support the developer!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 05:09 AM
    just designer project, but whaou !!!
    10-15-14 06:32 AM
    Does anybody have any experience with the U8 smartwatch? The price seems very appealing and it claims to be BlackBerry compatible:

LEMFO Bluetooth Smart Watch WristWatch U8 UWatch Fit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

As I'm after something which just gives me a quick way to check notifications, and possibly control music, this seems ideal and a quarter of the price of the Pebble.
    10-15-14 07:02 AM
    Does anybody have any experience with the U8 smartwatch? The price seems very appealing and it claims to be BlackBerry compatible:

LEMFO Bluetooth Smart Watch WristWatch U8 UWatch Fit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

As I'm after something which just gives me a quick way to check notifications, and possibly control music, this seems ideal and a quarter of the price of the Pebble.
    Looks limited for Blackberry users:

Sync SMS/call history(only for android phone, you need download apk)
    Ring reminder when your smart phone receive a message (including Wechat, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype, and so on. Only for android phone.)
    Remote taking photo function: You can control your cellphone to take photo from the watch.(only for android phone)

Sync uses apk so that might work, the rest I wouldn't the other two Android only features I wouldn't bet on them working
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    10-15-14 07:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear you are still pushing the app forward. We are always happy to help with any test any beta testing. Once CID is added there really is very little else I would need from a Pebble app. Obviously people like more than just the core apps but T2W is already a killer app for my usage.

Thanks for weighing in, keep us posted on any timeline you can release.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:09 AM
    Big thank you for posting that. I saw a post on that a couple days/weeks ago and couldn't for the life of me find where I saw it. Considering making a post since searches where not helping me.

Awesome.
    10-15-14 09:07 AM
    That Rado watch looks cool! I wonder when it will be available!?
    10-17-14 03:05 PM
    With Google Talk support?
    10-17-14 03:47 PM
    I also have a Pebble and use Talk2Watch. Works really well, other than some display distortion periodically when I try to read things. Other than that it's a good investment. Battery life is great. I charge it about once every 4 days.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:44 PM
33 12