Hi everyone,

I was an iOS user for a long time. Recently bought an iphone 6s plus...Found it to be glitchy, laggy and overall an unpleasant experience. Everything seemed a chore...going in and out of apps constantly, poor in ear speaker quality (rattles), poor OS...i could go on.

I then began to look into Blackberry, i had one back in 2009...But never thought about it until now. I loved the style of the SE. Looks so different and industrial. My iphone is waiting to be returned and bought an SE. All i can say is Wow...This is a real phone. No gimmicks, no nonsense and it just works. Great build, great OS...fast and fluid.

I truly feel the vast majority of people have been hoodwinked by apple marketing. There is nothing i miss about iOS. The SE is all the phone i need and more. Im very happy.

Cheers everyone

Last edited by PrinceOfEgypt; 12-28-15 at 08:51 AM.
    12-27-15 12:12 PM
    Welcome back! to the sheep fold 🐏🐑
    🐏🐑

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 12:20 PM
    Nice! There are so many shortcuts and quick ways to do things, definitely take some time to read all the tips and guides. I learn something new about this phone every day.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    12-27-15 12:22 PM
    I recently bought an iPod touch 6 in Edinburgh and i must say. I was expecting more from iOS. I only use it for music and games / apps and it works fluent. but I can't imagine myself using it as a phone os. Blackberry clearly works a lot better when it comes to calling, emails, etc.

You made the right choice!
    lift likes this.
    12-27-15 12:23 PM
    Thanks all...Definitely the right choice. For me a phone needs to be....A PHONE! I need to be able to make calls and receive them without having a rattling in my ear or straining to hear the person and vice versa.

I have also used android but for me BB10 is great, and android second if i had to choose. Glad to be home again.
    12-27-15 12:53 PM
    Welcome Black.....Berry.
    12-27-15 01:02 PM
    Hey. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. There is so much cry babies here that miss the apps or something that they don't even know existing, that a word of mind is really nice to hear.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) and David Tyler like this.
    12-27-15 01:10 PM
    Hi everyone,

I was an iOS user for a long time. Recently bought an iphone 6s plus...Found it to be glitchy, laggy and overall an unpleasant experience. Everything seemed a chore...going in and out of apps constantly, poor in ear speaker quality (rattles), poor OS...i could go on.

I then began to look into Blackberry, i had one back in 2009...But never thought about it until now. I loved the style of the SE. Looks so different and industrial. So i sold my iphone and bought an SE. All i can say is Wow...This is a real phone. No gimmicks, no nonsense and it just works. Great build, great OS...fast and fluid.

I truly feel the vast majority of people have been hoodwinked by apple marketing. There is nothing i miss about iOS. The SE is all the phone i need and more. Im very happy.

Cheers everyone

excellent choice. I have the original passport. The build quality, and OS functionality of these phones is unmatched. Just disregard all the doom and gloom commentary about os10 you are going to see in this forum.
    12-27-15 01:11 PM
    Ba dum tssss XD

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 02:44 PM
    Good for you, OP! I just sold my SE to get the Z30. While I love the phone and the PKB, the form factor was ultimately the deciding factor to sell it and get the all screen Z30.

Good luck with your new phone! Have fun with it!
    12-27-15 03:04 PM
    Welcome! Myself went a while in the iOS camp and came back with no regrets!

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    gugomat likes this.
    12-27-15 03:47 PM
    Apple has obviously done an excellent job of marketing; and if their legions of adoring iOS users aren't happy, they are at least willing to act like they are.

I've never used iOS, but in my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is FAR superior to Android, and for a variety of reasons. I'm quite pleased with app availability, even though I only use BlackBerry 10 apps. I've had some experience showing off BlackBerry 10 to other users, and the Peek and Pinch never fail to light up their eyes and bring a smile.

I think you'll be quite happy with your SE. I am, and many other users are. A word of advice: Discount the bitter, cynical forum posts. Look for help as you need it and look for opportunities to help others. Welcome to Club Passport!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    gugomat, cbosdell and rarsen like this.
    12-27-15 04:20 PM
    Apple has obviously done an excellent job of marketing; and if their legions of adoring iOS users aren't happy, they are at least willing to act like they are.

I've never used iOS, but in my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is FAR superior to Android, and for a variety of reasons. I'm quite pleased with app availability, even though I only use BlackBerry 10 apps. I've had some experience showing off BlackBerry 10 to other users, and the Peek and Pinch never fail to light up their eyes and bring a smile.

I think you'll be quite happy with your SE. I am, and many other users are. A word of advice: Discount the bitter, cynical forum posts. Look for help as you need it and look for opportunities to help others. Welcome to Club Passport!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Ditto

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2474
    12-27-15 06:19 PM
    Welcome. The Passport is a sweet device. No doubt.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-27-15 06:21 PM
    I've used iOS, Android and Windows Phone. In my opinion, they all serve their purpose. However, if you are a communication monster (calls, text, email, social media, etc...), BlackBerry is the fit. BB10 is BlackBerry perfection!

I don't know what I'd do without my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    gugomat and cbosdell like this.
    12-27-15 09:38 PM
    Passport is an awesome device as you should already know OP. I actually have a 6Plus that I'm hoping to unload for a Classic with a family member.

I hope to never go back to an iphone. I'm good with a BlackBerry and an iPad/Mac laptop combo.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-27-15 10:08 PM
    My first smartphone was a 3GS (iOS)... then a RAZR HD (Android)... good experience in both... although I did find the Android phone glitchy...

When I first saw the Passport I knew that was going to be my next phone... I found its design very appealing. Then i spent some time watching reviews and reading about it and it became more and more desirable... just got it a few weeks ago.

So far it has been a very good experience. Getting used to the pkb but liking it so far. Liking the OS a lot! I do miss some apps I used for my job but so far I have been able to substitute them with other native apps or the mobile web pages.... I still have not installed any Google apps.

I remember, when I had the Android Phone I would try to use more apps to get more from my device but it never became an important thing for me. I use mail, texting, something to follow the stock exchange, news and Twitter... so far all done through native apps. I do not mean to mock anybody... but I do not need any app to tell me how many times to chew my food!!!

Great phone and working tool! Very happy with my purchase.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-27-15 10:17 PM
    First..Glad you have a Blackberry.
    Hi everyone,

But your first paragraph....If you were a long time iphone user than why is the OS that hard to use for you.
    12-27-15 10:18 PM

But your first paragraph....If you were a long time iphone user than why is the OS that hard to use for you.
    I didn't even notice that. I'll give him the benefit and say that the OP is one of those people that struggles with change and finally broke out of his she'll.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-27-15 11:04 PM
    I didn't even notice that. I'll give him the benefit and say that the OP is one of those people that struggles with change and finally broke out of his she'll.

So what your saying is that you didn't read OPs post....Right.
    12-27-15 11:10 PM

maybe he is tired of doing that; in and out apps while blackberry is easier cause of the hub and swiping.

no more home button. I kind of relate; windows phone
    12-27-15 11:11 PM
    Hi everyone,

This doesn't sound like someone who previously used an iphone. This sounds like a BlackBerry fanboy pretending to be a convert.

I hope I'm wrong and that's not the case. Remember it's just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:30 PM
    I have used iOS since 2010...To clarify its annoying even after 5 years to have to go in and out of apps to see what updates you have. The notification centre is ill conceived and Androids is far superior. Having said that the BB hub is a step above android.

Im just giving you my opinion. I have used mobile phones since the star tac back in the 90's so im no spring chicken when it comes to technology.

A mobile device cannot be all things to all people. I find it pointless that a phone plays games...For me anyway. I don't need 1 million apps. A phone needs to be a phone first. A device that you can rely upon. I cannot rely on iOS anymore, im sorry but i was one of the isheep. But you have to sometimes call a spade a spade...The iphone is great for teenagers no doubt. But if you are serious about efficient communication with class to boot then it has to be BB.

To clarify if something is good be it iOS, android, WP, BB then i will be the first to say so. But like someone mentioned the mind boggles to think that apple can get away with charging over $1,000 for a 6s plus. Its a rip off.
    desimerollin likes this.
    12-28-15 05:52 AM
    This doesn't sound like someone who previously used an iphone. This sounds like a BlackBerry fanboy pretending to be a convert.

I hope I'm wrong and that's not the case. Remember it's just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    LOL i have my iphone 6s plus right here waiting to go back...I dont want to embarrass you by posting a pic of it here with my username.
    12-28-15 05:54 AM
    LOL i have my iphone 6s plus right here waiting to go back...I dont want to embarrass you by posting a pic of it here with my username.
    Waiting to go back? Hmm. Go BACK to where? Original post stated, "so I sold my iPhone and bought a...".

No need to explain...the questions are rhetorical but, your posts seem to be contradictory. Ijs

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 07:52 AM
52 123