Just looked at my phone which was connected to Wifi overnight and noticed that the Facebook, Evernote, and Compass apps reappeared. I deleted these along with others a while ago and updated to the latest Rogers update via Sachesi on 10/15.

I deleted these apps again, but decided to look in the settings and it shows the boot time as earlier this morning. I also see the restart on my battery app. Not sure why a restart would reinstall these apps. I also have the automatic updates off and am in the US on AT&T.

Seems odd that the phone would restart and these three apps would reinstall. The Software Release, OS, and Radio are all the same as the Rogers update was; not sure about the others though.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:24 AM
    Been thinking all day and it seems like some have reported getting an AT&T OTA update and even though I was already on .908, maybe it possibly updated anyway bypassing my do not auto update?

I guess it will remain a mystery, but have no idea how or why the Passport restarted early in the AM and reinstalled the Compass, Evernote, and Facebook apps without touching the phone. Just strange...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 12:33 AM
    Hmm, on Att and have not received one update on the Passport as its not a supported device yet. I have had one weird restart, but never like your reinstalling deleted apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:20 AM
    I Remember this from early leaks/os updates.
    When some apps where deletet, you would get a 2-10mb update and ofcourse the phone reboots after the update

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:28 AM
    I Remember this from early leaks/os updates.
    When some apps where deletet, you would get a 2-10mb update and ofcourse the phone reboots after the update

Posted via CB10
    Not the case anymore. I delete some apps that previously were coming back as updates for a while now and it just never happens to get them back.

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-23-14 01:54 AM
    Hmm... maybe I got a small update since I was already on .908. There is a thread on the software update to .908 and a few on T-MOBILE and someone on AT&T said they received this update OTA. I was on Wifi, but had auto updates turned off so it should have prompted me rather than updating itself.

Could have been a weird reboot with the OS, but have had this update via Sachesi for over a week now without any issues. I just found it really strange that I deleted almost all the apps that I could delete and then went to BlackBerry World and deleted them in "Available" as well. I woke up and saw them 3 apps there and had no idea how they got there, then I went into settings and noticed the reboot overnight.

Never heard of a random reboot installing apps, but I guess anything is possible. Thanks for some feedback.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:03 AM
    Not the case anymore. I delete some apps that previously were coming back as updates for a while now and it just never happens to get them back.

Thx for the heads up

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:41 AM

Maybe it is just me, but I'm not understanding this. So it didn't update itself to reinstall those apps as that was fixed? I did have auto updates off. Sorry, I am not understanding this post as written.

Also, I was on .908 via Sachesi for over a week and never had any apps reinstall themselves and restart my device. This was the first time I had the device plugged in and fell asleep and let it charge to 100% though, other than the first charge. I try to stick to 85/20 or around there for battery health. (My Chevrolet Volt would go down to 0% when there was actually 20% left and when showing a full charge of 100% it actually was only charged to 80%.)

This is from the GM engineers stating 80/20 charging is ideal in order to extend the battery life of the lithium ion battery in the Volt allowing them to place a 10 year warranty on the battery pack. I tend to believe them, as they could have let it fully drain and fully charge each time getting way more electric miles than the 40-60 I used to get. Just food for thought on charging and discharging.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:09 PM
    Was just thinking and the only explanation I can think of is that the device updated to .908 by itself even though I had automatically update turned off. It was on Wifi as well, but I should have received a prompt. It definitely restarted itself and reinstalled 3 apps that I deleted... is there any way to see when the last update was installed?

I know some here on AT&T received this OTA starting yesterday. This is all I can think of, but don't know if I can see when the last update was.

Maybe I need to let it go, but it was weird and is bothering me not knowing lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 09:50 PM
    Just looked at my phone which was connected to Wifi overnight and noticed that the Facebook, Evernote, and Compass apps reappeared. I deleted these along with others a while ago and updated to the latest Rogers update via Sachesi on 10/15.

I deleted these apps again, but decided to look in the settings and it shows the boot time as earlier this morning. I also see the restart on my battery app. Not sure why a restart would reinstall these apps. I also have the automatic updates off and am in the US on AT&T.

Seems odd that the phone would restart and these three apps would reinstall. The Software Release, OS, and Radio are all the same as the Rogers update was; not sure about the others though.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry your phone is just preparing to self-destruct. It's absolutely normal though. So just sit tight and enjoy the show.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    10-23-14 10:27 PM
    Don't worry your phone is just preparing to self-destruct. It's absolutely normal though. So just sit tight and enjoy the show.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    Haha, thanks for the heads up!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:20 AM