Hello,
    On my Passport, all of a sudden, a white, plain question mark appears on my home screen (the screen that appears when you hit the power button, but before you swipe up to unlock) slightly down and to the left of the date and time. I have no idea what made it start doing that. Any ideas or has this happened to anyone else?
    Thanks!
    05-02-15 06:43 PM
    Screenshot? So we can see what you're talking about

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:47 PM
    Maybe it's a hub notification for some weird app ?
    05-02-15 06:52 PM
    05-02-15 07:19 PM
    All I see are those two flashes...

Anyway, the portion you are referring to is where your service providers' name should be. And the '?' usually denotes 'unknown' which probably means that it cannot identify your service provider. This usually happens when you are having weak signal and your device keeps searching to get signal or you have a defective SIM card. Try to use different SIM card and see if you still having the same problem.

By the way, to get screen shot, just press the '-' and '+' volume buttons together.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:38 PM
    Sorry....if you are looking at the flashes, look down directly under the left flash to see the question mark (if you were looking at the device normally, the question mark is down and to the left of the time and date.)
    05-02-15 07:40 PM
    It's on the left hand side where notifications usually are check your hub maybe it's a text or something someone sent

Posted via CB10
    A question mark right there is in the spot where you'd see an unopened hub message. Do you have an account that's not set up properly or do you see a message in your hub from "?" or with the subject "?"

Posted via CB10
    Weird question mark on homescreen-_20150502_204731.jpg

The question mark is above and to the right of where a normal new unopened message in the hub would be (here is an example.)
    05-02-15 07:49 PM
    And I did check the hub for new messages, etc. Nothing.
    05-02-15 07:53 PM
    Sorry too. I made it biggest to see it properly.

Yeah, it is an 'unknown' message from 'unknown' sender. If you don't have 'unknown' message from your hub, try to turnoff the lock message display function in your lock screen, restart your mobile and turn on the function again. It maybe a 'glitch' or probably a font text message that cannot be displayed properly on the lock screen... or you just simply accidentally put '?' in your lock screen message...

Posted via CB10
    dcd34 likes this.
    05-02-15 07:58 PM
    Do you have any sort of wallpaper changer app running?
    05-02-15 07:58 PM
    I think you had wrote lock screen message by mistake. Open Settings> Security and Privacy> Lock Screen> Scroll down and see if you have written "?" in your lock screen message.

Posted via CB10
    vanmat and dcd34 like this.
    05-02-15 07:59 PM
    Locks like the area where you put your locked screen message.

Settings - security - lock screen

Scroll to the bottom. Maybe you put a ? In there by accident.

Blackberry Passport
    vanmat and dcd34 like this.
    05-02-15 08:01 PM
    YES! Thank you! It was a lock screen message that had a ? in there.

It could have been my 3 year old who was watching netflix on there earlier but may have been "exploring."

THANKS!
    05-02-15 08:11 PM
    I don't know why, but this thread just reminded me of how I used to screenshot my poor friends' desktops, hide the icons, and then set the screenshot as the desktop background.

If I photoshopped a Passport wallpaper with a convincingly "wtf is this thing" Hub looking icon and set it as someone's background, CrackBerry would go mad trying to figure it out.
    05-02-15 09:08 PM