I'm on Fido which is essentially Rogers and I did the 908 update OTA the day I got it.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:20 PM
    I'm on Fido which is essentially Rogers and I did the 908 update OTA the day I got it.

Posted via CB10
    You should try backing up your device and do a security wipe and then restore. It might help. Of course the best thing to do is a wipe and set up like it's a new device. And restore just your contacts.

Official pain in the **** of the peevishlicious crew.
    10-28-14 10:22 PM
    You should try backing up your device and do a security wipe and then restore. It might help. Of course the best thing to do is a wipe and set up like it's a new device. And restore just your contacts.

That is what I have been debating. The last time I did a security wipe it took way too long (8 hours).

A security wipe will leave the latest OS on the device or will I have to update to 908 again?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:27 PM
    It will leave what's on your device right now, delete your apps that you downloaded and keep it plugged into the wall it should go a little quicker for you.

10-28-14 10:30 PM
    It will leave what's on your device right now, delete your apps that you downloaded and keep it plugged into the wall it should go a little quicker for you.

Is there a way I can wipe it down to the original OS and then update it? If that's possible would it be better

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:31 PM
    No a wipe removes everything other than the os. The only other way to do that is to nuke your phone or do a SIC wipe and then load a autoloader from one of the leaked OS

10-28-14 10:34 PM
    Well.. I tried a security wipe and that did not help either. Still a weak signal. I don't think this is a software problem. I believe I have a defect Passport which is a shame. Extremely disappointed.
    10-28-14 11:26 PM
    Still having issues. Unfortunately I don't think it is my sim as I have tried a different provider sim and the connection is still weak. The other sim typically gets full bars for LTE on the iPhone 5 so this is definitely an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Damn that sucks.

Hopefully if you get a new phone it'll be a different story.

Let us know. I still have issues sometimes, when there is a low 3G signal - there is actually no connection at all.

When I change my network settings to 2G it gets good reception, but then its 2G.
    10-29-14 02:13 AM
    Damn that sucks.

Hopefully if you get a new phone it'll be a different story.

Let us know. I still have issues sometimes, when there is a low 3G signal - there is actually no connection at all.

When I change my network settings to 2G it gets good reception, but then its 2G.
    Yeah exactly what the point of a smart phone if you aren't even use 4G / LTE.

I will update you if or when I get a new one. Have to go through a lame process and the passport is out of stock atm which is even more annoying.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    10-29-14 03:07 AM
    Try this radio, and see if it helps,

http://l.bitcasa.com/VOQ8OI0K
    Same issue I'm having, never ran it with a SIM installed on the launch OS so nothing to compare it with except my Z10 which definitely has a better signal. Going to try this radio out and see what happens. Also with me being on AT&T I dont have the network options, so falling back to just 3G isn't an option. I figured with the device being unlocked I would have the radio options, but I don't.

I used to get perfect 5 bars of LTE service at my house, now I'm lucky if I get 2 and frequently drop to 4G
    10-29-14 05:23 AM
    I do also on mine, and my Z30 was the same at first, then the newer OS fixed it, also BlackBerry has a survey out and asking about these problems so they do know about it. So I would think they will fix in one of the OS coming out in the near future.

10-29-14 11:12 AM
61 123