So I tried two things:

1) garlic paste, because it's a natural adhesive, and because I was drunk and said, screw it, if it's on the internet, it must be true. didn't work, now my phone smells.
    2) superglue - guess what? it works

battery-wise, i don't know what to say... it's still holding up pretty well.

Wanna see how a detached screen looks like in a BlackBerry Passport? :D-img_20150929_200834.jpg

as for build quality, aside from this slight overheating issue, are you kidding me? the thing's built like a rock.
    09-29-15 12:11 PM
    It seems to me that you would need some torque for the screen to separate like that. Something rigid and flat will otherwise stay down.
    09-29-15 12:16 PM

Battery life was once fantastic, and would never run down in a day. Now with time it has degraded to the point that it always claps out early evening. Fixed unit so can't be replaced either.

I wouldn't have bought this phone if I'd have known how poor quality it was going to be.
    I have not had any "quality" issues with my Passport, screen lifting, double type or battery life. It is almost a year old now. I have Fosmon Ultra Thin case on the device, primarily carry it in the front pocket (slacks at work, shorts, casual pants) with the screen facing front. Battery life is very,very good. The only time I come close to running down the battery is a full day with council meetings after work that can run as late as midnight. I have gotten down to 5% which is still around 1.5 hours.

I wonder if there are issues with specific production runs? The outsourcing of the manufacturing seems to be affect some of the Samsung/Apple phones as well. One group is great (no hardware issues) and the next run all have similar issues. Just a thought...

Passport. It will take you places.
    09-29-15 12:39 PM
    Just noticed my screen is lifting up too...
    What would be the right glue? I don't think superglue is right as it does not allow much flexibility; maybe a drop of hot glue?!
    Loctite have flexibile super glue, Loctite Super Glue Gel

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_...r-Glue-Gel.htm

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and mihnead like this.
    09-29-15 12:44 PM
    Palm was way after bbry

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:14 PM
    I think Palm treo 600 was first smartphone. I still have mine
    10-02-15 11:13 AM
    It actually was the IBM Simon which for the first time combined PDA features and a cell phone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Simon

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    10-02-15 01:57 PM
    just a short update, i finally got a message back from vodafone romania, who sold me the unit. they said it can't be fixed and are willing to replace it. that's decent enough, in my book.
    11-02-15 02:26 PM
    Yup that is a heating problem where the glue weakens.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-03-15 12:16 AM
34 12