Am I missing something here? I'd be happy to switch to AT&T except that I've got unlimited data plan from 2008. Bought my Q10 at full price ($599) the FIRST week of June 2013.

Any insight....anyone?

best, frustrated BB10/RIM supporter
    03-27-15 02:12 PM
    Not happening unless Verizon decides to carry them. And at this time this late, that doesn't look very likely.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-27-15 02:15 PM
    The passport is exclusive to AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 04:39 PM
    Sorry but it's all up to Verizon if they choose to carry it or not.
    03-27-15 05:25 PM
    Actually it's up to BlackBerry to make a CDMA version before Verizon can carry it. That would take some kind of deal between VZ and BBRY involving a minimum order and other guarantees. Considering BlackBerry's sales (released today) I don't think ANYbody is going to make a commitment to BlackBerry.
    03-27-15 07:15 PM
    It's not gonna happen, maybe they will carry the Passport 2, or Passport 3, (because maybe by then they will have phased out CDMA completely and won't require a CDMA certified phone to run on their network like how they do right now...

If you want the phone that bad, you're gonna have to give up the Unlimited data
    03-28-15 09:45 AM
    Actually it's up to BlackBerry to make a CDMA version before Verizon can carry it. That would take some kind of deal between VZ and BBRY involving a minimum order and other guarantees. Considering BlackBerry's sales (released today) I don't think ANYbody is going to make a commitment to BlackBerry.
    Why do you say it like that? They're up by a huge percent over last quarter. They're steadily climbing with no signs of falling back down. No, they're not selling like Android or iOS devices but I mostly blame that on the uneducated biased fanboys they have working at these stores. They only know one or the other. As far as they're concerned BlackBerry and Windows phones don't even exist. If they pushed BB10 phones as hard as they push the others we wouldn't be where we are today.
    03-28-15 09:49 AM
    1.4 Million BlackBerrys sold world wide in an entire quarter is ABYSMAL, by ANY standards. Hey, I'd LOVE a Verizon Passport, but I'm not holding my breath. That's why I just picked up a Classic. There is a handful of us that would jump on a Passport if Verizon offered it, but enough to make it financially viable for Verizon? Nope.

I expect BlackBerry to survive, but on a radically scaled down basis. And that's what we're seeing now. And with BlackBerry's precarious financial position they cannot afford to go out on a limb and offer versions of their handhelds for all protocols. GSM is the world standard so making any model for GSM is BlackBerry's best chance for sales. Offering a CDMA version (used only by Sprint and Verizon) for any model is a risk BlackBerry has to think about long and hard. It's an unfortunate numbers game.
    thedose likes this.
    03-28-15 02:00 PM
    I actually emailed BlackBerry (Michael Clewley) about this last night he got back to me right away. His response? Talk to Verizon

It's always up to the carrier. Don't forget we got the Z30 as an exclusive. Granted other carriers can use unlocked devices where we cannot, but still worth mentioning.

I want a Verizon Passport but I don't see it happening

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:26 PM
    Its up to Verizon in as much as they have to make a minimum commitment to BlackBerry if they want a new device. I would imagine the commitment is smaller for GSM carriers as there are so many more of them. i'd love to know what Verizon had to promise in order to get the Classic.
    03-28-15 03:26 PM
    I just got the Classic... loving it but would have gotten the Passport had VZW provided it. Selfishly, I'd be bummed if the Passport came available.

#blackberryclassic
    03-28-15 06:08 PM
    1.4 Million BlackBerrys sold world wide in an entire quarter is ABYSMAL, by ANY standards. Hey, I'd LOVE a Verizon Passport, but I'm not holding my breath. That's why I just picked up a Classic. There is a handful of us that would jump on a Passport if Verizon offered it, but enough to make it financially viable for Verizon? Nope.

I expect BlackBerry to survive, but on a radically scaled down basis. And that's what we're seeing now. And with BlackBerry's precarious financial position they cannot afford to go out on a limb and offer versions of their handhelds for all protocols. GSM is the world standard so making any model for GSM is BlackBerry's best chance for sales. Offering a CDMA version (used only by Sprint and Verizon) for any model is a risk BlackBerry has to think about long and hard. It's an unfortunate numbers game.
    47seijar, Is that you???
    Oh, its Rambo47 on this forum...my bad. Your dark cloud is showing. You REALLY like to use the word abysmal, huh?
    How many forums are you visiting to share your unique brand of optimism?

https://community.verizonwireless.co...ents%2F2045490

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 07:06 PM