I always have my screen rotation locked but thought; would it be possible for BlackBerry to give us the virtual keyboard on an OS update when the rotation lock is off? Probably could have been a great way to implement the PKB and VKB on one device.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:35 AM
    That would be a brilliant idea. It would avoid "wrist gestures" to go back to normal view to type (pkb at the bottom) and would allow vkb typing while holding the phone sideways. I second that!

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    11-10-15 10:07 AM
    I always have my screen rotation locked but thought; would it be possible for BlackBerry to give us the virtual keyboard on an OS update when the rotation lock is off? Probably could have been a great way to implement the PKB and VKB on one device.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    That is a excellent idea, I am sure if many people requested such idea that would perhaps consider the possibilities.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-10-15 10:15 AM
    A full VKB? Is the passport screen big enough for that?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-10-15 11:50 AM
    A full VKB? Is the passport screen big enough for that?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    The Z30 VKB would contract and expand depending on rotation lock, it would be no different on the Passport; only when held with PKB facing down the VKB would disappear.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 03:10 PM
    OK but does anyone and I'm looking for truthful answer here, does anyone rotate their PP? Or even have rotate lock off?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:47 PM
    OK but does anyone and I'm looking for truthful answer here, does anyone rotate their PP? Or even have rotate lock off?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, me! Very comfy to scroll.

Vistaus likes this.
    11-10-15 08:58 PM
    Yep, me! Very comfy to scroll.

Same here.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:00 AM
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    In addition it would be nice if the active frames could also rotate 90 degrees while in "landscape" mode (i.e. With the PKB on the side)

11-11-15 05:40 AM
    I'd love to see that implemented.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:04 AM
    When I'm reading I have it sideways for one handed scrolling and just put it back when I'm typing. Why would you want a vkb I just don't see the point

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:30 AM
    When I'm reading I have it sideways for one handed scrolling and just put it back when I'm typing. Why would you want a vkb I just don't see the point

Posted via CB10
    Simply because in this position you would still be able to type without having to go back to the PKB facing down, assuming that in this "landscape" configuration it would be a full qwerty VKB. Reduced screen visibility because of the VKB but yet a nice improvement in my views. Does this make sense?

11-11-15 06:44 AM
    Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a PKB on the front of the device? Why lose screen real estate willingly?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:51 AM
    OK so after reading the replys to this post I switched rotation lock off and tried browsing side ways. Tbh you seem to have taught me something I never thought about, scrolling down a webpage is quite nice this way. Unfortunately I'm definitely sticking to rotation lock ON due to some of the sites I visit. Basically I need to enter numbers in to certain parts of the websites and if you click on the textbox to get the cursor no numbers appear on the screen. Even if you I rotate the PP back to normal the screen stays locked sideways. I have to click on empty space on webpage to get rid of cursor to then I beable to bring screen back to portrait and then click on box again to enter number. A bit of a faff for something like that so I think I'll stick to locked ON.
    Fricken still love my PP

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:13 AM
    Looking for a VKB on my Passport.
    It would be a great addition for the nearly perfect smartphone.

From Passport with love and bb10.3.2.2474
    11-11-15 08:17 AM