Hello everyone,

If anyone here uses viber, have you experience the app crashing after updating the app? Never had an issue before the update. I've tried to uninstall but I ran into another issue. It won't let me uninstall from within the amazon app store. The viber icon is gone from my phone but it still shows in the amazon app store and it just goes into a loop and crashing when uninstalling. Please help!
    06-10-16 08:01 PM
    you cannot delete the amazon app store from BlackBerry 10 as i just long pressed the icon on my Passport and it produces no delete icon - so i do not believe reinstalling the application is an option

have you tried following the instructions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

by following the instructions at the thread i linked you to above, you have the option to use the google play store to install viber from there and get the latest updated version

i know you asked for help from people who use viber, so forgive me in advance for not being one of those people - now the only thing that might prevent you from doing what i have suggested is if you are using a paid version of the app and have paid using the amazon app store, my pseudo solution might have you buying the app twice, but i would not know for sure, so i also would not know their billing model
    06-10-16 10:36 PM
    you cannot delete the amazon app store from BlackBerry 10 as i just long pressed the icon on my Passport and it produces no delete icon - so i do not believe reinstalling the application is an option

have you tried following the instructions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

by following the instructions at the thread i linked you to above, you have the option to use the google play store to install viber from there and get the latest updated version

i know you asked for help from people who use viber, so forgive me in advance for not being one of those people - now the only thing that might prevent you from doing what i have suggested is if you are using a paid version of the app and have paid using the amazon app store, my pseudo solution might have you buying the app twice, but i would not know for sure, so i also would not know their billing model
    Thank you for the info/advise. Has there been any issues with "rebooting/restarting" when using andriod apps? I've read that people have been having issues with battery life draining and sudden reboots and restarts because of the android apps that has been installed on the passport device. I myself have been experience sudden reboots and restarts with my BlackBerry Passport SE and I'm afraid that by installing Google Android apps, it may worsen my situation.
    06-11-16 06:47 PM
    Today, I too downloaded an update for Viber. If I only knew... the application crashed completely - no use. I'm angry, because I need it for every day work. On the top of it, my BB went on the loop for so many times that I thought it's gone, but fortunately I have managed to started it. What now? I really, really need Viber. Thank you for any helpful advice.
    06-12-16 04:53 PM
    Do you have your Androd runtime updated? Seems as though you don't. Technically speaking, you should be able to get the last version of the app besides today's updates through apk4fun dot come (trusted site) and install it fine.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-12-16 07:14 PM
    Hi the newest version of Viber 6.0 does not work on my Passport or Z10. What I had to do was uninstall it and download version 5.6.5.1885. This version works fine on both of my devices. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & semi retired Z10.
    06-12-16 08:37 PM
    Thank you, guys! I've got my Viber back, downloading 5th version from apk4fun. You are the best!
    06-20-16 06:27 PM
    I updated Viber on my Passport SE and P9983 and of course they crashed. Previously I had older versions but not from Amazon. Even though they appear there with a caption that mentions the fact. I had just uninstalled them to put in the Amazon version. When it didn't work I just deleted them and went back to 5.6.5. All this with no problems. For my P9982 which is the same as Z10 and all full touchscreen BlackBerry phones there is Viber on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 12:54 PM
    I use the 5.6.5 which I got from this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...836-a-1067382/

This works perfectly fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    06-27-16 05:55 PM