Have my blackberry passport for a week, haven't noticed this strange stains until today.

Normaly it looks like this: see picture 1, barely noticed.
    Very strange stains on the back of my Passport by BB logo.-2.jpg

When I try to clean it with a screen wipe, it shows a strange stains around the blackberry logo.

Very strange stains on the back of my Passport by BB logo.-4.jpg

Very strange stains on the back of my Passport by BB logo.-1.jpg

Takes like 3-5 mins to disappear, but after I use this phone for a while, it shows again.

It drives me crazy and have no idea where this stain came from and how to clean it. have tried creen wipe and ethanol it still there.

It looks like some oil marks to me, but I'm not sure if this came from its factory?

Also when it cames, seems used a re-used screen protector, is this factor refurbished phone? I brought this phone from Amazon.

Very strange stains on the back of my Passport by BB logo.-5.jpg

Thanks for your time.
    12-16-14 06:05 AM
    No idea on the stains, but that's not a used screen protector, it's the stock temporary film that pretty much all phones are shipped with. It is meant to be disposed of.
    Sbanzu likes this.
    12-16-14 07:19 AM
    Glue stains from applying the BB Logo. It's very common on the Passport. You'll see a lot of people report the same in this thread, including me.

And there's an excellent chance that it's refurbished. Amazon has been shipping a lot of those. Which might be good as the more common build issues have likely been fixed.

Well, not this one. But big ones.
    BergerKing, deltact and Sbanzu like this.
    12-16-14 07:23 AM
    I have that too. I couldn't figure out what it was, but the glue explanation sounds logical. It is unnoticable once the cleaning solution (or water) is wiped off.
    If you bought the phone on Amazon THROUGH Amazon store fullfilment as a new phone it is new. Watch the third party merchants more carefully.
    In regards to the "screen protector", that is not a regular screen protector. It is meant to be removed.
    BergerKing and Sbanzu like this.
    12-16-14 07:45 AM
    If you bought the phone on Amazon THROUGH Amazon store fullfilment as a new phone it is new.
    Amazon has been sneaking out refurbished models as new. I have one. There's no doubt that it was refurbished -- the BlackBerry box showed significant wear, had been re-taped, the factory screen protectors had been re-applied, and there are nicks along the bezel as if someone had re-affixed the screen.

I'm only keeping it because it's in better shape than my first unit, which had been new. If I tried to replace this one then I might end up with problems again.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-16-14 07:50 AM
    Thanks for your reply.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-16-14 07:59 AM
    all passports do it. it was discussed two weeks after release date. what can u do
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-16-14 08:06 AM
    Mine too.. I thought I just had a case of the overly-greasy hands. Turns out, I actually did. But, after a good washing (both the phone and my hands) the stain is still there. Ah well...
    12-16-14 09:19 AM
    Amazon has been sneaking out refurbished models as new. I have one. There's no doubt that it was refurbished -- the BlackBerry box showed significant wear, had been re-taped, the factory screen protectors had been re-applied, and there are nicks along the bezel as if someone had re-affixed the screen.

I'm only keeping it because it's in better shape than my first unit, which had been new. If I tried to replace this one then I might end up with problems again.
    Amazon fulfillment (directly) is very reputable with excellent customer service. Found that out after mistakingly ordering through Digital River/ ShopBlackberry. If a less then factory fresh phone was shipped to you with obvious wear or marks through whatever error I would definitely notify them for some type of satisfaction. It's the third party vendors that sell through Amazon that *could* possibly offer less then the same quality service or product.
    12-16-14 11:09 AM
    Wow... how can you live with that? I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
    12-16-14 11:17 AM
    Amazon fulfillment (directly) is very reputable with excellent customer service. Found that out after mistakingly ordering through Digital River/ ShopBlackberry. If a less then factory fresh phone was shipped to you with obvious wear or marks through whatever error I would definitely notify them for some type of satisfaction. It's the third party vendors that sell through Amazon that *could* possibly offer less then the same quality service or product.
    You are correct. Amazon fulfillment is very reliable. This simply seems to be an extreme situation -- I imagine that the high demand and low availability is partly behind it.

I'm 100% certain that if I had tried to send the refurb back, they'd have expedited a replacement immediately. I just didn't want to because the second unit was so much more solid than the first. I can live with bezel scratches if it means having zero light bleed, tight keys, and no screen movement.
    Sbanzu likes this.
    12-16-14 11:20 AM
    I just noticed the same on the back of my Passport.
    Anyway you guys going got rid of it? It's a bit of it nuisance.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-08-15 01:42 AM

Amazon isn't going to risk their reputation like this. Legally, no retailer can sell an open box / refurbished product as new.

A shipping box can be damaged but that's it.

Posted via Passport.
    02-08-15 01:54 AM