Has anyone managed to get a miracast display, a BT mouse and BT keyboard all working simultaneously?
    08-09-15 06:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:32 AM
    Didn't you see what I just posted? I watched that video before I posted and he doesn't demonstrate the display with miracast.
    08-09-15 03:27 PM
    Miracast is super slow and laggy

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 03:39 PM
    HDMI cable works beautifully. No lag, highest data transmission speed.
    Anything wireless, unless using the new 60GHz wigig USB3 dongle will be slower and poorer resolution than an HDMI cable.
    08-09-15 04:40 PM
    HDMI cable works beautifully. No lag, highest data transmission speed.
    Anything wireless, unless using the new 60GHz wigig USB3 dongle will be slower and poorer resolution than an HDMI cable.
    I've searched in vain for an HDMI output on my Passport. It must be tucked under the fingerprint reader?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 04:53 PM
    I will give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes, I expect that it will work fine though.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 04:58 PM
    I've searched in vain for an HDMI output on my Passport. It must be tucked under the fingerprint reader?

Posted via CB10
    The passport has a slim port hdmi. Get a slim port hdmi cable.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:01 PM
    Has anyone worked all 3 devices successfully?
    08-09-15 05:33 PM
    The passport has a slim port hdmi. Get a slim port hdmi cable.

Posted via CB10
    And plug it in where? Seriously, I see a USB and a headphone jack ; no other ports.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:41 PM
    The USB is a slimport USB. Also streams HDMI with a slimport adapter.

Posted via CB10
    woofhaven and TrueNorthStar like this.
    08-09-15 07:00 PM
    Check this out:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B010LF...UvbUpU11845423

Posted via CB10
    woofhaven likes this.
    08-09-15 10:01 PM
    And plug it in where? Seriously, I see a USB and a headphone jack ; no other ports.

Posted via CB10
    You connect the slimport to the same input of the Passport where you connect the power supply to the passport.
    At the other end, you need a monitor with HDMI connector to mirror your passport screen to the large display of the monitor.
    I do this almost everyday when I use my Passport in meetings, to watch live TV, or to do presentations.
    woofhaven likes this.
    08-12-15 08:14 AM
    You connect the slimport to the same input of the Passport where you connect the power supply to the passport.
    At the other end, you need a monitor with HDMI connector to mirror your passport screen to the large display of the monitor.
    Nifty, and so, the one thing where I thought the Passport was a step back from the Q10 turned out to be a figment of my ignorance...

Posted via CB10
    achilleg likes this.
    08-12-15 10:40 AM
    I like this thread

Posted via CB10
    bullnuke7532 likes this.
    08-12-15 10:54 AM
    Can someone post a link to US amazon store to buy the equipment needed?
    08-12-15 12:53 PM
    Can the passport power 2 displays like a macbook pro can? That would be great!
    08-12-15 12:55 PM
    Can someone post a link to US amazon store to buy the equipment needed?
    You could try this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...UvbUpU11852201

You can find a lot of stuff on Google you know?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:39 AM
    I like this thread

Posted via CB10
    Why, you're thinking of making an HDMI cable for the passport and selling it for 1k?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:40 AM
    Why, you're thinking of making an HDMI cable for the passport and selling it for 1k?

Posted via CB10
    Dont understand your question.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:50 AM
    Dont understand your question.

Posted via CB10
    I know deep down you understand. You're playing dumb, and I know you're not a dumb person.

Edit: I just went to BBW for a quick search, I still don't know if it was typos, but at least the prices now make some sense!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:52 AM
    So I was successfully able to pair a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my device and also miracast to my tv; to step it up a little I connected a 2TB external hard drive using a usb to micro usb adapter.

Everything worked great, except I was not totally satisfied with the 1:1 screen ratio.

Now I did find a way to stream videos full screen however I was only able to access the files saved on my device or my microSD card to get full screen playback; was not able to figure out how to get full screen playback from files on my hard drive.

To get full screen playback of videos there is a trick to access the file manager using your browser. Open the browser and type the following: file:///sdcard/

This will allow you to navigate your files, if you open a video, it will load in the browser window which in turn allows you to access the Playon feature, which will play your video in full screen!

I have not figured out how to access my hard drive via the "file:///sdcard/" method. If anyone could advise how to do this it would be much appreciated.

Credit for the "file:///sdcard/" trick goes to Conite (sorry if I spelled that wrong).

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 12:17 PM
    I am sure you can just navigate to the files on your sdcard with the file manager directly, select the video file you want to watch by clicking on it and that will open the media player from which you can use the "open in" option on your side menu to display it on an external monitor full screen.

I don't know how to do it with an external hard drive, I don't have one, but you should be able to do the same with the files on your PC or Mac via blend , unless you encrypted your computer files.
    08-16-15 09:25 PM
    I am sure you can just navigate to the files on your sdcard with the file manager directly, select the video file you want to watch by clicking on it and that will open the media player from which you can use the "open in" option on your side menu to display it on an external monitor full screen.

I don't know how to do it with an external hard drive, I don't have one, but you should be able to do the same with the files on your PC or Mac via blend , unless you encrypted your computer files.
    There is no option for "open in". (maybe I'm trying to access it wrong)

When opening a video using file manager there are different menu options vs when opening a video through the video app. For some reason the menu options are limited when opening a video using file manager. I don't know why they did this but they should just use the full video app to run videos from file manager and these work around would not be necessary!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 10:12 AM
    You are correct! The open in option does not work in the browser.
    08-17-15 03:32 PM