My PP works well with the mysync on my Ford truck.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 11:01 PM
    In some countries it is illegal to use a mobile phone unless it is via Bluetooth headset or through the car's audio system, this is the case here in the UK. �60 fine and 3 points on your licence is the minimum, (12 points equals a ban) texting or sending a BBM is a definite no no.
    04-23-15 03:42 PM
    Fun fact. I've trained to issue photo laser speeding tickets, rough estimate would be about 80% of the speeders caught in 3 days had a phone visible in their hands or to their ear when they passed the photo truck.

The ones that really ticked me off were the people on the phone through school zones. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are, the road does require full attention.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 04:12 PM
    Your post caught my attention as I am a Passport user too. I just got the Voyager Edge and am trying to figure out how to make it activate BlackBerry Assistant. I paired the Edge to my Passport with NFC, which is cool. BlackBerry Assistant works well the Edge, but I have only been able to use Assistant with the Edge by touching the microphone on the Passport screen in Assistant. Any ideas for how to activate the Assistant by touching buttons on the Edge? Thanks!
    05-06-15 08:53 PM
    I have a 2011 Dodge Challenger with the UConnect system. My Passport pairs to the system and allows me to make and receive calls handsfree, but I am having trouble downloading the Passport's phonebook. It used to work when I first got my Passport, but doesn't anymore. Now it downloads the phone numbers into the car, but no contact names. I've been in touch with UConnect and BlackBerry, but have not been able to resolve the issue. Any ideas?
    05-06-15 08:55 PM
    I hope the OP isn't a truck driver. Last thing we need is a truck driver trying to figit with his phone to make a call and wreck. I see car wrecks almost every day that are a result from distracted driving. You shouldn't be using the phone at all. If you do, pull off. Yes, I'm going to lecture you, because one minute your dialing your Passport to make a call, and then look up to see cars stopped ahead on the freeway, and boom! You never take another breath again. Or...... you take the life of some innocent person. It's just a phone call.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:20 AM
    Even if your a doctor, cop, lawyer, emt there is no reason to use a phone in the car...no one is that important and besides we did ok 20 years ago without cellphones regardless of need didn't we?

As to ops question I have my phone synced to my 2013 CRV and it works as advertised. All my contacts are at the steering wheel control and all I do is hit the speak button and say the name. It automatically dials the number for me.

Posted via CB10
    This is the truth. No one is that important. Especially not when you consider the statistics of cell phone related car accidents.

If you can sync your phone to your car so that you can anwer a call, hands-free, well then you're completely set imo. Otherwise, pull over to use your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:52 AM
    Pull over and make your call. People like you are the ones that don't pay attention on the road and then cause an accident taking innocent people's lives. Is it so hard to pull over for 5 minutes and make your call?

One more thing to be clear: I didn't opened this topic to get lectures about safety, but to get possible solutions regarding the issue. So I would kindly ask you that you don't answers unless you have suggestions about dialing in car. Thanks.

From my Jamaican Passport.
    05-07-15 08:53 AM
    Volvo S60, 2013, Paired with Bluetooth. Works flawless.
    Charging via USB which in fact is very slow when running the media player.

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-07-15 09:56 AM
    The only way to use it for me is connecting it via bluetooth with my Mercedes. Otherwise you cannot handle both.
    Using passport in car-img_20150507_172752.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:29 AM
    Shortcuts + Bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:35 AM
    I was at a teaching conference last week and another teacher saw my phone and said it was the best phone he ever used. I asked him why he had the Q10 and he said that he does a lot of texting and blogging while driving so he needs one handed use.

I don't condone illegal actions, but it was his opinion. He said if they could make it one hand friendly he would buy one full price no questions asked.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:11 AM
    I was at a teaching conference last week and another teacher saw my phone and said it was the best phone he ever used. I asked him why he had the Q10 and he said that he does a lot of texting and blogging while driving so he needs one handed use.

I don't condone illegal actions, but it was his opinion. He said if they could make it one hand friendly he would buy one full price no questions asked.

Posted via CB10
    A teacher said this. Great. Autonomous cars can't come soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:17 AM
    You shouldn't use your phone while driving unless it's 100% hands and eyes free. Period.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-07-15 12:35 PM
    The ones that really ticked me off were the people on the phone through school zones. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are, the road does require full attention.

Posted via CB10
    I saw someone reading a newspaper and driving near a school right after the children were let out. Truly infuriating.

05-07-15 12:37 PM
    Using assistant is ok, if your native language is English. Mine is not and therefore assistant have big problems picking and dialing contact. Believe me, I tried that.
    Buy a Nokia 1100!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-07-15 12:39 PM
    Well, I didn't say that I don't have bluetooth instalation in my car. I do. The problem that I have is, that it is hard to pickup contact and dial it.
    On my nexus phone, there was smart dialer, wich helped me to dial desired contact by hitting coresponding numbers in dialer and auto predictions did the rest. On blackberry I am forced to use contacts tab in order to find and dial contact.
    That is one of the rare things, that android have better solved.
    And yes, it is convenient to make calls during 3 - 4 hours driving.
    Well try dialing and press that arrow key in the right of the number
    Using passport in car-may-7-2015-14834-pm-edt.jpg
    Using passport in car-may-7-2015-15245-pm-edt.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Passport + Blackberry 4-Row Keyboard is the killer device. I would buy two of them - today!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 02:29 PM
    I saw someone reading a newspaper and driving near a school right after the children were let out. Truly infuriating.

Murika?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 02:30 PM
    I have a 2011 Dodge Challenger with the UConnect system. My Passport pairs to the system and allows me to make and receive calls handsfree, but I am having trouble downloading the Passport's phonebook. It used to work when I first got my Passport, but doesn't anymore. Now it downloads the phone numbers into the car, but no contact names. I've been in touch with UConnect and BlackBerry, but have not been able to resolve the issue. Any ideas?
    Check device encryption is on? Device encryption use to behave like this!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-07-15 02:57 PM
    I use Uconnect in my Ram 1500 to dial numbers. Hands free

Posted via Special Edition Red Passport
    05-07-15 03:21 PM
    Via Bluetooth and my car voice assistant. A push of a button on steering wheel, say call "name", dialing then starts.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    05-07-15 03:27 PM
    Well try dialing and press that arrow key in the right of the number
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May 7, 2015 14834 PM EDT.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	351677
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May 7, 2015 15245 PM EDT.png 
Views:	520 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	351678

Posted via CB10
    Op look at this

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:35 PM

My brother in law used to do that. He'd call me on his cell phone while driving with the newspaper spread out over the steering wheel. He claimed it was "OK" because he was a "Really good driver."

Apparently if you're a really good driver you don't need to see where you're going.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 05:04 PM
    A teacher said this. Great. Autonomous cars can't come soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    He did say it, but im sure there are people like this in every profession... and worse.
    05-07-15 05:24 PM
85 1234