Please! We must contact them as much as possible, so that they will be forced to contact BlackBerry regarding the horrible price of $149!! I have called them several times, and they don't seem to care. But if we cause them to have several reports of the price, they will be more likely to finally adjust it!

<See for yourself!>

BlackBerry Online Store - Passport Leather Swivel Holster - Black

ShopBlackBerry customer service number: 1.866.957.0761

BlackBerry On!
    GeoK likes this.
    12-30-14 02:12 PM
    Dude its leather...and it swivel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-30-14 02:16 PM
    It's a nice holster. It'll come down in price in a month. Just wait a few weeks. Or get the Seidio holster.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:17 PM
    And that justifies it being 3.75 times more expensive how? lol
    12-30-14 02:18 PM
    If it's too expensive, don't buy it.
    Same thing I say to anyone complaining about the price of Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:25 PM
    Just don't buy it: supply and demand.

The more you contact them about it, the more it creates the perception that there is a strong demand for it. So what you're asking people to do will only hurt your end goal.

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt and Deitzanova like this.
    12-30-14 02:25 PM
    No, it is way over priced. They need to be told that there is demand but only at a fair price.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:37 PM
    Get a PDAIR holster. Works great and is also nicely made. Have the holster for about a month now and highly recommended.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:00 PM
    We don't need to contact anyone, this is basic supply and demand business concepts 101 folks. With the price tag they have put on the leather holster accessory, the supply will far outweigh the demand, so the price will come down to reality, probably more sooner than later.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    GeoK and AnimalPak200 like this.
    12-30-14 03:16 PM
    Hey, this thread has me sitting on the fence.
    To contact them or not?
    Yes, let them know that the item is way too expensive.
    but not to contact them, because they may think the are more people interested.

Actually, If anyone you should contact, it should be John Chen himself.
    Digital River is just doing the shipping part and returns. They have nothing to do with price or with demand.
    Anyone got John Chen's email?
    12-30-14 03:44 PM
    Anyone got John Chen's email?
    [email protected].....?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:46 PM
    We don't need to contact anyone, this is basic supply and demand business concepts 101 folks. With the price tag they have put on the leather holster accessory, the supply will far outweigh the demand, so the price will come down to reality, probably more sooner than later.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Still this seems more like an unintended occurrence, considering BlackBerry's products have (almost) always been reasonably priced.
    12-30-14 03:48 PM
    Please! We must contact them as much as possible, so that they will be forced to contact BlackBerry regarding the horrible price of $149!! I have called them several times, and they don't seem to care. But if we cause them to have several reports of the price, they will be more likely to finally adjust it!

<See for yourself!>

BlackBerry Online Store - Passport Leather Swivel Holster - Black

ShopBlackBerry customer service number: 1.866.957.0761

BlackBerry On!
    I can think of 100 more important things to do rather than waste my time on the phone with that awful company.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-30-14 03:49 PM
    If you use paypal credit it won't cost you a dime..

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:50 PM
    Get a PDAIR holster. Works great and is also nicely made. Have the holster for about a month now and highly recommended.

Posted via CB10
    I want an official BlackBerry holster that has the sleep/wake magnet.
    12-30-14 03:50 PM
    I can think of 100 more important things to do rather than waste my time on the phone with that awful company.
    Call BlackBerry then!
    12-30-14 03:51 PM
    Retail does not work that way.... only way prices drop is when demand is low and the retailer needs to move the stock or you use it as a sale or loss leader item.....you can call all you want.. if they have enough orders the price will remain the same..... good luck with you call in campaign... will not do anything but everyone needs a hobby.....
    12-30-14 03:58 PM
    Agreed way over priced, not calling and not buying enough said

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-30-14 04:02 PM
    The PDAIR holster does have a sleep / wake magnet just no BlackBerry logo...but it costs $100 less.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:03 PM
    As I have stated before in other threads. We have speculated that the price is wrong by comparing it to holsters in the past. But with that in mind, shopblackberry is the only outlet for this case at the moment. While it is, that price might not be a mistake and just might be the price set for a small lot of manufactured holsters. As we say in the south...I have hemed and hawed (technical term) with shopblackberry and blackberryhelp for the past couple days on the price and have gotten no response other than an email from DR saying that Blackberry set the price. As other have said...we will just have to wait and hope that market pressures prevail and the price drops. But...they have a long way to go before i will bite.
    12-30-14 04:08 PM
    It's cute that you expect a response from them lol. I think we've gotten all the responses we'll get, the rest will just be canned copies of those.
    12-30-14 04:55 PM
    Agreed. Just don't buy it. All there accessories for the passport are over priced. Like that crappy stick to your phone flip case...Lol really. Ebay for me.
    vpblaze likes this.
    12-30-14 05:19 PM
    The ONLY justification for me me buying it at t he canadian $$$ is that it will also fit the oem hard shell case on device!?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:49 PM
    This thread cracks me up... the people that set the price/have the power to change them are C-Suite and there is no way to contact or get them to change the price. Calling contact centers has no affect except showing them that there is indeed a market for these based on interest, which further enforces the price. It doesn't matter if you say that it's too expensive because even if contact center managers report this to their directors, the C-Suite executives don't give a damn and will keep it at this price until they are sold out. OP, if you did a search, you would have found the holster thread, which includes posts from people that are buying that holster without complaints. I also remember seeing a post from someone who I believe purchased 3 of them at msrp!

As has bee previously stated throughout this thread, if you don't like the price... simply don't buy it. There are tons of other holsters out there with the sleeper magnet, and you can even get custom ones made with finer materials. Khacten, PDAir, Tetded, and others come to mind. Do some research.

:lolatthisthread:

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    12-31-14 01:10 PM
    Buy the Seido case and belt clip from shopblackberry.
    12-31-14 03:29 PM
30 12