Hey so,

I'm about a week into the Passport, still getting used to some things such as typing, but I have not found a solution around what has become a fairly serious problem - my passport is doing all kinds of stuff while in my pocket. Stuff that's getting me in trouble.

I have reduced the screen timeout time to 10 seconds, and I have gotten in the habit of actually clicking the button quickly before I ever put the thing in my pocket. I have turned off swipe to unlock. But still, when I pull it out, it is often in the middle of doing some elaborate action that would have required 4-5 steps. I wasn't going to post this here, until it tweeted a bunch of jibberish at a professional rival that made it look like I was trolling him.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solution? Maybe it's just so big that it constantly rubs on me, or even has its button pushed by my pocket? Help?
    01-19-15 06:27 PM
    The only thing I can recommend Is putting on a password and making sure it's locked before you put it in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Hulk123 likes this.
    01-19-15 06:42 PM
    Hasn't been enough. Even if I click the button to lock, it doesn't require a password to re-activate if it's soon enough after...
    01-19-15 06:57 PM
    When 10.3.1 is launched, you'll be able to manually password lock by using the "k" key.

Posted via CB10
    Vinncent and Technomotive like this.
    01-19-15 06:59 PM
    Hasn't been enough. Even if I click the button to lock, it doesn't require a password to re-activate if it's soon enough after...
    Put a lock code on your phone and lock it before putting it in your pocket. Your phone shouldn't unlock itself, as soon as you lock the screen the password is required to unlock it, it should not have a delay to bypass the password.
    01-19-15 07:04 PM
    I had the same problem with my Q5, after having it for a year I suddenly started making calls from the lock screen ( see what im getting at, 4 times : < ). I started putting the phone into pockets I dont touch - coat jacket for example.

my suggestion is get a pocket sleeve and use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:13 PM
    As was said, just set the phone to require a password to unlock it fully once it has been locked. End of problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:28 PM
    It helps if you don't put the screen against your body

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and Vinncent like this.
    01-19-15 08:30 PM
    Lock by....? Only option, which has seemed too radical to actually do every time, and therefore leaves me in the same place, is to hold down the button for a few seconds until it locks. Is there a quicker way to lock?
    01-19-15 08:46 PM
    Lock it how....? Only option, which has seemed too radical to actually do every time, and therefore leaves me in the same place, is to hold down the button for a few seconds until it locks. Is there a quicker way to lock?
    01-19-15 08:46 PM
    Use a holster

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    01-19-15 09:30 PM
    In my Z10 I had those random calls and even jiberish texts to someone since10.1 so I trained myself to keep locking my device every time I'm done checking with it.

It will only take you 2 seconds to lock the device (1 second time for pressing the button, and another second for the thumb to travel from top to clicking the lock icon). I admit, it's another loop whole from the OS (because of gestures), but as said for the upcoming 10.3.1 you will be able lock the device in less than 2 seconds.

... Or just get a flip case.

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    Last edited by 7onZ; 01-19-15 at 09:44 PM.
    Vinncent likes this.
    01-19-15 09:31 PM
    OP, I can understand your frustration.

Once during a commute, I felt heat from Z10 and took from my pocket. To my horror, though it was locked, 5 picture password option were executed, then 2/3 'blackberry' code actions were also performed. An email was sent to my BBID linked email which was also received by Z10. I caught it at the right moment, otherwise it could have been WIPE!

As said above, keeping the screen away from body helps, but I am skeptic on that too.
    01-19-15 10:25 PM
    Put it in a case.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:06 AM
    When 10.3.1 is launched, you'll be able to manually password lock by using the "k" key.

Posted via CB10
    This. Install the most recent 10.3.1 leak that has keyboard shotcuts. They are great. You can map any key to 'lock' (k is the default) and just hold it for 1.5 seconds and done!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 02:03 AM
    Hold power button for seconds, then click lock, done!
    Vinncent likes this.
    01-20-15 03:49 AM
    Turn off al advanced interactions and keep the phone screen facing outside when keeping it in pocket. Passport screen is too sensitive.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    Vinncent likes this.
    01-20-15 04:14 AM
    Yes, I agree.

turning it out, in my jeans pocket, makes it feel...vulnerable. Is it?
    01-20-15 01:02 PM
    Get a case, and all of you problems will go away
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    01-20-15 01:04 PM
    If you press and hold the power button for a second you can select lock.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:13 PM
    Subscribing for the entertainment factor.
    01-20-15 01:14 PM
    settings/display/ turn off swipe to wake
    01-20-15 01:23 PM
    Having similar experience on my Passport...and I notice that even with the screen facing away from my body it still reacts to the touch of the fabric?! Aren't capacitative screens supposed to react to body heat or something similar (that changes the screen's electrostatic field)?...Why is the fabric of my jacket/pants interacting with the touch screen??? That's got to be a MAJOR design issue, no?

I find it annoying that when the passport rings in my pocket the ring is almost always immediately silenced just because of body movement (and the screen touching the fabric) I miss a lot of calls this way especially when outdoors, which leads me to anlther issue - I have vibrate on but the phone doesn't vibrate when ringing...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:51 PM
    settings/display/ turn off swipe to wake
    Just do it

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 02:44 PM
    It helps if you don't put the screen against your body

Posted via CB10
    This plus pressing power button before putting in pocket is the solution.

If you still get weird stuff, your mute key is being engaged, or you have capacitive objects in your pocket you should remove.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:01 PM
77 123 ...