I have a 2 year contract with Telus and I will have to wait three month before they will let me unlock for $35. I tried Unlock-Code-Republic.com. It took two days and they couldn't get a code for me and it will take 7 days for them to refund my $6.99.

My second attempt to unlock my phone with BlackberryCodeSource.com was successful. It only took about 4 hours to get my code and it cost $19.99 USD.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:23 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the tip!
    10-10-14 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the tip,

I can't find any info though if it is possible to use a bell classic on fido?

does anyone know, I want to be sure before I go and unlock it, also is it easy to unlock?

what do you do, do you just enter an unlock code in the phone and it unlocks? really ?
    or is there some software or something I need to use?
    02-09-15 02:06 AM
    Quickphoneunlock.com

Excellent service and pricing.
    gurbhagat likes this.
    02-09-15 03:05 AM
    what do you do, do you just enter an unlock code in the phone and it unlocks? really ?
    or is there some software or something I need to use?
    Typically you insert a SIM Card from a different provider and the phone walks you through the unlock procedure. That has always worked for me provided the unlock code is good.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Non-Destructive Upgrade to 10.3.1.2243.
    02-09-15 06:11 AM
    Yes, it's really that simple, danp2000 is correct. Just insert a simcard from a not accepted network (Fido in your case) and the phone will ask for the MEP code(unlock code) enter the unlock code and click ok, That's it the phone will be unlocked and will work with any GSM network worldwide.

Also to answer your question again about compatibility, yes the Bell classic will work with Fido perfectly.

Cheers!
    02-09-15 03:00 PM
    This won't be useful to OP, but I called my network provider (Vodafone UK) and they unlocked it for free! Even though their website says they would charge �19.99!

Not sure how I qualified for the discount, but I ain't complaining! Unfortunately, it takes up to 5 business days to take effect and I'm already abroad so I'm spending the first few days relying on wifi only.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 03:05 PM
    yup, always try contacting the network and see if they can provide the code for you,

sometimes they are nice and provide it for free, but usually they charge a fee and or require you
    to be eligible for an unlock.(need to have used the phone with them for at least 3 months and account in good standing, etc)

But, yes, vodafone is usually very good about unlocking for customers.
    02-09-15 03:11 PM
    Thnx for confirming everyone, I ordered the unlocking code from you blackberry code source a little while ago
    can't wait to unlock and start using it!
    02-09-15 07:47 PM
    hey Eileenasaurus,

Sent you the code yesterday, did you receive it yet? let me know if you have a any questions
    02-11-15 05:27 AM
    Ye!! sorry for the delay I was real bizzy with work.

Yup got the unlock code and it worked perfectly! I'm using my bell classic with fido now! Thanks BlackberryCodeSource

Will contact your to unlock my iphone next on your iPhone site
    hey Eileenasaurus,

Sent you the code yesterday, did you receive it yet? let me know if you have a any questions
    02-11-15 11:59 PM