I have a Passport Silver edition and I'm with Virgin mobile in London. I keep going to voice only and getting this message 'Unable to establish a wireless data connection with current internet APN. APN activation failure. Please reset the APN. Network cause code: 29' (or 30). Three times today so far. What does the message even mean!

Turning off and on again seems to get rid of the problem most of the time but not always. Problem happened once or twice before, but has suddenly escalated. I hardly have any apps on my phone and haven't downloaded anything recently.

Any advice on how to get rid of this annoying problem? Sometimes I don't notice it's happened and miss important messages.
    06-16-16 10:40 AM
    I have a Passport Silver edition and I'm with Virgin mobile in London. I keep going to voice only and getting this message 'Unable to establish a wireless data connection with current internet APN. APN activation failure. Please reset the APN. Network cause code: 29' (or 30). Three times today so far. What does the message even mean!
    Have you tried contacting Virgin Mobile? That code seems awfully specific.

Also, make sure your APN values are current. Go to Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>APN and check if they match these:

Mobile Plan: Contract or Prepay (whichever type of SIM you have)
    APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
    Username: user

(I got these values from this website: Virgin APN Settings | Geek Squad)
    06-16-16 11:07 AM
    Have you tried contacting Virgin Mobile? That code seems awfully specific.

Also, make sure your APN values are current. Go to Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>APN and check if they match these:

Mobile Plan: Contract or Prepay (whichever type of SIM you have)
    APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
    Username: user

(I got these values from this website: Virgin APN Settings | Geek Squad)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-16-16 12:25 PM