So this is mainly for those still on the fence and maybe coming from the Q10. I will try not to make this too long but I felt compelled to give my personal user review. Lets start with what I call the ultimate praise. My wife has been down on me for years for sticking with BlackBerry. She just did not understand why I continued to stay with them. She pretty much hated every phone I got with blackberry. She was always complaining on why my phone was so slow and yada yada. So I get the passport and her iphone 6+ happens to die one night while we are out doing some christmas shopping. So she grabs the passport and starts using it to look up some things and order some stuff from online. Then I hear the word WOW comes out her mouth. I am thinking ok her comes the dissing of my phone. She then proceeds to say how much she liked the phone and that blackberry did a great job. After years of dissing and her questioning why I continued to stay with blackberry it was like the biggest compliment the passport could ever get for me. Now on to the user review.

For reference my last phone was a Q10. First I would say this phone is not for everyone. I think the newly launched classic may work better for some people. New keyboard input type plus size just wont work for everyone. That said the phone is AMAZING. This is for me the first blackberry phone I have owned where I sincerely feel like I have the best phone on the market. First it is unique and unlike ANYTHING else on the market. Its square, big, and beautiful. I really love the overall design and find very few if any flaws (that includes the 3 row keyboard). Onto the keyboard coming from the Q10 I was very nervous about how the transition would work to this keyboard. I cant say I am as fast as I was on my Q10 but I am not far off. And for some odd reason I find it more fun and enjoyable typing on this keyboard. The hardware is awesome its fast and fluid. Yes I have noticed the camera focus issue but for me it is not as big as some is making it. Hopefully they release a software update to remedy this issue. I have every app I could want (not a big app person so...) on the phone and working perfectly. The battery is also very good and should easily last throughout the day no matter the amount of usage you put on the battery. Simply put there is no other phone I would rather use its big but not too big for me. This is hands down the best blackberry I have ever used and their best phone by FAR.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:01 AM
    First it is unique and unlike ANYTHING else on the market. Its square, big, and beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    ^ This... I truly love my Z30, but the Passport's design is just totally unique and eye-catching!

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm seriously considering getting a Passport next year after reading so many positive comments about it. I got to handle a friend's Passport a few days ago and also had the "Wow" factor, what a great device it is!

Posted from the mighty Z30!
    arlene_t, alan510 and GeoK like this.
    12-27-14 02:24 AM
    Thanks for your review. I find my Passport to be an excellent device for my business and personal life.

Your story about your wife resonates with me. Since I've been using the Passport the number of snide comments has dropped incredibly. Actually in some cases folks have remarked with recognition such as "so that's the new BlackBerry, how do you like it?" I never would have heard that a year ago. 2 quick iPhone stories from Christmas. 1. A friend with Apple devices tells me there are a bunch of people in his company that are using Passports. I think he wants to go back to a physical keyboard but feels too invested (at this time) in the Apple world. I get a sense he's changing is thoughts. 2. A huge iPhone fan and I had a Siri versus BlackBerry Assistant challenge on something last night. Siri was a total flop and an embarrassment. You should have seen the looks in the room when BlackBerry kicked Siri's ****. Total astonishment. It was a great way to end Christmas.

Enjoy the Passport. It's making waves out there.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:27 AM
    Thanks for your review. I find my Passport to be an excellent device for my business and personal life.

Your story about your wife resonates with me. Since I've been using the Passport the number of snide comments has dropped incredibly. Actually in some cases folks have remarked with recognition such as "so that's the new BlackBerry, how do you like it?" I never would have heard that a year ago. 2 quick iPhone stories from Christmas. 1. A friend with Apple devices tells me there are a bunch of people in his company that are using Passports. I think he wants to go back to a physical keyboard but feels too invested (at this time) in the Apple world. I get a sense he's changing is thoughts. 2. A huge iPhone fan and I had a Siri versus BlackBerry Assistant challenge on something last night. Siri was a total flop and an embarrassment. You should have seen the looks in the room when BlackBerry kicked Siri's ****. Total astonishment. It was a great way to end Christmas.

Enjoy the Passport. It's making waves out there.

Posted via CB10
    Good to hear the assistant kicked suri's ****. I dont use it very much but I will as time goes on.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:34 AM
    Passport and the BlackBerry assistant takes a second or two longer to get the correct answer than Siri takes to get the wrong one. Try it with your iPhone friends. Perhaps I should say, more correct or relevant answer. But it is fun and a challenge that your iphone friend will enter into with great confidence only to become a Siri apologist later. I live with an iPhone Fanboi and recently pointed out that with the way he uses his phone, (communication focused, uses spreadsheets for work, not app crazy), he would be an ideal BlackBerry user. He is amazed when I forget to charge my phone and have more than 50% charge left on day 2

The point is that BlackBerry finally has a phone that can stand toe to toe with the iPhone or Android of the month and can rationally be considered a better or viable alternative.

So while I dig the Classic, it should have released it with insane specs like the passport. Let's be honest that BlackBerry customers are older, so if our devices are hotter than the latest punk *** device of the month, it bodes well for the brand.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    12-27-14 03:40 AM
    Passport and the BlackBerry assistant takes a second or two longer to get the correct answer than Siri takes to get the wrong one. Try it with your iPhone friends. Perhaps I should say, more correct or relevant answer. But it is fun and a challenge that your iphone friend will enter into with great confidence only to become a Siri apologist later. I live with an iPhone Fanboi and recently pointed out that with the way he uses his phone, (communication focused, uses spreadsheets for work, not app crazy), he would be an ideal BlackBerry user. He is amazed when I forget to charge my phone and have more than 50% charge left on day 2

The point is that BlackBerry finally has a phone that can stand toe to toe with the iPhone or Android of the month and can rationally be considered a better or viable alternative.

So while I dig the Classic, it should have released it with insane specs like the passport. Let's be honest that BlackBerry customers are older, so if our devices are hotter than the latest punk *** device of the month, it bodes well for the brand.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with what you said. Cant stress how much I love this phone. I have no desire to look at another phone for at least the next 2-3 years.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:19 AM
    ^^ that is one big statement (and huge commitment)..^^ :-)

On the serious note, Passport is a great device, and possibly game changer. It's all what is needed: good looking, sturdy, heavy, square, polished but soft to touch, hard (keyboard) but sensitive... this one is keeper...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:43 AM
    Yeah...I had some snide remarks and some joke made on my Passport, (her feelings were not hurt).
    But, I ignored them.
    Once they really see the screen and see what the Passport is capable of. It makes question marks dance in their heads.
    Big difference from the iPhone 5/c/s screens.

- "This is for me the first blackberry phone I have owned where I sincerely feel like I have the best phone on the market."
    - "And for some odd reason I find it more fun and enjoyable typing on this keyboard. The hardware is awesome its fast and fluid."
    Thanks for those comments.
    12-28-14 08:57 PM