Just been in communication with a sales adviser from EE - don't do Blackberry phones.
    I for one will look to switch to a Passport stocking network if the deal is right.

Who thinks this could be a massive mistake come Passport time unless EE stock it?
    08-14-14 06:19 AM
    EE do stock BlackBerry 10 devices, but not in retail stores and only business customers.
    James Richardson likes this.
    08-14-14 06:26 AM
    no one knows which operators will stock passport, but hopefully - all...

on the other hand - BlackBerry Accessories - Buy Cases, Holsters, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More
    08-14-14 06:27 AM
    Vodafone almost certainly will - they offer BlackBerry phones on their website to consumers as well as business.
    08-14-14 06:29 AM
    Carphone Warehouse will have them available

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.0.700
    RDZONE99 likes this.
    08-14-14 07:36 AM
    08-14-14 08:16 AM
    the EE shop in my town dont sell blackberrys anymore + they dont deal with any problems with them. i think they charge too much anyway. i prefer o2!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 08:20 AM
    the EE shop in my town dont sell blackberrys anymore + they dont deal with any problems with them. i think they charge too much anyway. i prefer o2!

Posted via CB10
    My Z30 is under a small business contract (as I have my own company) and I do think it's interesting how different my experience is compared to what people report on here, presumably as consumers. When I ring up Vodafone, whatever it's about, the people on the other end are very knowledgeable about BB10 devices - and anything but dismissive in the way so many report on here when dealing with shop reps. Presumably that's because of the corporate take up being higher.
    BerryManUK85 likes this.
    08-14-14 08:30 AM
    I'm not fussed which network stock it. Whatever phone I get its always Unlocked so i can use it on any network I want.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-14-14 08:35 AM
    they are at the disadvantage.
    08-14-14 08:50 AM
    I'm not fussed which network stock it. Whatever phone I get its always Unlocked so i can use it on any network I want.

I normally wait then use it as a bargaining tool for upgrade - currently out of contract so unlocked one could be the way to go :-)
    08-14-14 08:53 AM
    I'm with Orange (they sold their soul to EE (-_-') lol ) but I'll probably just get the phone via Phones4U and continue with the same contract I have.

That should calm them down. EE is crap anyways. I should change networks but Orange Wednesdays are something I'm unwilling to give up.
    08-14-14 08:54 AM
    They didn't sell their soul to EE.

Orange and T-Mobile parent companies created a Joint Venture which became EE. The reason why OUK and TmoUK are still around is because the backend systems are completely incompatible with each other.
    08-14-14 09:12 AM
    Both my BlackBerry's are on T-Mobile Pay as you go. I'm only with them as signal is really good where i am

08-14-14 09:17 AM
    They didn't sell their soul to EE.

Orange and T-Mobile parent companies created a Joint Venture which became EE. The reason why OUK and TmoUK are still around is because the backend systems are completely incompatible with each other.
    I know... I just like believing they did that. Because for some stupid reason, orange now has a worse network and worse customer service than before.
    08-14-14 09:22 AM
    Orange has always had bad customer service! I remember a few years ago when I had a contract with them. Every month the contract price was different & they supplied me with faulty BlackBerry's at the time it was the 9300. Put me off contracts for ever!

Pay As You Go FTW!

08-14-14 09:32 AM
    Its the same customer service team we all know and love. They've just got three different systems depending on what brand your mobile number is tied to... makes their jobs a bit more awkward.

The people themselves are a great bunch though.
    08-14-14 09:44 AM
    Vodafone will be stocking the device stocking staff confirmed to me. Doubt o2 will

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 05:47 PM
    I'm with Orange (they sold their soul to EE (-_-') lol ) but I'll probably just get the phone via Phones4U and continue with the same contract I have.

That should calm them down. EE is crap anyways. I should change networks but Orange Wednesdays are something I'm unwilling to give up.
    I've been on O2 for 15 years and I use orange Wednesdays all the time. We all know someone who is on Orange or EE don't we. I just get them to forward the text message to me. Or, all you need is a paygo orange sim.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-16-14 06:08 PM
    I've been with EE since the Z10 launched in January 2013 and I honestly cannot wait til the day comes when I can tell them to stick their renewal!!

Honestly the biggest bunch of cowboys this side of the US... they don't wanna stock BlackBerry phones? That's fine with me, all the more reason to leave them...

I agree with the previous statement regarding Orange selling their soul - I got the BlackBerry Bold 9000 on day one it released here in the UK and during those two years I never had a problem with them or their service... since they joined up with T-Mobile, they went downhill sharp and fast...

My advice? Go with O2 or Vodafone... he'll I'd rather buy the Passport SIM free and get a Three UK sim only deal and put up with crop coverage than give EE any more of money

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 04:28 AM
    My advice? Go with O2 or Vodafone... he'll I'd rather buy the Passport SIM free and get a Three UK sim only deal and put up with crop coverage than give EE any more of money
    I personally always buy SIM free and recommend it. But I have to disagree with your statement about 3 UK.

Obviously reception is area dependant, but in my experience in Northern Ireland and the south, 3 has operated as good but mostly better than either O2 or Vodafone for me. Even though on an occasion I was something like ten miles from the border, I found O2 would tend to connect to a southern cell tower, triggering roaming charges. Vodafone kept losing signal indoors.

3 are also planning not to charge extra for 4g service which I think is absolutely correct. Service levels are never guaranteed anyway.

No phone company is perfect, but I like what 3 is doing ATM.
    Nemzy likes this.
    08-17-14 09:00 AM
    I personally always buy SIM free and recommend it. But I have to disagree with your statement about 3 UK.

Obviously reception is area dependant, but in my experience in Northern Ireland and the south, 3 has operated as good but mostly better than either O2 or Vodafone for me. Even though on an occasion I was something like ten miles from the border, I found O2 would tend to connect to a southern cell tower, triggering roaming charges. Vodafone kept losing signal indoors.

3 are also planning not to charge extra for 4g service which I think is absolutely correct. Service levels are never guaranteed anyway.

No phone company is perfect, but I like what 3 is doing ATM.
    Sorry, I was merely emphasising how far I would go to avoid EE... Obviously here in Scotland the coverage I find, in my personal opinion, that either O2 or Vodafone win - especially indoors compared to EE

EE signal tends to only work with me when I'm outdoors (which defies the point if your landline goes on the blink)

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    08-17-14 09:23 AM
    Does not surprise me as when I was looking to get a Q10 a year ago I went into three different orange/EE shops and I had to explain to them what the Q10 was. The general comment was "oh are they still doing the phones with the keyboards". This was just before the release so not like months before.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:54 AM