Source: Passport Won't Stamp BlackBerry For Gains - Forbes

I have been holding out because I want to get a cover, as I am accident prone...
    09-26-14 07:04 AM
    Hope not, been waiting to buy it, wonder if I can just order it from shopbb or amazon prior to date and just have it shipped when it's avail.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-26-14 07:08 AM
    According to Crackberry news update the device sold a staggering 200,000 units through Amazon and ShopBB. I think you can reserve on Amazon but not on ShopBB.
    09-26-14 11:56 AM
    if Blackberry increases the price from present one to cash in on initial sales success a bad move,
    Passport is expensive in UK as usual, a price increase would be a marketing masterstroke,
    Time to wait and see price drop as every BB10 device has.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-14 06:44 AM
    No the price won't be going up.

Like the Z10... which exceeded all expectations, surpassed Blackberry's records for number of devices sold etc etc , the demand will readjust.

Unlike the Z10, there are not many carriers on board selling it, no Phones4u advertising on TV, care phone warehouse make it fairly difficult to know a Passport even exists on their website unless you manually search for it, Vodafone aren't fully committed yet etc

The hype will dilute, BlackBerry "may" do some marketing around that period, but I doubt very much a price hike.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:21 AM
    If it is true that they have a 6 day window and then the price goes up they should extend it. Look at the people who wanted to order and couldn't because it is on back order. I ordered day 1 and am still waiting

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-27-14 08:37 AM
    No the price won't be going up.

Like the Z10... which exceeded all expectations, surpassed Blackberry's records for number of devices sold etc etc , the demand will readjust.

Unlike the Z10, there are not many carriers on board selling it, no Phones4u advertising on TV, care phone warehouse make it fairly difficult to know a Passport even exists on their website unless you manually search for it, Vodafone aren't fully committed yet etc

The hype will dilute, BlackBerry "may" do some marketing around that period, but I doubt very much a price hike.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Z10 exceeded expectations; on the contrary it's excess stocks led to the demise of Blackberry in 2013.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:49 AM
    I don't think Z10 exceeded expectations; on the contrary it's excess stocks led to the demise of Blackberry in 2013.
    It did...

Blackberry's CEO, Thorsten Heins, is proudly standing behind the launch of Blackberry 10. Speaking to Spanish newspaper Expansion (via Bloomberg), Heins expressed that the sales of Blackberry 10 devices last month were beyond the company's "ambitious expectations".

Like I said, the early hype will readjust, expectations are exceeded, it's easily days but the noise will die down, prices won't go up, come March 2015, Chen will unveil the new Passport successor which he hinted at, Passport sales will probably be hit further due to some holding out for that one of its any good.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:52 AM
    If it is true that they have a 6 day window and then the price goes up they should extend it. Look at the people who wanted to order and couldn't because it is on back order. I ordered day 1 and am still waiting

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Usually if you order at a specific price, stores honour this even if the price has gone up. As far as I am aware this is part of Amazon's price promise.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:52 AM
    It did...

Blackberry's CEO, Thorsten Heins, is proudly standing behind the launch of Blackberry 10. Speaking to Spanish newspaper Expansion (via Bloomberg), Heins expressed that the sales of Blackberry 10 devices last month were beyond the company's "ambitious expectations".

Posted via CB10
    Yes well that may be last month; but it definitely didn't when it was launched.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:54 AM
    Yes well that may be last month; but it definitely didn't when it was launched.

Posted via CB10
    That is when it launched, and for your info Heins is NOT the ceo any more lol never mind.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:56 AM
    I guess one way to look at it is if they are not investing in advertising, then they can pass on the savings via a reduced price.

The Passport is a bad *** device, I'd love to upgrade from the Z30. Maybe later.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:01 AM
    The market reports were to the contrary: http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...lower-analysts

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:05 AM
    I think the 599 was an intro price. Remember its listed as 699 with 100 off in the BB store and i think amazon as well
    09-27-14 09:09 AM
    I guess one way to look at it is if they are not investing in advertising, then they can pass on the savings via a reduced price.

The Passport is a bad *** device, I'd love to upgrade from the Z30. Maybe later.

Posted via CB10
    I think that there is a massive up on the device... the basic iPhone 6 only cost $160 to make according to reports. So the Passport would be around $200 to produce.

I think they are probably going with a more traditional and balanced marketing approach. It does seem they under estimated demand for launch week, so maybe they plan to hold off on a push until they can meet current demand expectations.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:09 AM
    From what I saw the price of the Passport isn't changing, but the subsidized carrier price is going from 200.00 on a 2yr contract to 250.00 on a 2yr contract at the end of the Telus exclusive period.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:13 AM
    Also don't forget this phone is not really for the general consumer, more their business and professional customers. They will probably direct market to them via professional journals, publications and newsletters ads, and industry conference stalls.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:13 AM