Hey guys --

I'm having some trouble adding my Gmail account to my Hub. The error I keep getting is "At this time, this email account cannot be added." Here's what I've tried so far...

I've tried adding my account via both the "Hub" and via "Set up", clicking "advanced", using IMAP, and disabling 2-step verification. I've also rebooted my phone. All told I've tried this at least 20x. Nothing is working. My emails never sync, only my contacts and calendar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help, guys.
    10-25-14 12:55 PM
    Just one question, why did you try 'advanced' and 'IMAP', and not just 'add account' => 'Email, calendar & contacts' ?
    10-25-14 01:11 PM
    Sorry for the lack of clarity... I did try the regular "add account" feature. It was the first thing I tried. Needless to say it didn't work
    10-25-14 01:59 PM
    Sorry for the lack of clarity... I did try the regular "add account" feature. It was the first thing I tried. Needless to say it didn't work
    Did you enable IMAP on your Gmail account?
    10-25-14 02:13 PM
    Yes, it is enabled
    10-25-14 02:24 PM
    hmm...I really don't know what else to say, sorry - I redefined my Gmail accounts at least 100 times in the last 1 or 2 years on my various BB10 phones, and it ALWAYS worked, as long as the account existed, the login credentials were correct and IMAP was turned on. The only other idiea I have is to give it another try tomorrow, maybe there was a temporary server error or so.
    10-25-14 03:24 PM
    Thanks for your help - I do appreciate it.

Unfortunately this problem has persisted for the past two days. At this rate... it looks like my passport is going back to the store. I really wanted to like this phone (with no other phone would I have bothered to spend 2 days on such a basic problem) but I can't stand these software hitches. Ugh
    10-25-14 03:39 PM
    Google is playing hardball.

I tried to add a Google account for a required calendar I need for work and received the same message. I then got an email from them on the same account on another phone stating "someone tried to access your account but access was denied". Or something like that.

In the email it suggested to load the Google app if it was me.

Isn't the point of owning a BlackBerry to not need a separate app for each function of the phone? It made me change that calendar over to Outlook this week and closed the Google account.

My 2 cents and experience this week.

Z30'ing
    10-25-14 03:43 PM
    There is no separate app to access Google on BB10.

OP you may want to check one last thing in your Google account: settings - accounts and import - other Google account setting - security: there, a 'Blackbery' account should show, with access to all things Google. There you can also revoke access to Google for apps and accounts, and maybe this was done mistakenly for Blackberry?
    In all honesty, I don't think so, because in order to revoke an app's access, it has to exist and work first - but who knows?
    And now I really ran out of ideas.
    10-25-14 03:55 PM
    It's really not an issue with the Passport, but if you really want to rule it out (or isolate the problem), then make a new test gmail account (always good to have one for shady subscriptions/sites), and try to add it to the Passport via the regular "add account" method (where you literally just enter your "[email protected]"

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:23 PM
    Yes, it is enabled
    Gmail also block your account if access from different IP address at the same time.
    Did you have more than one "devices" accessing the same Gmail account from different service provider?
    10-25-14 04:31 PM
    OK so here is one more idea: try to create a new account with the 'advanced' method, but this time, don't choose Google Mail, but CarDAV, to create a contacts account only. Try server name "www.google.com". If this gets accepted and your contacts begin to synch (this might take a few minutes), then there is no general access problem.
    10-25-14 04:46 PM
    Have you checked to see if 2 step verification is turned on in Gmail? It's not likely a phone issue?

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Passport
    10-25-14 07:15 PM
    when I did a restore from z-10 to passport ,all old email acc came over which included 2 gmail acc .So I am thinking your password is not being entered correctly .I know it sounds stupid ,but trust me it can be something that simple .
    10-25-14 07:42 PM
    It took me 4 attempts to get Google Talk to work last week. I kept getting the message that someone was trying to access my account. I had to click the link to allow less secure devices to connect. It had some nasty little message about connecting to it's services via a not modern not secure device.

Nasty insulting Google account.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:01 PM
    It took me 4 attempts to get Google Talk to work last week. I kept getting the message that someone was trying to access my account. I had to click the link to allow less secure devices to connect. It had some nasty little message about connecting to it's services via a not modern not secure device.

Nasty insulting Google account.

Posted via CB10
    Do you use two-step authentication? My mom gets that even on her laptop,.. I'm pretty sure it's just trying to scare people into using two-step authentication. I've never had issues although, since BlackBerry's Google talk app doesn't support two step authentication I always have to make a new app-password whenever I log on with a new device.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:32 PM
    Oh,.. and another thought! The way the Accounts app deals with gmail log ins requires the use of the browser. Just for kicks, clear your cookies and cache. I've had several instances in which I can't log in to Google sites using the browser and clearing cookies and cache seems to resolve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:35 PM
    I don't think it's got to do anything with passport. It might just be some Google settings or security you have set up in your account. I use 3 Google accounts, 2 organizational and 1 personal, all setup without issues.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    10-26-14 09:33 AM
    Well guys... I took it to the ATT store to get a nano sim card and after trying to set everything up on the 4G network, it actually worked! Not sure why wifi wasn't working.

Thanks for all your responses, guys. Really do appreciate the help. And for other people with the same problem: try setting everything up on your 4G instead of wifi.

Next order of business: trying to get Instagram on the passport. Haha
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-26-14 11:17 AM
    Well guys... I took it to the ATT store to get a nano sim card and after trying to set everything up on the 4G network, it actually worked! Not sure why wifi wasn't working.

Thanks for all your responses, guys. Really do appreciate the help. And for other people with the same problem: try setting everything up on your 4G instead of wifi.

Next order of business: trying to get Instagram on the passport. Haha
    It may have just needed a new IP. Try completely power cycling your modem and router, just in case you have other similar issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 11:22 AM