Selfridges have working demos of both white and black passports and black classics logged into their wifi network so you can really trial them out and get into browsing and other app experiences. I spent a good half an hour with them and it was a real eye opener which will help me decide which to trade the Q10 in for.

Initial thoughts are that the Passport looks awesome in white! I had a white Torch 9800 but all my other BB's have been black, so I generally lean towards black, but there's something about the Passport that just suits white. I think maybe the contrast of the silver frets on the black keyboard accentuate the unusual proportion of the phone more than on the white version, which flows better. On a 4 line keyboard like the Q10 the keyboard looks natural, but on the passport for me it looks odd, and the silver blending into the white hides that somewhat.

I tried typing on the Passport and my speed was abysmal. Anyone else gone from a Q10 and found this initially? How long did it take to improve?

The classic looks good but my standout review point is that the trackpad is tiny! For some reason it feels much fiddlier than legacy devices. This may be because of the larger phone body around it, but I think anyone with digger hands might struggle. Other than that, it felt good and definitely delivers what it set out to do.

Walked past the Samsung stand on the way out and was really struck by how bland the designs are in comparison. I'm no hater but BlackBerry has the intrigue factor locked down at the moment. There were half a dozen other eyeing up the BlackBerry stand and not too many people looking twice at the others, so whether that translates to sales or not, at least eyes are being drawn in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:53 AM
    I tried typing on the Passport and my speed was abysmal. Anyone else gone from a Q10 and found this initially? How long did it take to improve?
    Yes, it took me several weeks and I'm still not as fast depending on the content I'm typing. That said, there are occasions when I am faster than I was on the Q10.
    12-23-14 07:01 AM
    Yes, it took me several weeks and I'm still not as fast depending on the content I'm typing. That said, there are occasions when I am faster than I was on the Q10.
    That's reassuring. It feels anything but natural so I was a little concerned I might not be able to get used to it after 10yrs bashing away at the 4 row style.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:06 AM
    That's reassuring. It feels anything but natural so I was a little concerned I might not be able to get used to it after 10yrs bashing away at the 4 row style.

Posted via CB10
    Your brain's muscle memory will re-adjust with time. Of all the BlackBerry's that I have owned since 2000, the Passport keyboard is the only one that truly feels natural to me for typing and I'm truly loving this beast. Different folks, different strokes.
    BBRYQ10 and Barbareren like this.
    12-23-14 07:20 AM
    Give it a couple of days, maybe even a week or two. It is a flowing process, you get better while you type some text and keep learning the new layout and system. I am now using the Passport since I think roughly two months and still see ways to improve my typing experience. Having said that, there are certain scenarios where I still am much faster on my Q10, especially with numbers and special characters involved. I like the feel of the new keyboard, good feddback and the keys are sized very comfortable.

Posted via CB10
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    12-23-14 07:34 AM
    What selfridges had them on display ?
    I am desperate to get either the passport or the classic but noone here has them on display.
    Manchester Uk
    12-23-14 09:16 AM
    I've not been faster than on my Z30, but I have been more accurate when typing text.
    The hotkeys are fricking unbelievable though. After a month of them, I can't remember how I managed without them when I went from Bold 9900 to Z10 and then Z30. Navigating through the menus is so idiotically much faster, it's just not funny anymore.
    12-23-14 10:06 AM
    Selfridges have working demos of both white and black passports and black classics logged into their wifi network so you can really trial them out and get into browsing and other app experiences. I spent a good half an hour with them and it was a real eye opener which will help me decide which to trade the Q10 in for.

Initial thoughts are that the Passport looks awesome in white! I had a white Torch 9800 but all my other BB's have been black, so I generally lean towards black, but there's something about the Passport that just suits white. I think maybe the contrast of the silver frets on the black keyboard accentuate the unusual proportion of the phone more than on the white version, which flows better. On a 4 line keyboard like the Q10 the keyboard looks natural, but on the passport for me it looks odd, and the silver blending into the white hides that somewhat.

The classic looks good but my standout review point is that the trackpad is tiny! For some reason it feels much fiddlier than legacy devices. This may be because of the larger phone body around it, but I think anyone with digger hands might struggle. Other than that, it felt good and definitely delivers what it set out to do.

Walked past the Samsung stand on the way out and was really struck by how bland the designs are in comparison. I'm no hater but BlackBerry has the intrigue factor locked down at the moment. There were half a dozen other eyeing up the BlackBerry stand and not too many people looking twice at the others, so whether that translates to sales or not, at least eyes are being drawn in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    I got the Passport a few days after launch, we are now getting to the end of December and I can say that my typing is on par with any other phone I have used with a physical keyboard, meaning that I can almost type out full msgs without even looking at the screen

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:12 AM
    I am desperate to get either the passport or the classic but noone here has them on display.
    Manchester Uk
    Oxford St, London. They have a ton of them but not exactly handy for you unfortunately! :-(

Posted via CB10
    bukovisk likes this.
    12-23-14 10:47 AM
    I was in selfridges, and they have only passports in black and the p9982 and the p9983

No classics there and no white passports.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:14 AM
    I was in selfridges, and they have only passports in black and the p9982 and the p9983

No classics there and no white passports.

Posted via CB10
    Which Selfridges? London at 10am today had the lot. Not on the carphone warehouse stand but on a separate stand...

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:23 AM
    Manchester Uk
    Vodafone may have Passport on display. I tried it a few weeks ago at Coventry city centre.

Posted via CB10
    bukovisk likes this.
    12-23-14 12:04 PM
    Give the Passport two weeks and you'll be up to speed. I moved from the Z10 and it took me about weeks. Now I feel very natural typing on it. The bonus is the key shortcut feature which I dearly missed when my Bold 9900 died.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    12-23-14 01:08 PM
    Incredible that the Classic is not available in the UK. I am not sure Blackberry got that right. It is going to be released in Dubai this week...

CB10 on my Passport
    12-23-14 01:17 PM
    Vodafone are a waste of time. They say that they dont sell it instore only online.
    12-23-14 02:18 PM
    Yeah it's bizarre that the classic is there to play with in store but you can't take one home with you. Seems very strange and would have annoyed me massively if I'd gone in there cold, been impressed and asked to buy one only to be told I couldn't.....

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-23-14 04:38 PM
    Leicester city centre (Vodafone)has one on display too
    12-23-14 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am enjoying my Passport from 9900 after 4 years with it. I would say keyboard is not a problem to me. Give a try, you will love it.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:03 AM
    Selfridges will sell the classic from 3rd January.

That's the last info I have now.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:44 AM
    I'm glad to see actual demos of the Passport at stores that carries them. Demo units is an issue that needs to be addressed by Blackberry as most people want to feel the phone before they buy it.
    12-24-14 01:49 PM