Question for people who have used an older BlackBerry device with a Trackpad and the Passport's - I'm not sure what to call it - Trackkeyboard? Anyway, for moving where the cursor is, selecting, copying, cutting, pasting, etc. -- do you think one has a clear advantage over the other?
    11-22-14 11:31 AM
    Passport!

You can enable / disable "cursor" mode by double tapping on the keyboard - no need to move the hands away..

but it will as most other things, be up to everyones particular needs and wishes. With the Classic you now have a choice to Not have a touch-enabled keyboard and instead use the trackpad.

The Classic will be a modern phone , allowing "old timers" to still use their old ways :-)

One device can never be "everything" for "everyone". Good to have options so you can choose the model that fits your needs.
    cgallaer likes this.
    11-22-14 12:26 PM
    Track pad.
    11-22-14 12:37 PM
    I like the passport text selection but I believe it was still easier using the trackpad to hover around and pick the starting point. It's not night and day. It was just slightly different.
    Like 12.6442587% easier. I did the math

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-22-14 12:50 PM
    I think both are equally good, its just what you are use too!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-22-14 12:59 PM
    Trackpad by a little but I bet with an update or two, could be just as good.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 01:02 PM
    I like the passport text selection but I believe it was still easier using the trackpad to hover around and pick the starting point. It's not night and day. It was just slightly different.
    Like 12.6442587% easier. I did the math

LOL

I agree...it's "different".

I think once you get used to the PP ways, it's manageable, but ultimately I would have to say Trackpad is slightly faster.

I derived the calculations from first principles to confirm the above post....and yes, 12.6442587% faster/easier.
    11-22-14 02:54 PM
    LOL

I agree...it's "different".

I think once you get used to the PP ways, it's manageable, but ultimately I would have to say Trackpad is slightly faster.

I derived the calculations from first principles to confirm the above post....and yes, 12.6442587% faster/easier.
    LMFAO

11-22-14 03:11 PM
    i think the trackpads on on old BBOS phones beat the passport for text editing hands down still, but i'm hoping a few more updates will improve this. at the moment the sensitivity has no mechanism for adjustment either which might help - currently i find i just don't use it as a trackpad at all, i just use it for scrolling in web pages etc. Also you can only use it for text selection when you are editing. you cannot for example use it in a web page to select some text you want to copy and use in a mail for example. This HAS to change. It also has no pointer on web pages which is shame
    djbclark likes this.
    11-22-14 05:05 PM
    I think the PP's keyboard still needs some refinement, which I'm sure can and will be done over time, by OS updates.
    It is a great piece of technology, but currently still gets in the way of smooth keyboard operations from time to time. It is very easy to mistakenly make the cursor bubble appear and then it sometimes does unwanted things.
    So at the moment, I personally prefer keypads, but I am almost sure that the PP's keyboard will improve and become equally good, maybe better.
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    11-22-14 05:06 PM
    I have both a Bold 9900 and a Passport. The trackpad is still miles better than the trackboard. For me it's not even a close comparison, really. The trackpad is much more precise and easier to manipulate.

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    11-22-14 05:27 PM
    Also you can only use it for text selection when you are editing. You cannot for example use it in a web page to select some text you want to copy and use in a mail for example. This HAS to change. It also has no pointer on web pages which is shame.
    Wow, that's important, and makes me sad :-(

Being able to quickly and precisely cut and paste from web sites and other places to emails is the #1 thing I find to be annoying on my Q10.

Can people see a good technial reason for this to be the case - e.g. would being able to do this somehow get in the way of other functions while not editing? Just want another data point with which to evaluate if this is likely to be changed in the future or not.
    11-24-14 09:50 AM