I believe this is caused by the constant heat generated at the top right corner of the passport. The glue under the lcd seems to be melted thus causing the lcd to bulge out slightly.

Any same issues faced?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:37 PM
    There's been a few reports of it. Get an exchange ASAP.
    11-19-14 09:42 PM
    Saw a few reports on similar cases of lcd comming off, but have not come across same case as mine where the top right corner is bulging.

It is just very slight bulge, but afraid that it will become worse over time. When I pushed it back, it will stay for a while before bulging back again.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:49 PM
    Saw a few reports on similar cases of lcd comming off, but have not come across same case as mine where the top right corner is bulging.

It is just very slight bulge, but afraid that it will become worse over time. When I pushed it back, it will stay for a while before bulging back again.

Posted via CB10
    Get the device replaced as soon as you can. The problem will get worse.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:13 PM
    Alright. Thanks for the advise

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:34 PM
    Ouch...

Yeah, some serious CPU power can get hot :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    11-19-14 11:35 PM
    Uh ya... that's why BlackBerry welded the display to the frame with... uh... tape

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:02 AM
    How long have you got the phone, to the moment it bulged out?
    Just asking out of concern with the built quality, and as I am half a globe away from return or warranty.
    11-20-14 02:23 AM
    sold almost 50 passports and no problem yet and all happy customers
    11-20-14 02:31 AM
    Just a slight bulge for now. But worried that it might become worse as that is the part that heats up pretty much during intensive usage.have been using it since the launch in Singapore.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:53 AM
    I have had two passports since the launch day and no screen lifting issues. Sounds like an ahesive issue. Get it replaced, that's why you have a warranty.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-20-14 04:15 AM
    Over at Cupertino this would be #gluegate all over the internet.

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    11-20-14 04:19 AM
    That wouldn't stick with the BlackBerry fan club

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:21 PM
    Not that I am attached to the issue, my second Passport is keeping it together (it is winter here... still wouldn't leave it on the dashboard though)

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:26 PM
    The top right corner of my Passport is now lifting as well. I bought it when it first came out.

Wonder how Telus is going to be like to deal with for warranty.

Glad I kept my Q10 for backup.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:25 AM
    Posted CB10->BB Passport
    12-15-14 12:14 AM
    Every passport will be the same.

Every Q10 I have ever had (10) had the same problem

Do not buy any BlackBerry phones until they outsource the design and manufacture to a third party.

The only BlackBerry that is made property is the z30.

You have been warned.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:51 PM
    @ Chris
    Now what do you think about the upcoming Classic. Will it have that kind of problem?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:01 PM
    Don't know. The classic appeals to me, but will have to see it's construction.

Z10 and Z30 both have screens that are higher than the surrounding frame. Neither of these suffers from the loose screen issue.

For anyone with a Q10 or passport, charge your phone and then play biplanes.

After 15 mins your screen will move around like putty in your hands. The heat will loosen the screen and you will be able to push it down into the chassis but a few mm.

Design disaster and a sign of a company with zero idea how to implement hardware.

Shame as BlackBerry is the best OS.

Chen, get your finger out and sort this issue else you will drive BlackBerry into the ground.

Three in the UK stopped selling BlackBerry phones due to the high return rate.

The Z10 is made out of recycled toilet seats, Q10 has a screen that moves about as it is just glued in place as opposed to being locked in position by mechanical means and it appears that the passport is the same.

Z30 - used for a year now and not a single problem!

Let's see how the classic is made..

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:15 PM
    Still can't believe this is and will be an issue for all pp's

Holding out its going to be for only an unfortunate few

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:28 PM
    Well, as ChrisBP has pointet out the heat, the top right corner of Passport is where it heats up the most the Passport is in used, calling or running an app, especially an Android app. The different expansion of the material under this heat can lead to an eventual displacement of the glue. So we may see more screen lifting with time.
    12-18-14 08:41 PM
    Is the device bent at all?
    12-18-14 08:47 PM
    My screen just started lifting tonight. So now I've got battery problems and the screen is lifting. How do I contact BlackBerry? They don't respond to twitter. Z10 crashed on me, Z30 got the black screen of death and now this. It's hard to advocate for them when something continues to happen with each device.

Posted via CB10 with my Passport
    12-18-14 11:08 PM
    This was posted by me in another thread, but here it is here as well, for reference.

I've figured out that if you want proper Advance Exchange with BlackBerry, you have to email them with the problem and evidence. Calling them always results in the rep weaseling out. You deserve to get a new phone for that issue upfront.

Here is the link to the page where you can create a ticket directly with BlackBerry. This actually works really well for me. Usually they'll have you set up with an advance exchange within 2-3 days.

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/

I'm not sure if this link even existed when my screen lifted couple of months ago. I wish I knew about it if it did. I would not have had to go through so much hassle and at the end not be able to repair the phone.
    Posted via CB10
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    12-18-14 11:40 PM
    There is a thread on this, and it happened to me. I sent it in through my carrier under warranty for a repair, and they didn't even bother to repair it; BlackBerry just sent me a new one. Seems it's a manufacturer defect.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    12-19-14 01:06 AM
26 12