IMO -

1) HUB- the one stop shop consolidating all communication platforms that necessitate requiring this type of device in the first place.

2) Gestures for Productivity: after being force-fed the iPhone for 3 years, it is a breath of fresh air to swipe down, sideways, and press/hold for various actions. Repeatedly pressing a home button was beginning to drive me bananas

2) Document view/edit: I watched a review a few months back that stated the Passport can replace/become your working device and I couldn't agree more. Reading multiple pages, opening attachments, editing and resending is a breeze and I especially enjoy the reader/night viewing options on this device.

3) Speed dial & keyboard shortcuts: welcome back! After 3 years of typos and zero tactile feedback confirmation using VKB's and I'm happy to say I will never go back. Every possible key on the physical keyboard has a shortcut or speed dial assignment and it speeds up productivity substantially. Think about the time (and steps) it takes you to navigate to a contact select a number to dial, and dial out on other devices and I'm hoping you agree - there's no equivalent to the Passport.

4) Blend & NFC : sending texts messages from your computer is a great touch, but the real benefit for me is the drag and drop ease for documents, music, and pictures. The wireless connection is slick and the NFC function is fantastic for transferring photos & files to anyone with a similar device. The first time I tried the NFC function I transferred 27 photos in less than 2 minutes to another device. This would have normally required several emails to avoid exceeding size limits. So slick.

5) last but not least - WOW FACTOR - People see this device for the first time and they flat out stop in their tracks "what is that?". That's both a testament to the fact this beauty looks like it's dressed in a perfectly tailored 3 piece suit, and a backhanded slpa in the face to the Blackberry marketing team (or lack thereof). People are shocked and impressed by the screen size, picture quality and weight of the device, all very cool features. When I was looking for a new device, I stumbled upon the Passport. That's a problem in itself because this physical specimen needs to be at the top of the heap, standing out as it should. BlackBerry has a gem here, it's time it got the publicity and support it deserves.

How about you? What are your favorite elements of the Passport or Passport SE?

Happy trails.

Posted with a Passport for Productivity
    04-06-16 12:46 PM
    Agree on ALL fronts.
    04-06-16 12:59 PM
    Use an original Passport and after more than one year I am still impressed by its functionality. IMO, multitasking is one of the biggest strengths of the phone. Not that I purposely do many things at the same time, it just happens because the phone doesn't even sweat when thrown multiple tasks, all easy to navigate with the gestures and the pkb.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 01:08 PM
    Have either of you experienced the SE? I'd love to take that one for a spin!

04-06-16 01:26 PM
    It's a great device that sadly has been neglected in terms of marketing and app support. In terms of design and form-factor the Passport was the first real breakthrough phone that BlackBerry made since the original PKB bolds. The Z3, Z30, Z10 were all slab devices that looked like all the other slab devices. And the Q5 and Q10 were basically modern renditions of BlackBerry's phones of the past and really broke no new ground either.

But the Passport was different and it really caused an impact despite the limited marketing. Imagine if they put some real marketing effort behind it and then planned a Passport 2 with the choice of either BB10 or Android. The BB10 version of the Passport 2 would have continued to a square device while the Android version would have been a rectangular version basically like a big Vienna and would have been called the Passport Tall.

In fact I think the Passport name would have been a great brand to build and leverage for future devices. Passport Mini, Passport Classic (Classic 2), Passport this and Passport that. Kinda like how Samsung is doing with their Galaxy line.

Anyway, it was not to be...hopefully they'll get out of this mess and continue to offer great devices, BB10 or Android.
    04-06-16 01:35 PM
    IMO -

1) HUB- the one stop shop consolidating all communication platforms ...
    Happy trails.

Well said. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 01:55 PM
    Well you ask best features of the passport..so blackberry 10 stuff like hub isn't passport specific soooo...

SIZE...I mean.. damn!
    Keyboard - the reason we buy these phones right?!
    Screen clarity/quality
    Looks..i mean...damn!! (I admit this one is a love it or hate it)

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    04-06-16 02:00 PM
    1) Keyboard
    2) BB10 Ease Of Use and Gestures
    3) Looks like nothing else out there
    4) Hub
    5) Native Operating System

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 02:31 PM
    Speakers are really good as I listen to a lot of audiobooks
    Capacitive keyboard/shortcuts
    Battery life
    Connectivity

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:59 PM
    Specifically wrt the Passport :

- The capacitive keyboard is very handy
    - Flick typing from the keyboard
    - Incredible battery life

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:18 PM
    5? Okay.

SE:

Screen - actually see what you are working on.
    Pee Kay Bee (PKB) is the trackpad and soft keys, gestures, shortcuts, etc.
    Battery
    RAM + CPU
    Form Factor, totally sticks out from the crowd and not many have them!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:54 PM
    What I like from passport SE are :

- physical keyboard
    - the form factor, its unique and beautiful
    - battery life
    - BB 10
    - the speaker

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 05:06 PM
    Just want to add that apart from sounding good, the speakers have a stereo setup (left and right) ..

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 02:10 PM
    For me is BlackBerry Hub the top staff. It so organized, now after 4 years of using bb10 I'm still impressed with that magical feature. And like first post says, the wow effect, people just stay stuned with the size and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:14 PM
    Love the quality

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:36 PM
    All above and maybe more. Since I have the Passport SE all the other devices seems to have a boring design for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:43 PM
    6) fantastic keyboard
    7) fantastic battery
    8) excellent Bedside Mode when sitting in the charging dock (by my bedside)
    04-08-16 11:26 AM
    I have 6 top features

keyboard
    meeting mode
    file manager - ability to get files from home computer
    gestures/swiping
    quick settings
    flip to mute
    04-08-16 11:55 AM
    Is the battery not good enough for you?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:03 PM
    Slightly off topic, but is there any difference between the batteries in the standard Passport vs the Silver Edition?
    04-08-16 12:28 PM
    Agreed.
    Plus the battery life is amazing
    Premium phone that's sure to turn heads

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:38 PM
    Buildquality
    OS
    The HUB
    Size and screen
    The Weight and Balance when typing
    Outstanding keyboard