Recently, I have been knocking the Passport. I then took a chance and picked one up simply because I want to experience what the buzz was about.

Two days into having this phone, the phone just turned off and has not turned on.

I took the phone back and got the iPhone. Any one else had this issue?

Blackberry Z30
    10-26-14 06:28 PM
    Nope mine has been flawless. Sorry you had a problem.

Passport on AT&T
    10-26-14 06:54 PM
    My 4th day with Passport, and everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 06:57 PM
    Considering you started this off by saying you were knocking it before you even tried it, I'm sure you would have been looking for anything as a reason to return it and post a comment here that you bought an iPhone. Perhaps you didn't charge it and after 2 days the battery died?

Posted via CB10 on my BB PP
    10-26-14 06:59 PM
    Seems like you got a defective unit, i have not heard of this issue happening to anyone with a brand new passport.
    10-26-14 07:01 PM
    Considering you started this off by saying you were knocking it before you even tried it, I'm sure you would have been looking for anything as a reason to return it and post a comment here that you bought an iPhone. Perhaps you didn't charge it and after 2 days the battery died?

ha ha i think that's exactly what happened
    10-26-14 07:04 PM
    Assuming as the previous poster mentioned the battery was indeed fully charged, are you sure you were using the correct on/off button?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 07:05 PM
    what happened to the z30? are you keeping it?
    10-26-14 07:10 PM
    Recently, I have been knocking the Passport. I then took a chance and picked one up simply because I want to experience what the buzz was about.

Two days into having this phone, the phone just turned off and has not turned on.

Blackberry Z30
    Did anyone try calling you during the time it would not turn on?
    Where you trying to swipe to unlock screen and thus feature was disabled?
    Did you connect any online accounts - email, twitter, FB, etc - and the red led blinked at all while thinking it wasn't powering on??

Curious you either registered here after or before but did you create a thread for the community to even help you; giving the community a chance???

Either way it's your dollars, thus your choice ultimately who am I to judge I was only curious. Enjoy your new iPhone I'm sure it'll bring you piece of mind.

Cheers.

BlackBerry - Accept is no substitute. Period!
    EsJayDee and thymaster like this.
    10-26-14 07:17 PM

Haha that's a good one

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-26-14 07:19 PM
    Haha that's a good one

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    In which case one might return the iPhone because it won't turn on after using it for 5-1/2 hours.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 07:29 PM

Blackberry Z30
    If your iphone has a problem after 3 days, are you bringing it back for a Samsung?
    10-26-14 08:53 PM
    I've never had an issue like that with my Passport, and I'll certainly never have the issue of exchanging it for an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:08 PM
    Wow, a whole two days. Thats amazing! You actually gave up a work horse phone like the Blackberry Passport for an Iphone. Tells me alot.
    I bought an Iphone yesterday and today I got myself a Blackberry Passport and I am loving it.
    10-26-14 09:36 PM
    Well said. Crackberry should do a better job at screening out this kind of ????
    10-26-14 09:37 PM
    You took a chance but didn't give it a chance. Suspect you will give the iPhone more of a chance.

For anyone else reading this, why not try using this community to help you out before you give up and return your phone. The OP would be one of a few or the only one who experienced this issue. If this would have happened with his iPhone I am sure he would give it a better chance. And before the iFans spark off, every manufacturer and phone has issues.

I hope you will enjoy your iPhone as much as I am loving my PP. The PP is the most innovative phone as quoted by so many credible tech site and I would have to agree. This is one boss phone.

No issues so far. Flawless and solid.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    10-26-14 09:46 PM
    I wonder if there is going to be some improvement in these passport production runs. One would hope. Let's see the R2 version please

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:46 PM

Typical response from a BlackBerry enthusiast.

Sent from the IPhone 6 Plus
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-26-14 10:04 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue. Lucky I got it through Amazon they refunded me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-14 10:18 PM
    I have not had the issue of recently knocking the Passport, buying it, having it turn off after two days and exchanging it for an iPhone. That sounds like a really unique technical issue.

I hope to do just that second step of buying the Passport when I get the cash.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:24 PM
    This seems to have gone far enough.

OP, you can post here, if you wish: If you're leaving for another device/OS, please leave your comments here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    Remember that your Mobile Nations Passport will also give you access to the appropriate Forum. Hope you'll join the discussion there!
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-27-14 06:28 AM