Using this wonderful device on tmobile and right next to the wifi icon there is another icon that looks like the wifi calling status icon. It is grayed out which makes me assume it isnt working. I do not want/need that feature and was wondering if I could disable it. Thanks.
    01-18-16 06:05 AM
    On my Red Passport, I only see the WiFi Calling icon if I turn it on from the notification. If you want it off and gone, simply turn off WiFi and then don't agree to turn it back on when prompted.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 10:04 AM
    I'd like to disable Wifi calling, not Wifi. You are given that option in the Classic, but not in the passpor.
    01-18-16 06:32 PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear. You just turn off WiFi to disable the wifi calling icon and then turn wifi back on immediately. You should then get a notification in the Hub asking you to turn wifi calling on in settings but u ignore that notification .

The wifi calling icon only appears at the top of the screen because you turned it on at some point or agreed to using it in a notification.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 07:53 PM
    In order to disable it completely you'll have to sideload the Wifi calling control app. Search the forums on the instructions for doing it.
    01-18-16 08:15 PM
    My Wifi calling stopped working shortly after the last OS update, I was thinking no ones was working and TMO was addressing the problem???

I get, "Error: REG99 - Unable to connect"...
    01-19-16 12:05 AM
    Is this wifi calling only available in Tmobile? I'm a Vodafone UK customer and can't see any options on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 01:47 AM
    My Wifi calling stopped working shortly after the last OS update, I was thinking no ones was working and TMO was addressing the problem???

I get, "Error: REG99 - Unable to connect"...
    Wifi Calling does not work on the latest release. It's been documented and made many mentions of in these forums. In order for Wifi calling to work again you'll have to sideload the radio from the previous release.
    Soapm likes this.
    01-19-16 12:53 PM
    Is this wifi calling only available in Tmobile? I'm a Vodafone UK customer and can't see any options on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Only for T-Mobile
    01-19-16 12:53 PM
    Wifi Calling does not work on the latest release. It's been documented and made many mentions of in these forums. In order for Wifi calling to work again you'll have to sideload the radio from the previous release.
    Cool, thought it was just me... Thanks
    01-20-16 12:40 AM
    So if I have Cricket which is essentially A T & T should I buy a T MOBILE version unlocked? Would that be my only shot at getting WiFi calling, is it the best? I am planning on buying a SE edition on eBay in the next few days. I do not know which version of the SE to get though? Please, little help! Differences if any at all, they will all have the 4G/LTE, etc? I could get any version long as unlocked, even Rodgers, even though I am in the U.S.A. east coast and on the equivalent of AT 7 T in which they say the passport works fine. Best version?..

Thanks in advance, ME

PS: Now leaning toward T-MOBILES version although I never thought I would say this? Has the extra feature or had which may be able to be side-loaded, nothing else stands out from the rest of the SE PP's?... 01? 02? 03? 04? HELP!.....
    01-20-16 01:47 AM