Sorry you had problems with your Passport OP. I have had mine since launch and mine has never "let me down".

What a shame that after a mere month as a CB member you are considering switching to iPhone.

Well, perhaps the iPhone is what you need. Good luck! Sorry you'll be leaving Crackberry. (You will be leaving, right?)

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Will have to see what happens after a security wipe, and a total reset.
    If that doesn't fix the issues and bugs, then it looks like I will be changing operating systems to something more stable

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:33 AM
    Have you actually read the first post properly? Posted via CB10
    Yessir I have and utterly fail to discern any objective query therein apart from your threat to leave Blackberry because your battery performance is subpar. Though noticed you are still on older Version of OS but anyone buying Passport may have gripe about any number of issues but the performance of a battery. I do have a passport myself and ran into niggles but instead of posting threats I dig up and read about posts already made on similar queries. I paid attention to Posters who have average post count in 1000+ and offer collective Blackberry experience with problem solving running into 100 of years. I am not tech savvy and managed to almost land with a near dead device at boot sequence and resurrected it because I came here and asked for help. I had a little party with good people around every time I had issues. Ask for help and get it. Other than that nobody cares what phone you think is best for you.
    habs_fan and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-15 08:17 AM
    Closed for cleanup .... and resuming normal service

If members feel the urge to go on the attack because a relatively new member posts a problem they can expect the moderators to take robust action to uphold online etiquette. There is no excuse for attacking or deriding any member regardless of how inept you think they are.
    05-10-15 08:23 AM
    A gentle reminder seems to be needed for some of the more xenophobic members residing in the North American region, that not everyone around the world sleeps at the same time. Here's a simple guide

[warn]If there are any further attacks based on a few hours absence from any member I will have no regrets about enforcing a 3-day absence for the attacker.[/warn]
    BigAl_BB9900 and sunnys1 like this.
    05-10-15 08:50 AM
    Pressing the volume buttons together takes a screenshot...

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Continue holding after the screenshot and you will get a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:14 AM
    I unplug my phone and this beast last at least 12hours.

This is with Bluetooth streaming video and music either to my car or headset.

Watching movies saved on my phone. Surfing the net for random things to read. And playing Clash of Clans. And also using iGrann.

So something is up with your phone if it drops that much in such little time.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:43 AM
    There are instances when the phone is defective. As with any electronic device.

If after resetting and trying to remedy the problems yourself, and there is no progress, you might want to send it back for warranty instead of trying to condemn the whole platform.

If your brand new car isn't running well bring it back to the dealer. Get your money back or exchange it for another one.

I would do the same for a phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:49 AM
    Will have to see what happens after a security wipe, and a total reset.
    If that doesn't fix the issues and bugs, then it looks like I will be changing operating systems to something more stable

Posted via CB10
    A clean OS reinstall via BlackBerry Link is also a good option.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-10-15 10:57 AM
    But lately I had the same thought about changing to iPhone. Because everybody is on Airdrop and iMess. And because sometimes the Android app ain't help much, like Instagram - gains battery quickly still, while both of iGrann and Ins10 are bugging. And yeah, sometimes idk whether my phone has light sensor or not. But I truly love the keyboard, the hub, the screen ratio and everything. TT.TT My dilemma...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-10-15 11:50 AM
    I had the same thing happened to my Z30 and a factory reset fixed it. Sometimes its an app or just a bad install. Happens on all platforms I am afraid. I am ex iPhone user so I still remember it issues I had with my iPhone 4. But the iPhone plus does have a big battery as well, so you should theoretically get great battery life.

But this is def abnormal as a regular passport should not be draining like that.
    05-10-15 01:43 PM
    If OP Thinks life will be better after OS8 on Apple... good luck. You have battery issues and lag. When work stuck me with my iphone 6. First one did not fire at all... replacement was fine till I did one of the OS8 updates.,.. then phone would not longer make calls ( never would after that )... recieved my 3rd shiny Apple phone ... installed latest update and it bricked... remember... grass is never greener....
    This is actually true of the modern Apple. Both iOS 8 and OS X leave a lot to be desired in terms of stability. I used to love Apple, but only because of how stable and reliable their stuff was. I'm currently running a mix of Win8.1 and Debian in a desktop environment. And I use an old mac laptop with the latest version of OS X. It runs well for about a month or two before I install a clean OS again.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:48 PM
    OP have you tried seeing if there is a stuck "account" that keeps on trying to sync. That's one of the reasons why most people in the forum suggests not restoring from backup after a full restore.

I once had my calendar account (synced with google) stuck for a few days. So I just removed my Google account did a hard reset (volume up and down) then added my Google account back in. After adding my Google account I checked in the settings to see if the calendar account is ok. CPU went up for a while as it was syncing my mails and calendars but after a while it settled in and CPU System already went down.

By the way my Google account Has a two step verification, thus I use an application specific/generated password for this. Application specific password apparently (maybe) cannot be transferred from one phone to another so I just generated a new one in my Google account. Same is true for other accounts that have application specific password.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:27 PM
    Then it is your retailer who is your warranty liaison to BlackBerry. Either way you have options...unless you chose to buy from an online retailer who is a shady operator. I would think most reputable online retailers must have support options for their customers. You have some work to do.
    05-10-15 08:56 PM
    Was due an upgrade on my phone contract, so started looking at phone reviews online. Saw the passport was supposed to be a phone with really good battery life so I decided to get one. My carrier unfortunately doesn't stock blackberry's at all, so I had to go out and buy one outright.

I've had it for over a month now and all I can say is how disappointed I am with it. The battery is pretty bad take this for example:
    Attachment 351908
    All I done was read a few forums posts. I haven't got android on it, tried uninstalling apps etc but no avail still a terrible battery life. Contacted blackberry via twitter and all they did was paste me a link on how to use battery saving mode.

The browser is still laggy and buggy with flickering. There is occasional lag and it doesn't feel smooth at all. I've had several occasions where I can't close an app because it won't register the swipe upward motion. Notications on lockscreen are intermittent at best, sometimes they show you the info by clicking on them and sometimes you dont.
    There's a lot of niggles, and unfortunately it let's the phone down as a whole. The lack of call blocking features and some features not being available further makes the situation worse.

Gone are the days where blackberry used to be seen as a reliable phone against all the buggy android and apple phones, now it's become the bottom of the pile I'm afraid to say. For such a supposed premium phone, it's just too flawed and let down by the lack of bug testing and the poor/ very limited support.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 takes battery to settle. Give it a week. It takes time for the battery life to settle. The OS learns the battery. I got a Passport for my uncle and he had the same problem, I told him to give it a few days. You do the same.
    05-11-15 02:17 AM
64 123