Do you still have both? I started a thread regarding using original screen protectors on the AT&T version. I'm questioning whether or not where the top speaker ends and where the camera begins are the same distance apart on both? I would think so, but now I'm not so sure.

Thought worse case I'd just have to trim the top corners. My mom has a terrible requirement for a mirror protector which I bought, but it is for the original and has a top speaker cutout and just a small hole for the front camera which I wasn't really expecting as it's much different than the various protectors I have for the original.

I'm hoping that the speaker cutout and camera cutout align as this particular protector only has a small cutout for just the camera and covers the LED. Figured I'd try to reach out to those that have both. Trying my best to get this damn phone! Been so frustrated with the redesign!

I have the original, but unfortunately that can't be purchased on contract for $199 and my mom is already paying contact price to keep unlimited data. Thanks if you still have both or if anyone does and can help out.

Would love to go to AT&T and get a new Passport asap lol... curious to see what my AT&T experience will be like!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:06 AM
    I just wanted to update everyone since I said I would. I was about to forgo the AT&T version altogether because Link would not transfer my texts. I ended up buying an app that transferred everything (for the most part) and I've been using the AT&T version for about 2.5 weeks now.

I ended up selling my original Passport. I do miss the look and feel of the original Passport (it's just beautiful), but the wireless charging, improved balance, and better keyboard experience on the AT&T version sucked me in.
    04-28-15 11:32 PM
    I just wanted to update everyone since I said I would. I was about to forgo the AT&T version altogether because Link would not transfer my texts. I ended up buying an app that transferred everything (for the most part) and I've been using the AT&T version for about 2.5 weeks now.

I ended up selling my original Passport. I do miss the look and feel of the original Passport (it's just beautiful), but the wireless charging, improved balance, and better keyboard experience on the AT&T version sucked me in.
    Thanks for the update! The device switch app is free and allows you to choose what you want to transfer including SMS. I used this switching my mom to the AT&T Passport. I agree with your points having both in the house as well.

For me, I'm sticking with the original for sure. Just love the design although the AT&T version has some benefits as you listed. Both are great so you really can't go wrong either way... just preference. Enjoy the AT&T version!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:03 AM
    The device switch app is free and allows you to choose what you want to transfer including SMS. I used this switching my mom to the AT&T Passport. I agree with your points having both in the house as well.
    I tried the device switch app, it kept transferring the threads so I would have two for each contact: one with all my replies, and one with all there's. It was getting really irritating, so I just buckled down and spent $1.99.

Yes, I really do love the original passport for the looks, but this just seems to be a better user experience. Grrrr, I don't know

You didn't feel that the keyboard was that much better to warrant a switch? I am considerably more accurate and faster with the AT&T.
    04-29-15 12:35 AM
    This is just my opinion and no doubt someone will want to flame me BUT the rounded Passport looks goofy.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    04-29-15 01:11 AM
    This is just my opinion and no doubt someone will want to flame me BUT the rounded Passport looks goofy.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Dude, I totally agree with you. Every day I look at my AT&T Passport and honestly think "Man, the original looks so much better." But then I realize that there are some concrete functional benefits (in my opinion) that this version has over the original.

Compromises in either direction. Have you used the AT&T version?
    04-29-15 01:16 AM
    I tried the device switch app, it kept transferring the threads so I would have two for each contact: one with all my replies, and one with all there's. It was getting really irritating, so I just buckled down and spent $1.99.

Yes, I really do love the original passport for the looks, but this just seems to be a better user experience. Grrrr, I don't know

You didn't feel that the keyboard was that much better to warrant a switch? I am considerably more accurate and faster with the AT&T.
    The keyboard definitely feels better right out of the box than the original, but I really love the design of the original. The keyboard itself seemed nicer, the extra chin is beneficial, don't really use the wireless charging so not a big deal for me, the port for the USB is designed much better, and overall I just felt the AT&T version was built better/more solid. The originals I have are both solid as well though and I really love the design and since I usually buy outright just couldn't justify the extra on the AT&T version when for me the pros and cons of both = an even split.

My mom is loving the AT&T version though and I like that I can play around with it whenever it's sitting around. One more thing to note on the original is the extra bands. Not sure if the AT&T version has them all or just what is needed for the AT&T network. Overall, it was a wash for me so I'm staying with the original, but I can definitely see those that would prefer the AT&T version especially if they are a fan of the looks as well. This was my drawback in comparison to the original. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Enjoy!
    04-29-15 11:33 AM
    Is the ATT version made in China? Unlocked is from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:53 PM
    Is the ATT version made in China? Unlocked is from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Made in Mexico, �andale andele arriba arriba!
    05-01-15 11:26 PM
34 12