I'm just about to unbox the AT&T version. Ask now or forever hold your peace.
    04-06-15 02:14 PM
    Does the main board for the original model fit in the new housing are there any new connections?

In Squircle I Trust
    04-06-15 02:15 PM
    Curious

Posted via CB10
    allmotorsi likes this.
    04-06-15 02:18 PM
    Does the main board for the original model fit in the new housing are there any new connections?

In Squircle I Trust
    Pretty sure your question involves opening both devices and swapping mobos? Not a chance.
    04-06-15 02:28 PM
    How's the typing experience on the att version compared to the original?

Sent from my Passport
    04-06-15 09:45 PM
    That I say which is better than AT & T or Original. I think that Blackberry will sell soon Redesigned AT & T
    04-06-15 09:51 PM

In Squircle I Trust
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 09:59 PM
    Question: "Is AT&T unlimited data plan is really unlimited?"

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:07 PM
    You may answer OP but I think the keyboard is softer and a much better typing experience. The rounded corners fit better in your hand. I had both and the AT&T Version is my preference.
    Also you can charge with Qi wireless (case off) for $5.95 and free shipping. Mine works well
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=M8a5jYiZ

For those deciding between an Unlocked/AT&T Passport, I have both right now. Ask me your questions.-th.jpg

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    04-06-15 10:09 PM
    I initiated an unlock request with AT&T because I'm not an AT&T customer, although they really gave me the runaround.

I'm not going to stick my SIM in (Cricket) until the unlock goes through because even though I'm not an AT&T customer directly, Cricket is AT&T so I don't know what would happen. I'm going to use it as my daily driver for a few weeks after I unlock it to see if I want to stick with it.

First impressions: It feels a slight bit "cheaper" to me, I don't know why. Briefly typing on it I do feel the additional chin space lends to a better typing experience. The device just feels a lot bigger even though it's only a tad taller and thicker. On the regular passport, your finger glides smoothly from the glass to the edges of the device. On this AT&T version, you can feel the lip of the frame when sliding from the glass. It does feel more comfortable holding it in your hands. Wireless charging is awesome as expected. The screen is quite a bit brighter than my red unlocked passport, and the swipe up to unlock registers every time compared to the other where I sometimes have to do it twice.

I will give this a few weeks once I unlock it to make my final decision, and if I want to get rid of it I'll offload it for $550 if anyone wants it.
    04-06-15 10:28 PM
    You don't need it to be unlocked to work with Cricket. Just plug in and play. I'm using an AT&T Classic locked on Cricket right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:36 PM
    You don't need it to be unlocked to work with Cricket. Just plug in and play. I'm using an AT&T Classic locked on Cricket right now.

Posted via CB10
    I know, I just said Cricket is AT&T in my previous posts. I jump around a lot and it's nice to have an unlocked device. Can't hurt resale value either.
    04-06-15 10:37 PM
    True, very true

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 09:24 AM
    Can you Plz post comparison pics of the devices? Also can't wait to hear your final decision, I'm in the same boat

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:30 AM
    Can you Plz post comparison pics of the devices? Also can't wait to hear your final decision, I'm in the same boat

Posted via CB10
    What specifically would you like to see?
    04-07-15 11:50 AM
    nvm i did some research and found pics i was looking for, also found an att store that has one in stock, planning on purchasing today and doing my own little comparison with my red unlocked one. thanks!
    04-07-15 12:14 PM
    just got back from the att store with my new passport, immediately fell in love with it. definitely returning my red one
    04-07-15 03:07 PM
    just got back from the att store with my new passport, immediately fell in love with it. definitely returning my red one
    Interesting. The decision was that quick for you huh? How would you compare to my first impressions from post #10?
    04-07-15 03:16 PM
    Do you want to sell the red one?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:26 PM
    I paid 675 with overnight shipping and tax for my red one so I'll just do a full refund from amazon. The att version feels a slight more hollowed, given that it's thicker and the keys feels a lot softer. As far as comfort the att version feels a lot better in my hands. The screen is brighter and more responsive as you mentioned. Over all I like the way it looks and feels, well everything besides the att logo on the rear lol

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:33 PM
    Another one for the Amazon deal center... Somebody will get a good deal on it....
    04-07-15 03:39 PM
    Over all I like the way it looks and feels, well everything besides the att logo on the rear lol
    I'm going to give it a chance and use it once it's unlocked, since I bought it afterall, but I do personally like the look of the OG Passport more than the AT&T version. But when I just pick up the AT&T version and start typing, I type so much faster and more accurately.

So I guess in the end, it's going to be a decision whether I want to sacrifice better usability for what looks better, in my opinion. We'll see!
    04-07-15 03:55 PM
    Just unlocked it with free code from AT&T. They said it would take 2 days, but it took them 3.

If the AT&T website throws you an IMEI not found error, do not succumb to their BS when they tell you there's nothing they can do. Explain that new legislature requires them to unlock and keep calling back until you get an agent who knows what they're talking about. They'll escalate a claim, give you a case number, and will take down your email. They'll email you the code directly.

Code worked fine.
    04-09-15 09:47 PM
    For those deciding between an Unlocked/AT&T Passport, I have both right now. Ask me your questions.-img_20150409_210401_edit.png
    Worked great

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    04-09-15 10:57 PM
    I have both the Original since Oct and ATT version since March 28. Noticed the softer keys push, and smoother edges. It did take me a while to copy everything over Contacts and Texts etc. In addition AT&T did take an hour on Advanced Tech support to make sure that LTE was on. Originally, LTE did not show up, and required Tech support to enable it. I had it from day 1 on the original, without tech support needed. Apart from that have been using the At&T version for a couple of weeks. The only thing that I've noticed is the speaker sound on the original is a bit more clearer than the At&T one, which sounds just slightly less clearer. If I didn't have the original, first, I probably wouldn't have noticed any difference. To be clear, the speakers sound really good on the AT&T compared to other phones. I use the speaker most of the time. I also see that on the AT&T version it doesn't have LTE band 13, versus the original. I'm going to stay with the AT&T version. even though I was happy with the original. One other thing is that the AT&T version is easier to grip, and seems smaller looking, but that's because the original has a steel frame, and is very solid construction.. There is no accounting for peoples tastes. But once I saw the AT&T in the store, I wanted it
    even though, I already ahd the original. It helped that I was off contract and re-upped for 2 years at the $199 price
    04-11-15 03:07 AM
34 12