Ask now or forever hold your peace.
    03-28-15 02:48 PM
    What is your favourite colour?

Valid Passport!
    A_Aviator_A likes this.
    03-28-15 03:03 PM
    Does the red back feel rubbery like the black back?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:05 PM
    Why did you get both?
    03-28-15 03:09 PM
    What is your favourite colour?
    I usually default to black (even though it's actually not a color =p), but I do think the red with black trim is very nice on the Passport. Black looks classier, red looks bold and cool.

Does the red back feel rubbery like the black back?
    No, its pretty slippery and feels like a matte TPU case if I had to describe it. Black is much grippier, but shows fingerprints more.
    Last edited by Poi25; 03-28-15 at 03:43 PM.
    03-28-15 03:12 PM
    Do you find any difference in how the keyboards feel? Is the tactile feedback the same? Space keys feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:39 PM
    Why did you get both?
    Originally got the black to see if I wanted to switch to BB from Android, then just got this red this week (bought both used) to see which one I liked better. Was also considering a color swap to make an all black but it seems like switching the frets between the keyboard might not end nicely.
    03-28-15 03:39 PM
    Do you find any difference in how the keyboards feel? Is the tactile feedback the same? Space keys feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    So I think this is going be a hard one to answer because I think the variation in keyboard experience is due to small variation in manufacturing. With that said, I personally find it a bit easier to type on the red passport.

The red coating allows my fingers to slide along the keys faster. The red one I have also seems to click each key with a tad less force than my black one.

I think the only factor that may be constant between devices is the feel of the coating. I think everything else is a lottery.

Keyboards feel the same to me.
    03-28-15 04:16 PM
    So I think this is going be a hard one to answer because I think the variation in keyboard experience is due to small variation in manufacturing. With that said, I personally find it a bit easier to type on the red passport.

The red coating allows my fingers to slide along the keys faster. The red one I have also seems to click each key with a tad less force than my black one.

I think the only factor that may be constant between devices is the feel of the coating. I think everything else is a lottery.

Keyboards feel the same to me.
    Ahhh ok I was just checking. I would have answered the same if somebody asked me. I played around with both colors and noticed the same things. I just wanted a second opinion. I may buy a red one in the near future. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-28-15 05:16 PM
    I've had both as well. Prefer the Red just looks so much better. Got lots of compliments on it and even people with the Black Passport thought the Red looked better and preferred it.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 05:53 PM
    OP, have you confirmed switching to BlackBerry 10 from Android? Which color generates more reaction from other people when they see you hold it in your hand?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:41 PM
    I'd like to add a red Passport to my collection and use it with the black hard shell case (oem)

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:45 PM
    I've had the black passport, then the white and now the red passport. The Red is my favorite and I agree that the keys are easier. I also bought a black OEM case and oh man, the combination looks HOT. #bb4Life

Posted via CB10
    kekos and wyrdfool like this.
    03-29-15 06:44 AM
    I also bought a black OEM case and oh man, the combination looks HOT.
    photos please ?
    03-29-15 06:46 AM
    You should put up a photo for all of us to see how awesome this combo is??!!??

I've had the black passport, then the white and now the red passport. The Red is my favorite and I agree that the keys are easier. I also bought a black OEM case and oh man, the combination looks HOT. #bb4Life

Posted via CB10
    kekos likes this.
    03-29-15 06:52 AM
    All Black Passport? That's something you'd have to create yourself, I guess.
    Be nice if they were selling one as well.
    The AT&T version would look nice in all black.

Originally got the black to see if I wanted to switch to BB from Android, then just got this red this week (bought both used) to see which one I liked better. Was also considering a color swap to make an all black but it seems like switching the frets between the keyboard might not end nicely.
    03-29-15 06:55 AM
    Between 'black' and 'red' passports, who is the one getting more attention from ladies?
    kekos and A_Aviator_A like this.
    03-29-15 09:54 AM
    Between 'black' and 'red' passports, who is the one getting more attention from ladies?
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:59 AM
    OP, have you confirmed switching to BlackBerry 10 from Android? Which color generates more reaction from other people when they see you hold it in your hand?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I took the plunge and said goodbye to android as my smartphone OS. Was a big deal for me considering I develop and constantly, hacked android, and was heavily invested in Google's ecosystem using a GV number as my main number and everything. I do think at this point that this is the best smartphone made to date.

I think either color generates reaction, but the red obviously draws the eye in faster, just the nature of the color.

If your smartphone is the means of picking up the ladies, maybe you should address some other areas of your life =P

And yes, I've come to the conclusion it's for sure easier to type on the red passport.
    wyrdfool likes this.
    03-29-15 12:37 PM
    Red Passport looks awesome but It would be nicer if letters on the keys could have been black, not white. What's your opinion?
    03-29-15 12:59 PM
    Red Passport looks awesome but It would be nicer if letters on the keys could have been black, not white. What's your opinion?
    If they were able to make black lettering that transmitted the same intensity of light without upping the juice of the backlight, I think that would have definitely looked better. In bright light the letters get a yellowish tint to them being white on red.

Overall, not nearly a deal breaker.
    03-29-15 03:08 PM