Hello everyone,

About a month ago, I had a difficult decision to make. Buy a new phone, I was upgrading from a Note 2.

Now my deciaion was between a Note 4 and a Passport, as you probably guess it I went with the Note 4. Now this phone is great but since lo g ago I've been missing the hardware keyboard on a phone and thought I could do without it again but a month have passed and I lurked this forum and realized that I wanted to be part of this BB10 vibe I can feel here and use this producitivy power horse tool called the hub.

Now my decision ia pretty much made, I want to get back on the Blackberry boat I know much of the android apps I want should work fine on the passport beside Hangouts but I have one or two questions for you guys.:

-Does the android Logmein app work (not rescue) but the one to remotly control pcs and macs.

-Anyone tried the HG10 app that's being built for Hangouts compatibility? How's it?

-Should I get a Blackberry Passport? Really?

Thank for your input... I just now need tomfind a good deal, the Note 4 wasn't cheap and this one won't be too.

P. S. After previewing this post I realize how many typos I'm doing with this stupid touch keyboard... I'm going to leave this like that to remember why I considering thia switch!
    01-06-15 07:01 PM
    Well, I can't answer your Android questions, but I say yes to Passport for you. Come back from your long nightmare and be welcomed home to Blackberry, where you belong. The light in the window is always on for you and others.
    01-06-15 07:21 PM
    I had a Note 2, then an S4 and now the Passport. The Passport is the best hands own. I type better on that then on my crappy wireless keyboard that I control my Mac with. Make the switch. You won't regret it at all. I do heavy texting, emails, presentations, a lot of reading, a lot of taking calls via speakerphone in my med room and multi-tasking (trying to find a med details while talking to a pharmacist)...things that would be such a pain to do on a touch screen phone with onscreen keyboard. Hands down the best multitasking device ever.
    01-06-15 08:06 PM
    Come back, fast! i ordered my red Passport and in the mail tomorrow. can't wait for it. Using a Nexus 5 (good phone but the touchscreen and Android experience awful) for a year.
    finally back o the good side. I rarely ever get angry because of technical issues, but typing on a touchscreen brought me on the edge of trowing my phone on the wall.

I can't wait to get the Passport in my hand and hope its even better then my beloved 9900. I still use it sometimes just because of the feel, hahahaha
    anon(4880485) likes this.
    01-06-15 08:40 PM
    Get the passport.

It's the most competitive device BlackBerry ever produced. As far as industry standards the passport is right up there with the high end segment with below as highlights.

1.Splendid screen quality
    2.More content viewing friendly
    3.Innovative keyboard which is actually useful once it learn your writing pattern. Once it learns then what you all need to do is just swipe up in keyboard and you can write on and on
    4.Good battery life
    5.Solid build quality

Downfall

1.Buggy stock 10.3 OS,but not a deal breaker
    2.Average camera
    3.A bit heavy if you compare other light devices

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:08 AM
    I'm liking my Passport. I like the touch sensitive keyboard a lot. I like a lot of what it offers including Blend. Camera software definitely needs an update. I used the camera for about 2 hours solid today and while the battery lasted, the phone did start to heat up a bit and the focus seemed to be taking longer to adjust. Hoping to see this updated in a software update.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    01-07-15 12:22 AM
    I used a Galaxy S5 in between all of my other devices. It's a cool phone, love all the features but the only thing I hated was typing on it!

I text, email, and write a ton on forums and that reason alone has kept a BlackBerry close by. The Passport is awesome! I am comparing the Classic and Passport right now and the Passport is a straight powerhouse!

It's only a hair slower than my S5 when running Android apps and that's pretty impressive imo.

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-07-15 12:48 AM
    Thanks for all the comments, but could I ask anyone to try out the logmein android for me? That would be my main concern as I have to use it multiple times daily. That would pretty much be my dealbreaker
    01-07-15 06:46 AM
    Thinking of getting back with you Blackberry guys-img_20150107_074902.png

I don't have a Logmein account or anything to verify full functionality but this is what Logmein downloaded via Snap looks like.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    01-07-15 06:49 AM
    I'm happy typing with my passport knowing I've less typo error and the hardware is more reliable than my miserable Note2. Never regret dumping my note 2....

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:09 AM
    Hello everyone,

About a month ago, I had a difficult decision to make. Buy a new phone, I was upgrading from a Note 2.

Now my deciaion was between a Note 4 and a Passport, as you probably guess it I went with the Note 4. Now this phone is great but since lo g ago I've been missing the hardware keyboard on a phone and thought I could do without it again but a month have passed and I lurked this forum and realized that I wanted to be part of this BB10 vibe I can feel here and use this producitivy power horse tool called the hub.

Now my decision ia pretty much made, I want to get back on the Blackberry boat I know much of the android apps I want should work fine on the passport beside Hangouts but I have one or two questions for you guys.:

-Does the android Logmein app work (not rescue) but the one to remotly control pcs and macs.

-Anyone tried the HG10 app that's being built for Hangouts compatibility? How's it?

-Should I get a Blackberry Passport? Really?

Thank for your input... I just now need tomfind a good deal, the Note 4 wasn't cheap and this one won't be too.

P. S. After previewing this post I realize how many typos I'm doing with this stupid touch keyboard... I'm going to leave this like that to remember why I considering thia switch!
    Currently their is a security block logging into and accessing hangouts! That was one android port that still does not work. However, if you can explain in more detail your usage with hangouts maybe someone on CB can help you and point you into the right area!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:46 AM
    Thanks smiledahling, at, least I know the app starts!
    01-07-15 08:14 AM
    Currently their is a security block logging into and accessing hangouts! That was one android port that still does not work. However, if you can explain in more detail your usage with hangouts maybe someone on CB can help you and point you into the right area!

Posted via CB10
    Hello cellphonejunkey,

I'm a huge Google services user, I know, I know! But I think for every services I'll be ok my only concern was Hangouts.

That said I'm following the work on HG10 by Amonchakai and the features he currently has seems to be ok for me, maybe the only thing that I would sometimes miss for now would be group chat.

Not that I don't like BBM but all my contacts are using Hangouts(that's actually impressive) and my business uses Google Apps. So, yeah I'll need this but the third party apps should be fine.

If I do get my hands on a Passport I'll probably be thinkering with the Gapps too but a head start is always great.

Thanks,
    01-07-15 08:39 AM
    I love my Passport however I can't speak to the apps you are asking about. I can say the ones that I have used via snap work great. They run much faster on the Passport than the did on my old Z30. The three row keyboard tales some getting used to but once you do I think you'll love it. The Passport is a great phone for my use. Web experience is second to none and the productivity is excellent in my world. It is my go to device for about everything.

Passport on AT&T
    01-07-15 08:42 AM
    I talk to a few people on Google Hangouts, but instead I use Google Talk from the Passport and Classic. Works fine just can't get pics for some reason?

My business also runs on a Apple/Android app, and works 100% perfect on my BlackBerry devices using Snap. It's just a hair slower which is no big deal...

01-07-15 09:28 AM
    Jump in, the water's great!
    01-07-15 12:20 PM
    Jump in, the water's great!
    Will probably do, I'm just waiting for a good deal to come up, I've pretty much wasted my upgrade on my Note 4 :s
    01-07-15 01:27 PM
    Will probably do, I'm just waiting for a good deal to come up, I've pretty much wasted my upgrade on my Note 4 :s
    Are you going to get a Classic or Passport?

Keep an eye in the Marketplace, some good deals there...

01-07-15 02:08 PM
    Passport... had a Note 2 and Note 4 I can't go back to small screens!
    01-07-15 02:53 PM
    Passport... had a Note 2 and Note 4 I can't go back to small screens!
    Sweet! I had the Note 2 and 3 before. Awesome battery, just too hard to text (errors) but I loved swype!!! It just felt like I always had to proof read everything after I wrote it when using Android devices.

I like the Passport a lot better.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:58 PM
    Hello again everyone,

I've got one big question (a final one probably depending on the answer ! )

If I buy a sealed locked Passport from a provider (Telus), do I have to have the phone activated first with the original provider to then have it unlocked? Or do I just have to unlock it and that's all? (by unlocking I mean using one of the unlocking services online)

Thank you all for your replies !
    01-09-15 09:11 AM
    i just tried logmein for you...opened up my xbmc on my home computer and playing sponge bob square pants without a problem.
    01-09-15 10:53 AM
    i just tried logmein for you...opened up my xbmc on my home computer and playing sponge bob square pants without a problem.
    Cool! Thanks for the effort its appreciated!
    01-09-15 12:05 PM
    Just to let you guys know that I found one and will be getting it next week, until then I'll be lurking the forums and setting up my list of the things I need to get on this new toy... I mean tool! Happy to be back in the family!
    01-09-15 05:57 PM