Don't get me wrong, the browsing, typing and the overall experience in the blackberry passport are one of the best on the market. But is odd when I have to take it off my pants, open my wallet case just to check a whatsapp message, or to take a picture. The classic due to his compact size would make this all easier. My concern is the classic "power" and how it would deal with my routine ( since I'm a student I browse a lot, send and receive tons of pictures, email and messaging ). Anyone who had the two devices can tell me how was the changing experience and if this really worth it ?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:00 AM
    To each his own, but I think you're nuts if you switch.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:41 PM
    I tried a Classic for about two days and sent it back. Couldn't get the Sim out fast enough. Missed my PP so much. The touch enabled keyboard is so much better than the track pad. Along with the size of the screen, everything about the PP is better. But some people just can't get use to the size of the PP. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-01-15 02:51 PM
    I recently got a Classic (had to have that blue!) and have owned a Passport since its release. The compact size of the Classic is nice, but once I start using it, especially for web browsing/reading/viewing pictures, I REALLY miss the Passport screen.

I thought I'd prefer the four-row keyboard of the Classic, but the Passport feels so much more efficient to me now with the hybrid screen/physical keyboard. I also miss the touch-keyboard of the Passport while using the Classic.

The only thing the Classic has on the Passport is the size. But as I said above, that also works against it.
    I don't use the trackpad as much as I thought I would as the touch-keyboard does everything I use the trackpad for and is in a more convenient location.

In the end, I have been completely spoiled by the Passport and I would not give it up for the Classic if I could only have one. The Passport CAN be a little annoying to carry around at times due to the size, but it more than makes up for it when it is actually being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-01-15 02:54 PM
    I have both. Carry the one that best fits the day. The PP speed and screen are amazing. The portability and end/send are just as amazing on the Classic.

BleedBlk-
    08-01-15 02:55 PM
    I sold my PP and bought Classic. After a week I bought again PP. There is no basis for comparison between the two devices.

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz and phantomtech like this.
    08-01-15 03:12 PM
    It's really about size and whether you can handle the larger Passport with the advantages it brings. The Classic is a worthy competitor though.
    08-01-15 03:37 PM
    I have and love the Passport. However. I, too, find it rather large sometimes. I started using my Z10 as my 'phone' and carry my Passport around as my main "messaging" device through the mobile hotspot function of the Zed.

I think I will get a data-only Sim card and use that with my Passport so that it is constantly connected. Who knows, after I do that, I might even start using my old Torch again as my "phone" in anticipation of the new slider!

Personally, I never thought of using two devices but it makes a lot of sense with the intended use of the Passport. It's like my mini-computer and I don't really need it to double as my phone.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-01-15 04:16 PM
    Do what I did and keep both. Classic for spring and summer months as it's more pocket friendly.

Passport for colder months that you can keep it in a blazer or jacket.

Having both really makes you a better professional and secretly envied by the forum users.
    yueytan, RWB3325 and gallopiton like this.
    08-01-15 04:24 PM
    Do what I did and keep both. Classic for spring and summer months as it's more pocket friendly.

Passport for colder months that you can keep it in a blazer or jacket.

Having both really makes you a better professional and secretly envied by the forum users.
    Unfortunately I live in Brazil, there's no "colder months"

The main reason I bought pp was for his handling with Web browser + reading otg but recently I bought a kindle voyage and to keep this huge device just for messaging seems like a waste

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 04:59 PM
    I still say get both.
    08-01-15 05:01 PM
    Yep get both I got the classic as a backup

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 05:06 PM
    I have both devices and the Passport by far is the superior device. Give it time you will get use to it.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 06:59 PM
    Unfortunately I live in Brazil, there's no "colder months"

The main reason I bought pp was for his handling with Web browser + reading otg but recently I bought a kindle voyage and to keep this huge device just for messaging seems like a waste

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you got your needs covered then.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:19 PM
    I love the idea of having both. Can anyone attest to how the Passport and Sim tray hold up with constant swapping between the Classic? Referring to 3 to 5 swaps a week. Also be good to know if you also relogin into BBM each time.

My passport has a Vaja Grip case and the idea of constantly removing the case and prying off the back cover of the passport is my concern.

 Passport via CB10
    08-01-15 09:54 PM
    To each his own, but I think you're nuts if you switch.

Posted via CB10
    I second that, but I'm considering switching to
    the Z30 from the BBP due to its slimmer size.
    I wanna see if the "Dallas Passport"will be slimmer
    than the original BBP,it may be the best of both worlds
    08-01-15 11:20 PM
    I have and love the Passport. However. I, too, find it rather large sometimes. I started using my Z10 as my 'phone' and carry my Passport around as my main "messaging" device through the mobile hotspot function of the Zed.

I think I will get a data-only Sim card and use that with my Passport so that it is constantly connected. Who knows, after I do that, I might even start using my old Torch again as my "phone" in anticipation of the new slider!

Personally, I never thought of using two devices but it makes a lot of sense with the intended use of the Passport. It's like my mini-computer and I don't really need it to double as my phone.

I've dabled with that idea for the Z30 and the BBP.
    Can't cope with using two different phones particularly
    when my laptop is my primary communicating device.
    I believe coping with the comprimises that come with the BBP is the way to go.
    08-01-15 11:30 PM
    If you are student, chances are, you are always having a handbag. And bringing BlackBerry Passport on a daily basis should not be an issue for you...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 11:50 PM
    Don't get me wrong, the browsing, typing and the overall experience in the blackberry passport are one of the best on the market. But is odd when I have to take it off my pants, open my wallet case just to check a whatsapp message, or to take a picture. The classic due to his compact size would make this all easier. My concern is the classic "power" and how it would deal with my routine ( since I'm a student I browse a lot, send and receive tons of pictures, email and messaging ). Anyone who had the two devices can tell me how was the changing experience and if this really worth it ?

Posted via CB10
    Gustavo, I am using a PP and also think that the size is a little bit big. But when I get to try a Classic at the shop, I believe it is not a good trade off for the convenience of device size. PP is better than all aspects: battery, screen, fast and especially - it is special and unique that all other brands (ios, android, win phone) have to stay aside of it .
    Nothing is perfect so let's adapt to the best with what you've got.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did just that a few weeks ago to try it out and although I liked the classic format of the toolbelt and the full bb keyboard. I didn't like how sluggish it was, less screen space, and less than desireable battery life.These are the most important features I have gotten use to on the Passport. You can't compare the two devices and they are defiantely for two different crowds. I used the Classic all of about a few days and switched back. I have a new found appreciation for the screen size with the Passport.

I listen to a lot of tunes on my bb devices and oddly up/down volume controls worked on my in ear headset mic with the Classic. I use either a Beats urbeats or Klipsch x7i iem's.
    08-02-15 08:28 AM
    I own both. Classic is a "street device", ideal for one hand use (thanks to trackpad and size).

Passport is a "desktop device". Great screen, powerful, innovative, but not a "street device"

Different scenario, different device. Both great.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-02-15 08:55 AM
    Exactly! I see my pp more as a "mini computer" than as a phone

Posted via CB10
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    08-02-15 09:03 AM
    Lol!OP dont do it.ive tried to switch twice to BlackBerry Classic,major fail.

Passport has way better battery and specs.

From my point of view tough.

Sent via my BlackBerryElite.
    08-02-15 09:06 AM
    Exactly! I see my pp more as a "mini computer" than as a phone

Posted via CB10
    Exactly this

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:25 AM
    Lol!OP dont do it.ive tried to switch twice to BlackBerry Classic,major fail.

Passport has way better battery and specs.

From my point of view tough.

Sent via my BlackBerryElite.
    Maybe you but not everyone. I find the Classic the perfect on the go communication device. See, we all have different viewpoints.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:54 AM
46 12