Few things that is driving me crazy and I hope/wish that bb10 team address them.

1. LinkedIn notifications never rcv them on time and sometimes they are not even rcvd. I just sent a reply to one of the messages using the Hub and I just noticed that there is an x red icon placed beside my message (what the hell does that x red icon means).
    2. Android apps never plays nicely or never functions the way they should. I am not even talking about google services. Example: Starbucks
    3. Notifications in general are the best experience. Example: twitter native app doesn't even push notifications. So I had to grab 3rd party app twittly. While twittly is ok it still requires lots of improvement. And who knows if twitter chooses not to use 3rd party apps and it will shuut down.
    4. Instagram doesn't exist and a side load is required but again never works the way it should. Therefore another 3rd party app like inst10 is required.

My point is that the most popular apps don't work properly and that requires workarounds. I bought a BlackBerry to increase my productivity not just send emails and messages which is the only powerful feature the passport offer. I can keep going but honestly we are in 2015 were workarounds for main apps are not the way to go. I love my passport but soon I will have to look else where. What say you?

Posted via CB10
    fabio984 and FinnBerry like this.
    07-06-15 05:54 AM
    1. Red X Most likely means it failed to send.

2. It's a Extra Layer running on top of a full OS, how the heck can you expect it to run perfectly, you have to remember it's a emulator, it can't do everything, especially if Apps use deep Android integration.

3. Not BlackBerry or the Passports fault, Twitter make the BB10 Twitter App

4. Again, not BlackBerry or the Passports fault, Instagram don't want to make a BB10 App, blame them, it's their choice.

Frankly, you're just moaning about problems which you should have known about before buying the Passport, BB10 is not a normal user "gimmie appz" OS.
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 07-06-15 at 06:56 AM.
    07-06-15 06:29 AM
    Yes I agree with your comments however I am just saying that basic apps should function properly (twitter, linkedin...). I don't really care who is responsible about it I am just saying these apps should work. Again I love my passport and I love the hub but those basic things makes me not productive.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 06:49 AM
    give your passport to me, then buy android device. done.

Posted via CB10
    zack west and shakur_steve1 like this.
    07-06-15 07:02 AM
    give your passport to me, then buy android device. done.

Posted via CB10
    Why not to me?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 07:18 AM
    1. Red X Most likely means it failed to send.

2. It's a Extra Layer running on top of a full OS, how the heck can you expect it to run perfectly, you have to remember it's a emulator, it can't do everything, especially if Apps use deep Android integration.

3. Not BlackBerry or the Passports fault, Twitter make the BB10 Twitter App

4. Again, not BlackBerry or the Passports fault, Instagram don't want to make a BB10 App, blame them, it's their choice.

Frankly, you're just moaning about problems which you should have known about before buying the Passport, BB10 is not a normal user "gimmie appz" OS.
    Regarding #3 BlackBerry actually does make the twitter app for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    07-06-15 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure they do, the Facebook App they do.
    The Twitter App doesn't follow the usual UI at all, not something I think BlackBerry would do
    07-06-15 07:42 AM
    As for #4, just download Instagram from 1Mobile Market. It's been working great for me. No Hub integration but I'm totally fine with that.

Via my Red Passport
    07-06-15 07:49 AM
    That's what I am trying to say things do work but not to the full functionality. People care about things that others don't really care. That said things like linkedin, twitter..etc must work effectively. Yes I can use the web and yes I can use other apps but I am tired of the workaround and paying more money to try out different apps. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:16 AM
    That's what I am trying to say things do work but not to the full functionality. People care about things that others don't really care. That said things like linkedin, twitter..etc must work effectively. Yes I can use the web and yes I can use other apps but I am tired of the workaround and paying more money to try out different apps. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    That's why my passport is in a drawer and I'm back on my 6+
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-07-15 10:26 AM
    I think the title is a bit misleading, it seems you are more hacked off by the app situation than the Passport or BB10.

The app gap has been common knowledge since way before the Passport was released.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    07-07-15 10:40 AM
    Why not to me?

Posted via CB10
    cuz i'm first. lol

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:46 PM
    That's why my passport is in a drawer and I'm back on my 6+
    But you are still trolling the Passport Fourm! Smh

Via BlackBerry Passport
    miker476, divyan and pgg101 like this.
    07-08-15 08:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Twitter makes the app.

Things I hate about BlackBerry passport or bb10.-img_20150708_185553.png
    southlander and Coachbulldog like this.
    07-08-15 08:56 PM
    Few things that is driving me crazy and I hope/wish that bb10 team address them.

1. LinkedIn notifications never rcv them on time and sometimes they are not even rcvd. I just sent a reply to one of the messages using the Hub and I just noticed that there is an x red icon placed beside my message (what the hell does that x red icon means).
    2. Android apps never plays nicely or never functions the way they should. I am not even talking about google services. Example: Starbucks
    3. Notifications in general are the best experience. Example: twitter native app doesn't even push notifications. So I had to grab 3rd party app twittly. While twittly is ok it still requires lots of improvement. And who knows if twitter chooses not to use 3rd party apps and it will shuut down.
    4. Instagram doesn't exist and a side load is required but again never works the way it should. Therefore another 3rd party app like inst10 is required.

My point is that the most popular apps don't work properly and that requires workarounds. I bought a BlackBerry to increase my productivity not just send emails and messages which is the only powerful feature the passport offer. I can keep going but honestly we are in 2015 were workarounds for main apps are not the way to go. I love my passport but soon I will have to look else where. What say you?

Posted via CB10
    You bought the wrong phone. Sell or return your BlackBerry Passport buy an Android or iOS device and move on with your life. Everyone on these forums has experienced all the things you're talking about. They just choose to accept them and they secretly hope that one day BlackBerry will return to its former glory.

I thought the exact same thing when I bought my Q10.

Bottom line if you need apps BlackBerry is not for you.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-08-15 10:47 PM
    You don't need to punish yourself and suffer for something that is not working in you - just change your mobile to something workable on you. If I have the same unproductive experiences and perspectives, I will not giveaway my HTC M9...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:39 PM
    Starbucks work great here.
    07-09-15 02:04 AM
    Actually very true what the op has pointed out, tho the reason why I still use a blackberry is because I spend more time on email/whatsapp than say LinkedIn or twitter, which works better on BlackBerry than droid/ios.

Can't have the best of them all I guess, though for you its actually fairly easy for BlackBerry to fix like extend the twitter client or linkedin, however ur not alone and that there are way more essential apps people find works in a limited fashion on the BlackBerry platform.

Posted via CB10
    gilbertgk likes this.
    07-09-15 02:36 AM
    Posted via king z10
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-09-15 02:47 AM
    I think instead of complaining you should just sell your phone or trade it on Kijiji and move on.
    I find my passport is the best all my apps works even the android and the battery life is hands down the best no other phone can beat that.
    GeoK likes this.
    07-09-15 05:29 AM
    I was waiting for double typing issue, screen lifting or something with the size and shape of the Passport.

A few apps don't work properly? Twitter for BlackBerry is an acquired taste. LinkedIn is a mess. Instagram...well, that actually works well as of late, save for notifications in the hub.

I feel your pain OP, but I don't think I can sympathize. It sounds like you need to accept the Passport and BB10 for what it is at the moment or move onto another platform that will give you what you want, and the best part is...That's okay.

Typed and swiped from my Passport.
    GeoK likes this.
    07-09-15 05:44 AM
    I haven't had any issues with the device thankfully. The keyboard is amazing and the whole device is very good.
    Regarding the software, I think the hub is the best feature from any other OS. It's a shame we can't have more native apps to integrate with it. overall though the OS is buggy, either with apps or when trying to multi task between the hub and other apps. I only had double typing once and that was purely a software issue. There are a few features missing as well such as native call blocking but generally the OS is not solid enough to distinguish it from iOS or android

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:14 AM
    I agree, better battery and better phone.
    Passport may not be up to what the OP was looking for or wanted.
    But then, why does OP still have the Passport?

I think instead of complaining you should just sell your phone or trade it on Kijiji and move on.
    I find my passport is the best all my apps works even the android and the battery life is hands down the best no other phone can beat that.
    07-09-15 07:16 AM
    My main use is emails and messaging that's why I keep the passport because BlackBerry is the best when it comes to emails and the Hub is a beauty. My complaints are only to make the BlackBerry experience better. I will not give up my phone. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:51 AM
    overall though the OS is buggy, either with apps or when trying to multi task between the hub and other apps. I only had double typing once and that was purely a software issue. There are a few features missing as well such as native call blocking but generally the OS is not solid enough to distinguish it from iOS or android

Posted via CB10
    What's buggy? Which OS version exactly? What apps? Never experienced bugs with multitasking. Not solid enough to distinguish - what does that even mean???

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-15 07:58 AM
78 123 ...