if you don't mind, can you provide a link to that particular thread? thanks!
    I linked it in post #42 above, just scroll up
    gallopiton likes this.
    02-26-15 12:05 PM
    thank you sir, i didn't notice that...

I linked it in post #42 above, just scroll up
    02-26-15 12:36 PM
    No, you don't "trick their system" when you purchase it online...

You purchase it with a plan, just as you would in-store because there is no other way to purchase it. You pay the outright price so it's not on any contract (that price should be $684.44 after taxes, and this is for the phone only, you do not pay any price for the service until you activate it, and even then you would only pay that when you started service, so once again, the price paid after taxes is $684.44).... When the Passport arrives at your house, and before you activate/turn on the Passport, you immediately call AT&T and tell them to cancel the mobile plan, but you still keep the phone, obviously. Then you enter the unlock code provided by BlackberryCodeSource and insert your SIM and activate it on the GSM network that you wish to use (caution that AT&T did remove some bands from this phone, so it is possible that not all GSM networks will be supported).

This is exactly what the AT&T customer service representative told myself (minus the bit about unlocking it since I am on AT&T as it is) and many others on this forum, if curious, search some other AT&T Passport threads and you will see similar text.
    Ok. Well while that's all hypothetically great and all, I am just telling you what happens when you go to an at&t store and actually try to purchase the device outright and unlock it

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:47 PM
    Ok. Well while that's all hypothetically great and all, I am just telling you what happens when you go to an at&t store and actually try to purchase the device outright and unlock it

Posted via CB10
    I also know that if you purchased the phone outright, that you are within your rights to request the unlock code via the AT&T website at : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=kr6O-C6B
    Last edited by Norg; 04-09-15 at 09:49 PM.
    04-09-15 09:37 PM
    I have the AT&T PP and i am loving it so for. Just the GPS is not good right now. Do not get me wrong I really like the original PP a lot wish AT&T would have stayed with that body style.
    04-10-15 08:10 AM
    I have the AT&T PP and i am loving it so for. Just the GPS is not good right now. Do not get me wrong I really like the original PP a lot wish AT&T would have stayed with that body style.
    I agree and absolutely Love my AT&T Passport, but the original design simply has that little something extra that sets it apart from the pack. Besides once they're in a case they practically look the same.

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    lang007 likes this.
    04-10-15 04:06 PM
    I'm getting my at&t Passport next week.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:16 PM
    Yes, it does have that certain special squareness to it.
    09-29-15 08:44 AM
    I have my ATT PP and love it I just wish there were more choices of cases
    09-29-15 07:55 PM
    I have my ATT PP and love it I just wish there were more choices of cases
    Amen on that
    09-29-15 08:54 PM
    Went to the ATT store yesterday in Fond du Lac, WI to see if they had the Body Glove case for the Passport and they had the classic on display and asked the sales guy and he said we dont carry BB becasue no one wants them and i said you have the classic on display he said yes but we dont sell them or the accessories.

I said ok have a good day and walked out flashing him and others my Passport, lol
    09-30-15 07:50 AM
    I'm back on the AT&T Passport. I recently just sold my SE. After owning all of the Passport style's, I would say that the AT&T model feels the best in hand. Great device!
    Lefty724 likes this.
    09-30-15 08:30 AM
    I'm back on the AT&T Passport. I recently just sold my SE. After owning all of the Passport style's, I would say that the AT&T model feels the best in hand. Great device!
    Agreed. I've also had every model and think the At&t model feels the best all around. I especially like the feel with the Body Glove case and the use of the BG holster as well on the At&t PP.

However, the looks and keyboard are enough to sway me over to the SE lol.

Posted via my Classic
    dlrogers81 likes this.
    09-30-15 09:16 AM
    Agreed. I've also had every model and think the At&t model feels the best all around. I especially like the feel with the Body Glove case and the use of the BG holster as well on the At&t PP.

However, the looks and keyboard are enough to sway me over to the SE lol.

Posted via my Classic
    lol, yes the SE has it going on in the looks department for sure!
    09-30-15 09:22 AM
64 123