Hi all! I've been lurking for years, but now that I took the plunge and got the amazing Blackberry Passport, I thought I might as well join up!

Now my question - I have the same *issue* that I had on the Blackberry 9930 back in the day, but since it's 2-3 years later I thought maybe there's a fix/workaround for it..

I use Gmail for my emails. I only have 1 email account hooked up to my PP. Sometimes I delete my spam or emails that I think need to be trashed. I also run a business and I categorize most of my emails using labels.

Now anyways - my question is that...I have maybe 20 emails in my inbox "starred" - these are the emails that I check on a daily basis and I do not look at any other emails unless I am searching for them.

On my Passport - I have 869 emails...Including ALL of the spam/unnecessary emails that I have gotten on my home PC and have discarded or DELETED these emails on Gmail. why are they still on my passport??

I'm not sure if this is a sub-issue/question or not - but I'll get an email on my blackberry, but answer it on my computer, either archive it or delete the email - and it will STILL be on my blackberry and just have a checkmark next to it. How can I get these emails to disappear from my blackberry completely??

Thanks gals and guys, and help or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
    03-27-15 01:27 PM
    Edit: here is my gmail inbox on my cpu with about 20 emails starred

View image: example

here is my blackberry inbox with seemingly every email from the beginning of time (at least since I got my PP)

View image: IMG 20150327 142444
    03-27-15 01:36 PM
    You can setup which folders to sync with your Passport.

Just go into Settings, Accounts, select the account, Select the email account and go to the bottom and you�ll see a "Edit Folder Settings". In there you can select which folders to sync.
    03-27-15 02:02 PM
    Thank you for your help ngc, but I do not see the Edit Folder Settings option. Can you take a screenshot perhaps?
    03-27-15 02:56 PM
    If your using gmail imap there's a couple things that need to be changed on the gmail side of things.

How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com

That will get it so when you actually delete an item it gets put in the deleted folder, not the archive folder. On the Passport there are folder sync settings under settings > accounts > gmail. Go down to the bottom and you'll see Edit Folder Settings. This is where you can pic folders to sync. I have the slider on mine set to sync all folders.
    03-28-15 12:05 AM
    If you have many folders, and you don't want to synch all to your device, you can mention which folders to synch by chosing them:

NOT in the settings, BUT in the HUB itself:

Tap on upper line "Blackberry Hub" (word)/down arrow, it opens its directories... browse the tree to your mail and open its directories like on a file explorer by typing on the "+" sign left to the directory... long press with the finger on the folder you want to synch, it shows a side-menue-bar where you can chose to synchronise the folder to your device:

Is there a way for my Gmail on my passport to reconcile with whats actually on Gmail???-img_20150328_081019_edit.png

Is there a way for my Gmail on my passport to reconcile with whats actually on Gmail???-img_20150328_081216_edit.png

Enjoy!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    03-28-15 02:14 AM
    Doesn't matter where you change those sync settings, hub or settings, either way your changing the same thing.
    03-28-15 09:52 AM