Sometimes I want to use a website in its full desktop edition but it's pretty annoying all the time to search for the switch if it even exists and sometimes it's enough you pass to another page at the website and it would swap back to the mobile version with noting to do then.

Is there an option to surf as a desktop to all websites?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:21 AM
    Yes.

While in the browser, press the 3 dots and go into to the settings. From there go into developer tools and enable desktop mode.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:24 AM
    Sometimes I want to use a website in its full desktop edition but it's pretty annoying all the time to search for the switch if it even exists and sometimes it's enough you pass to another page at the website and it would swap back to the mobile version with noting to do then.

Is there an option to surf as a desktop to all websites?

Posted via CB10
    Go to the settings in the browser, developers tools, and then make sure desktop mode is on

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:52 AM
    This doesn't always work though. Personally I HATE dumbed down mobile versions of Websites, I'd much rather view them on my z30 as I would on my laptop. Unfortunately, even with desktop mode on, more and more sites seem to be opening up the mobile versions when I go to them.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:40 AM
    This doesn't always work though. Personally I HATE dumbed down mobile versions of Websites, I'd much rather view them on my z30 as I would on my laptop. Unfortunately, even with desktop mode on, more and more sites seem to be opening up the mobile versions when I go to them.

Posted via CB10
    It should work all the time. Since the browser is now passing on its browser-type tag as desktop, the intended site would honor that. Make sure you clear cache for sites that you've already visited in mobile rendition.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-22-15 09:49 AM
    This is an important issue for me to solve too... moreover when passport browsing experience was announced to be desktop like... I am bored of mobile versions.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:49 AM
    Although desktop mode will work for many sites, some sites are now redirecting visitors to their mobile sites based upon screen resolution rather than the user agent.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:07 AM
    Very frustrating. Expedia was one of the first sites I noticed that always forces me to use its pitiful excuse of a mobile site, and there's no option or way of viewing the full desktop version on my z30 that I've found. Personally I find the mobile site exceedingly painful to use, and find myself getting my laptop out instead.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:59 AM
    Out of curiosity, isn't this what your Expedia site looks like? I use that service too.
    Is there a way to fully surf the web as a desktop?-img_20150322_134838.png
    03-22-15 12:50 PM
    Many pages are starting to use responsive design instead of looking at the user-agent. The amount of all different user agents is becoming a mess and hard to maintain (not future proof). It's soon going to be an obsolete technic. Usually it checks the width of the clients screen and changes the layout accordingly, it's a part of the HTML5/CSS3 standard but was probably even possible in HTML4 i think. Using desktop mode on a web page using this technic will not help, unfortunately..
    03-22-15 12:51 PM
    Sure, but not any time soon. Banks, governments, and educational institutions can't go there yet simply to accommodate users that are still 7, 8 years behind. Heck, there are many large financial institutions in the US that won't run on any browser but IE and Firefox. The fact that IE has been officially terminated will now force them to move with the time.
    03-22-15 12:59 PM
    Yeah, it will take some time. Bigger organizations with many legacy systems are not to keen on installing the latest and the greatest (and you are not allowed to install it yourself) :-)
    03-22-15 01:10 PM
    Exactly.
    03-22-15 01:18 PM