My Passport is always behaving as though I am making random swipes of the keyboard. It makes it incredibly annoying to use, and it also means I have to use my Passport discreetly as I would prefer my Idroid colleagues not see such crazy Passport behaviour. I often get asked about the Passport when I am holding it in my hand, but this issue prevents me from safely showcasing it to anyone.

I figure if the capacitive capability of the keyboard was disabled / disable-able (with an app, with a setting, with a screwdriver, whatever), I would be able to experience smooth usage of the device again (granted, at the cost of all the neat gestures, but they don't work anyway when the device is acting crazy).

Please note that I have already attempted rebooting, cleaning the keyboard and screen, mashing the keyboard, and contacting the seller (shopblackberry.com). Nothing has changed (and I never got a reply from the seller either). Just letting you know to head off those potential solution suggestions.

So again, is there a way to disable the capacitive aspect of the Passport keyboard?
    12-30-14 11:06 AM
    In 10.3.1 you can disable the capacitive keyboard. Unfortunately that means you'll either need to suck it up for the time being or install a leak.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    sandman10 likes this.
    12-30-14 11:11 AM
    Actually that is the greatest news I have heard all day, I have been sucking it up since September so what's a few more months?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:12 AM
    Though I still want the keyboard to work as a keyboard, I just want it to ignore features.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:13 AM
    Have you compared your device to another Passport? Sounds like the keyboard may be defective.
    12-30-14 11:20 AM
    Seems to me too as a defective device.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-30-14 02:13 PM
    Why not send it for warranty? You shouldn't have to deal with a defective device
    12-30-14 02:40 PM
    Why not send it for warranty? You shouldn't have to deal with a defective device
    I've contacted the seller (shopblackberry.com) but no reply, so not sure I have that option.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:25 AM
    I've contacted the seller (shopblackberry.com) but no reply, so not sure I have that option.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure where you are based, but I'm sure you have some rights. Don't take no reply as the final answer, try again, look for a contact phone number.
    12-31-14 05:36 AM
    I don't know if this will help but I was having the same problem and I have found that it is actually better to always keep both thumbs on the keyboard while typing.

Previous keyboards I hovered over the kb but I have found that keeping two points of contact reduces the gestures.

Slide you thumbs across the KB, it does help.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:42 PM
    I don't know if this will help but I was having the same problem and I have found that it is actually better to always keep both thumbs on the keyboard while typing.

Previous keyboards I hovered over the kb but I have found that keeping two points of contact reduces the gestures.

Slide you thumbs across the KB, it does help.

Posted via CB10
    . A good solution seems to work & now after trying appears to increase speed & accuracy too!!!
    12-31-14 03:20 PM